Reviews for Bedrock Bar & Grill

AmericanAsianAustralianEuropeanJapaneseSteak and GrillsWestern

Book a Table

arlene1985

Good Place

This is a great place for date night. Service and food are both very good. Tomato soup is a must try. The steaks are not cheap but thats the pirce for fine dining these days. Including 2 galsses of house pour each we spent $110 each.
14 Feb 2015 • 292 reviews • 22 followers

Slightly Above Average at Best

For the complete Chubby Botak Koala experience, click here:

A quick google search for a top 10 steakhouse in Singapore, 99% chance Bedrock Bar & Grill ('Bedrock') will be listed as one of them. Bedrock pride itself to serve the finest cuts of steak and whisky, so you are not wrong to expect impeccable service here.

We were seated on the first table after the wine chiller. From here, we can get a clear view of the food bar where the cold dish are prepared. There is a rustic feel to this set up, however I personally find it lacks the classy finishing touch in the furnishing department. Also the distance between the tables are just to close, we actually struggling to hear ourself chatting because the next table was too rowdy.

For starter we had Bedrock Smoked Tomato Soup ($16). True to its name, the tomato soup has a pleasant smokey flavour, with a smooth and creamy taste to it. SH and LD enjoyed it. Complimentary flat bread was served warm and it goes down well with the rich butter. I skipped the roasted garlic as it is not to my liking.

We shared the mains of U.S.D.A Prime Dry Aged Ribeye – 300g ($96), U.S.D.A Prime tenderloin - 240g ($89) and Mangalica Pork Collar – 300g ($59). All cooked to Medium. The Rib Eye was thick and with good marbling. Cooked to medium as per order. It is lightly seasoned, tender but slightly chewy considering it was dry aged.

My appetite for good porkie seems to have grown. Mangalica Pork Collar here represent a good cut. Although some might say it is a little fat, similar to the marbling in the beef, the pork just melts in your mouth.

For sides, duck fat potatoes ($16) was good, are crispy on the outside and moist inside. It has a nice golden brown colour which looks very appetizing. Seasoning was just right. The same can be said about the fries. Sautéed mushrooms ($18) and creamed spinach ($18) did not leave a lasting impression. The mushroom tasted dry and bland. It can be better with a dollop or two of butter to polish up the dish. Meanwhile the creamed spinach, they did not use baby spinach thus it tasted a bit bitter.

Desserts review, click here.

Service really need to be improved. Based on the price charged, we expect a fine dining standard of service. However, we found the basic service etiquette was missing. Friendly smile, attentiveness and providing good recommendations seems have been booted out the door. There are times when we feel that the service staff are looking down at you instead. I sincerely hope the management can look into this.

Overall, I respect the passion that Bedrock has to allow the ingredients to speak for itself. However, when it comes to fine dining, the taste and overall experience are still the most important factors. Comparing to other steakhouses in Singapore that I visited before, a lot of work need to be done to improve the standard here. Will I be back? Unlikely. Cheers!!
  • Bedrock Bar & Grill
24 Oct 2014 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

Good Place

25 Sep 2014 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

Great food, good ambience and excellent service

One of the best restaurant I ever went. The prices of the food are at the higher range and you pay for what you get. Steak is their signature dish (Sgd 80 to 100ish) but you can get alternatives like chicken or fish at a cheaper price compared to steak (sgd 30 to 50ish). Their food is absolutely delicious and I would recommend the restaurant to anyone who wants a good decent steak.
The waiter and waitress are very polite and nice and they came around occasionally table tapping and checking with us whether everything is alright. We stayed till near the closing time and it was raining at that time. To our surprise, they offered to call a cab for us.

This is a restaurant coupled with good food and services. Thumbs up!

Similar Listings