Back to Bedrock Bar & Grill#01-05, Pan Pacific Serviced Suites, 96...

Smoked Tomato Soup5 votes
Corporate Events3 votes

Starved
 • 31 Jan 2010 14 reviews 1 follower
Overall
I arrived early for dinner. Ordered a beer or two and sat outside the restaurant for some people watching. They didn't have Coopers Pale Ale so the wait staff walked across the mall to the other restaurant and retrieved it for me.

Ambience was spot on for a steak restaurant (for me anyway) and all the people around us seemed to be enjoying the experience there. I am still trying to figure out why every restaurant I visit, there is always someone taking a shot of their plate of food. Singaporeans don't normally cook at home so I am guessing they want to post it here? ;-)

Anyway, the Tomahawk table steak was good for Singapore although not the best steak I've had when compared with US and Australian locations. The maccoroni cheese and truffle mash were major highlights. If you can eat mash or even mildly tolerate it, do not go pass the mash. You won't regret it.

Wine list was a little small. What our wait staff recommended was not bad. None of the wait staff referred us to a sommelier so I am guessing they didn't have one. Sipped on expresso (good) and Lemon Cello at the end. I do prefer my lemon cello chilled. Theirs were not by default so I had it fixed with a glass of ice.

Service was good. Not a fine dining experience but very attentive.

Overall, I would go back and recommend this place to anyone that needs a beef fix.

Must tries: Truffle Mash sides and Maccoroni Cheese entree/sides

Supper, Dinner, Romance/First Dates, Business Dining, Boys Night Out, Girls Night Out, After Work, Vibrant/Noisy, Wine Lists, Live Band, People Watching

#1 Pork Fan
 • 18 Jan 2010 3 reviews 1 follower
Overall
Very solid restaurant.  I've been there about 5 times now, and each time I've left happy with both the food and service.  I must say that I think that service is one of the strong points of Bedrock, the servers are some of the most knowledgable servers that I've come acrross in Singapore.  The steaks are good, cooked properly, and the side's are great.  The ribeye that I usually order is fantastic, and the truffle mash and the mac and cheese are must tries.
Dinner, Quiet

chummycheryl
 • 13 Jan 2010 884 reviews 2 followers
Overall
Sliding into one of the comfy leather booths, I asked a waiter for recommendation as it was my first time dining at Bedrock Bar & Grill. I was recommended their specialty steaks - Porterhouse Duroc Pork Steak, a lovely change from my usual beef steaks. Whisky lovers will love their whisky bar that stocks a variety of the liquor.