Summary

Smoked Tomato Soup, The steak selection, Bedrock Pepper Steak, Macaroni cheese, tenderloin, Duck, Hokkaido Scallops & Chorizo, Ribeye cap steak, apple crumble, steaks + fries, tomahawk steak, Bedrock steak, Bone Marrow, Bread with Roasted Garlic, Calamansi Pie, Cheeky Beef pie, Complimentary Bread, Crispy skin seabass, Dark Side, Garlic soup, Ice Cream Sandwhich, Jamon Iberico, Mangalica Pork Collar, Porcini ravioli, Red Wine Pear, Striploin, Truffle Mash sides and Maccoroni Cheese entree/sides, U.S.D.A Prime Dry Aged Ribeye, Whisky Sour, asparagus soup, cauliflower, cauliflower au gratin, duck fat potatoes, flatbread, hot whiskey mustard sauce to go with the steak, inhouse bread, roast pork belly, side dishes, waffles, waygu View all
Dinner, Romance/First Dates, Lunch, After Work, Business Dining, Wine Lists, Girls Night Out, Quiet, Boys Night Out, Large Groups/Gathering, Private Dining, Hidden Find, Fine Dining, Chillout, Vibrant/Noisy, Anniversary, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Corporate Events, Children/Family View all

Great Lunch set offer

To view the full post and pictures, go to:

This time I decided to try out the lunch set which they still offer over weekends. Surprise Surprise, I thought usually lunch sets will only be available during weekdays.

The price for a lunch set which includes steak is $58++, I thought this price was really reasonable for the quality of beef and get an appetizer and dessert of my choice. For non-beef eaters, it is $38++ for non-steak dishes – Chicken and fish were available. They just updated their menu slightly last week so I was pleasantly surprised when I got there.

Char Grilled Baby Gem
I ordered this and it turned out delightfully refreshing with balsamic vinegar. The slightly charred roasted baby gems added a punch on top of its crunchy juicy leaves. I liked the overall flavors mixed together with the grilled bacon. Indeed yum.

Irish Dry Aged Ribeye

Presentation was simple with the Ribeye lying atop a bed of sauteed mushrooms. The Ribeye was well seared on both sides, tender and easy to slice. It was succulent and juicy with every morsel. I managed to finish the entire dish myself, which is rare for me when it comes to steak. I highly recommend this.

Sticky Stout and Toffee Pudding

I always love Sticky Toffee Pudding and this one was accompanied by cool Ginger Nut ice cream. I bit into the warm soft sticky pudding, and the cold ice cream dancing around in my mouth as it melted. The ginger taste added a punch which I thought was really interesting. I cleared this plate within seconds! Truly a comforting dessert!

Lobster Bisque

With so many hits, unfortunately the Lobster Bisque was a miss. It had a bitter after-taste after having a few spoonfuls.

Sliced Woodfire -Grilled NY Steak

The Woodfire Grilled NY Steak was also very well seared on both sides, with a pinkish-reddish hue when sliced open (she ordered medium). The NY Steak was tender but still not as tender as the Irish Dry Age Ribeye. My friend opted for the mashed potatoes instead of fries. That decision was the best decision ever as we both enjoyed the creamy mashed potatoes so much.

Chocolate Profiteroles with Affogato Ice cream

My friend also thoroughly enjoyed the Chocolate Profiteroles with coffee ice cream. And even though she was full from her steak, she managed to finish her entire dessert.

Paying $58++ for appetizer, main and dessert I thought this was a really good deal considering the serving portion wasn’t small and the quality of steak was great. I would definitely come back again for their lunch set if I have another chance. The service staff were very attentive and were constantly checking on us and asking us how the food was.

Most helpful reviews for Bedrock Bar & Grill

NY styled

Had dinner over a slow Friday evening recently with wifey and a friend there after hearing so much about this place. It is set up in the form of a typical NY style steakhouse, the dark and woody deco gives the place the spot on image it is going for.

I think enough been said about the food. It's a steakhouse, so we all come for the meat though the 3 of us enjoyed the starters of the Hokkaido scallops ($32) and the tomato soup ($12). For the cuts of the meat, we had the tenderloin ($48), the ribeye ($88) and the T bone ($65). The staff (Kevin, I believe) was very good with his recommendations. The ribeye though was slightly fat but when we indicated that the tenderloin was a bit too raw for our liking, another serving was presented without any fuss.

We also ordered the mac and cheese (excellent at $8.50), shoestring fries ($6.50) and rocket salad ($6.50) as sides. For the sauces we had the whiskey mustard (very good without being overpowering), chilli something (too spicy), classic herbal thingy (very creamy) and red wine sauce (nothing too spectacular). They were really nice enough to bring the additional sauces for us to try and being left on the side, it allowed us to determine how much of it we want, as it should be.

Had the apple crumble ($15) for desserts and though it is not exactly huge, after the heavy meal we had, it was just right.

Basically, really enjoyed the place, been trying to hunt down good steakhouses in town and would gladly add this to the very limited list. The staff were friendly and competent, and like what some of you here mentioned, volunteered the information on the additional 10% on Citi cards. We had a nice easy slow dinner from 7 to around 10 at no time did we feel rushed. And despite the restaurant being full, the staff were always attentive and ready to notice your call.

Do try to make reservations though and get there early for some pre-dinner drinks, the whiskey sour is fantastic and does set the evening up nicely. A portion of the bill included the numerous drinks we had too though there are no Ale or dark beer available. Usual fare like Tiger and Heineken .

rock on

Located at the Pan Pacific Suites, this dark wooden dining area may be new but it has certainly gathered its fair share of following.

While I was waiting for friends to arrive, I manage to enjoy some calming slow rock music that nearly put me to bed.

Down to the food, I went with the set lunch. I started with the Smoked Tomato Soup which was tasty and rich, the way I like it.

For my main course I had the Bedrock Pepper Steak, done medium rare. Starting with the fries, I liked its crispiness. The steak was a little small but the quality of the beef was of a relatively good angus sirloin, although I wished I could have had a little more beef.

On Panerai's recommendation, I also tried some pasta infused cream pasta - a simple but very addictive dish.

Dessert was a Calamansi Pie which was a nice tinge of sweet and sour to end the meal. Overall, this is a hidden find in town where one can hide for a after work beer and still enjoy pretty good grub.

Le Bouchons is better I think

It's been a while since I've felt the need to write a review, because most of the places I have been to recently have been somewhat blah.

But as I walked ino Bedrock, there was this tiny spark of excitment (the feeling that you just might have discovered a new and good place). The owner looked up and smiled "Welcome to Bedrock" when I entered, the waitress chimed "Welcome back", when I got back from the ladies. Oh I so wanted to like this place. I so wanted to be able to add it to my list of places to come after work and enjoy some wine and good food.

But honestly, the food was only just ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beat chest and wail!!

I think that a good piece of steak requires fat. Not globules, but fat well marbled across the steak to provide that additional juiciness and ommph. Bedrock's steak lacked that inner structure and therefore felt like a cut of meat you could get from Cold Storage instead of say, Espirito Santo. My friend had a better cut, the 200g wagyu, but that was priced at S$90 and still tasted like my Cold Storage ribeye.

I had the apple crumble for dessert (the dessert I eat anywhere and everywhere) and thought it overpriced. At S$15, I certaintly expected more than a small dish with 1 scoop of ice cream and some crumble. The three layers of ice cream, crumble and apple slices did not jell well together, probably because the ice cream was too cold and the crumble and apple slices insufficient to provide a counter balance.

All in all, I think you can get better food at Le Bouchons at 30% cheaper. Or if you have a nice girdled skillet at home, you might want to just buy the meat from Espirito and cook it yourself for less than S$20.

For Smoked Tomato Soup...Bread & Roasted Garlic "Spread"

This review is long overdue... :p

It was a simple dinner appointment that turned out pretty enjoyable for both CG and myself. CG suggested checking out the new Pan Pacific Serviced Suites, which means Oriole Café or Bedrock. Oriole was so packed and Bedrock is just so tempting since I’m too lazy to walk elsewhere in search for dinner. We looked at the menu and decide to just walk in.

The interior is dark (not helpful for food-tography), but definitely a good place to date or have your girls night out. As this is our first visit to the restaurant, the waiter guides us through the menu and their specialties. After a good 10mins, we decided on the following:

Smoked Tomato Soup - $12.00

300g Ribeye with Mustard Seed Sauce - $42.00

Twice Cooked Duck - $36

2 glasses of Montes Red - $12.00 per glass

Complimentary bread was served with butter and a cloves of ROASTED garlic drizzled with what seems like olive oil (?) The flat bread was served warm and taste good with the butter. What stole the limelight was the roasted garlic! The garlic was nicely roasted till perfection and indeed literally garlic spread when you just poke a piece and spread it on the flat bread. A must try for those non-garlic eaters; this clove here will change your opinion on garlic.

Up next was the smoked tomato soup, made from roma tomato and smoked with apple wood; this soup is subtly bursting with the right amount of sweetness and tanginess. The soup goes well with the bread and taste good even if they serve the chilled version (IMO).

GC had a Ribeye done medium rare with mustard seed sauce. I believe most must have read her review so I need not say much. =)

I ordered the twice-cooked duck aka duck confit. Serve with fine mashed potatoes. Having taste the jackpot hitting duck confit at Sage. The one here is far from my liking. Not that it taste bad, but there’s something about it irking me off. Every bite is holding me back from enjoying this dish. The small tiny bits of broken chipped bone are the killer! I have to pick the bits of bone along with every piece of meat I put inside my mouth. It’s very frustrating. The skin of the duck is not crisp enough resulting in no explosion of fats and the meat is just tad dry. The only thing I like is this duck confit is not too salty. The very fine mash at the side is forgettable, too fine in texture for enjoyment. (IMO)

There are always hits and misses when it comes to food, however; overall it was a pretty ok experience for me. The tomato soup and bread is something that I might crave for. In terms of mains, I would suggest just go for the steak. Service was good and prompt. There’s a Citibank of 10% for cardholders.

PS: As the lighting is way too dim for food-tography, no pictures for this review.

Bedrock

A lot has already been said about the atmosphere of Bedrock so to keep it short its beautifully laid out. THe music though was seriously lacking on my first trip. It sounded like I was in the Hard Rock Cafe but when we asked the waited to change it they were happy to help - we also felt they were slightly relieved to get rid of the ridiculous heavy metal.

Waiter was excelletn explained the menu well and knew his stuff. We didn't bother with a starter as neither my friend nor i had big appetites. We order up one tenderloin and one air dried sirloin with sides of cauliflower au gratin, creamed spinach and fries for a true friday night indulgence. All of the food was divine. The steaks were like butter so soft in texture and full of flavour. The gratin not too creamy whilst the cauliflower maintained its integrity.

I have been back and was still impressed. The Dog Point SB on the wine list is always a welcome addition although the selection could lean a little toward Europe as well as the heavy concentration on the antipodean wines.

All in all a really good find and one which i hope to make regular visits too.