Summary

Smoked Tomato Soup, The steak selection, Bedrock Pepper Steak, Macaroni cheese, tenderloin, Duck, Hokkaido Scallops & Chorizo, Ribeye cap steak, apple crumble, steaks + fries, tomahawk steak, Bedrock steak, Bone Marrow, Bread with Roasted Garlic, Calamansi Pie, Cheeky Beef pie, Complimentary Bread, Crispy skin seabass, Dark Side, Garlic soup, Ice Cream Sandwhich, Jamon Iberico, Mangalica Pork Collar, Porcini ravioli, Red Wine Pear, Striploin, Truffle Mash sides and Maccoroni Cheese entree/sides, U.S.D.A Prime Dry Aged Ribeye, Whisky Sour, asparagus soup, cauliflower, cauliflower au gratin, duck fat potatoes, flatbread, hot whiskey mustard sauce to go with the steak, inhouse bread, roast pork belly, side dishes, waffles, waygu View all
Dinner, Romance/First Dates, Lunch, After Work, Business Dining, Wine Lists, Girls Night Out, Quiet, Boys Night Out, Large Groups/Gathering, Private Dining, Hidden Find, Fine Dining, Chillout, Vibrant/Noisy, Anniversary, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Corporate Events, Children/Family View all

Great Lunch set offer

To view the full post and pictures, go to:

This time I decided to try out the lunch set which they still offer over weekends. Surprise Surprise, I thought usually lunch sets will only be available during weekdays.

The price for a lunch set which includes steak is $58++, I thought this price was really reasonable for the quality of beef and get an appetizer and dessert of my choice. For non-beef eaters, it is $38++ for non-steak dishes – Chicken and fish were available. They just updated their menu slightly last week so I was pleasantly surprised when I got there.

Char Grilled Baby Gem
I ordered this and it turned out delightfully refreshing with balsamic vinegar. The slightly charred roasted baby gems added a punch on top of its crunchy juicy leaves. I liked the overall flavors mixed together with the grilled bacon. Indeed yum.

Irish Dry Aged Ribeye

Presentation was simple with the Ribeye lying atop a bed of sauteed mushrooms. The Ribeye was well seared on both sides, tender and easy to slice. It was succulent and juicy with every morsel. I managed to finish the entire dish myself, which is rare for me when it comes to steak. I highly recommend this.

Sticky Stout and Toffee Pudding

I always love Sticky Toffee Pudding and this one was accompanied by cool Ginger Nut ice cream. I bit into the warm soft sticky pudding, and the cold ice cream dancing around in my mouth as it melted. The ginger taste added a punch which I thought was really interesting. I cleared this plate within seconds! Truly a comforting dessert!

Lobster Bisque

With so many hits, unfortunately the Lobster Bisque was a miss. It had a bitter after-taste after having a few spoonfuls.

Sliced Woodfire -Grilled NY Steak

The Woodfire Grilled NY Steak was also very well seared on both sides, with a pinkish-reddish hue when sliced open (she ordered medium). The NY Steak was tender but still not as tender as the Irish Dry Age Ribeye. My friend opted for the mashed potatoes instead of fries. That decision was the best decision ever as we both enjoyed the creamy mashed potatoes so much.

Chocolate Profiteroles with Affogato Ice cream

My friend also thoroughly enjoyed the Chocolate Profiteroles with coffee ice cream. And even though she was full from her steak, she managed to finish her entire dessert.

Paying $58++ for appetizer, main and dessert I thought this was a really good deal considering the serving portion wasn’t small and the quality of steak was great. I would definitely come back again for their lunch set if I have another chance. The service staff were very attentive and were constantly checking on us and asking us how the food was.

Most helpful reviews for Bedrock Bar & Grill

Definitely Worth A Visit

I finally found some time to head down to Bedrock when my friend was recently in town & I must say I was definitely impressed in general.

After seating us, they waiter who presented the menus proceeded to highlight the specials to us which was a great help in our selection process.

As they were having an ongoing NZ promotion, we ordered the scallop carpaccio from the specal menu to share. It was quite an interesting dish as it was served with a squeeze of lime & mustard which we were supposed to mix together. As for our mains, we heeded the waiter's recommendation of the aged US striploin & ordered one each, medium rare. Both steaks came beautifully done although my friend's red wine reduction sauce was disappointingly tasteless & bland. My mustard sauce was okay but nothing to shout about & I rather liked my steak without it.

Having not much room left for dessert, we decided to share what another pal had claimed 'he would kill for' - the apple crumble. Although that was the one thing I'd been looking forward to the entire meal, it turned out to be the biggest letdown of the night. There is only one way to say this - if you want instant diabetes, Bedrock's apple crumble is the way to go.

There is no way I can endorse the apple crumble the same way my other friend had but everything else was thoroughly enjoyable. The wonderful service provided by the entire team of service staff is reason enough for me to go back.

Love it

Been here a few times for dinner and once for lunch. Definitely prefer dinner, as lunch menu is limited, at least for now. Tomato soup is great. Steaks are great. Seabass is even good if you must have fish at a steakhouse. Enjoy the desserts too. Love the decor--nothing like it in Singapore IMO. Service is well-meaning but not always seamless. All around, quite a comfortable place.

lovely freshly baked bread and nice smoked tomato soup

Had dinner plans with WF and was wondering where to head to when I thought of the new makan places at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites. However when we reached, we initially wanted to not spend so much. But Oriole was packed and we were only left with Bedrock. We ended up hecking it and just splurged instead.

Bedrock has blinds all around and the interior has a very heavy use of wood. Upon entry, one will see an open kitchen concept for preparation of items such as bread and salads and wines lining the walkway from the entrance. We were seated in the booth seat, with a superb view of the open kitchen. Besides catching up, we were enjoying the view of the chefs prepping the dishes.

The staff explained the small menu and highlighted some of their specialities such as Panko Salad, Smoked Tomato Soup and Pepper Steak.

We started off with the complimentary freshly baked flat bread (think: naan) served with butter and cloves of roasted garlic. The bread was soft and warm. Butter was nice with the bread but frankly, the roasted garlic was BETTER! Served in cloves still in the 'skin' with a bit of the top chopped off, the garlic whole was easily eased out of its jacket. But it was soft enough to be a true blue garlic spread on the bread. Its palatable for non-garlic lovers too. WF can attest to that! Hee.

We shared the Smoked Tomato Soup ($12) and the bread also went very well with the soup. The soup was sweet and not sour. As we were sharing, the staff helped us split the soup into 2 portions for us. Nice.

I had the Aussie Ribeye - medium rare ($42) from the steak/beef section of the menu. For this ONLY the ribeye is served, no sides. I only get to make a choice of the sauce served on the side, in this case, I opted for the Mustard Seed Sauce. The ribeye was served on a hot plate and nicely done. Meat was tender and the mustard seed sauce was nice.

WF had the Duck Confit ($36) but it only garnered an 'ok' from her. Guess she will elaborate further in her review.

We also had a glass of Montes red wine each ($12 each).

Overall, the food and ambience was not bad. Just that prices are really on the high side. For the few items we had above, total damage was about $123 after discount from Citibank.

Take 2..... I'm back

So I did make it back,

What can i say....These guys are getting their gig together, they should be ready to rock 'n' roll in no time.

We sampled a different variety this time round, except for this repeat: Hokkaido Scallops and Chorizo, we had the smoked tomato soup, sauteed mushrooms, Asparagus, Snapper & Scampi, Cheeky beef pie. It was all good, unpretentious simply prepared, I was satisfied. They hit the right note this time round. I especially enjoyed the pie, simple but tasteful.

Final Verdict - I'll be back

Slow Rock...

The Title says it all, SLOW ROCK...

This new kid on the block hasn't got its groove together yet. Our meal started @ 830 ended almost 1100.

The intervals we had kinda mellowed the appetite so....not the best experience.

The folks at bedrock were sincere with the service but somehow couldn't manage the time and delivery. They were generous with their inhouse bread which was good. The starters were good as well, we had the Hokkaido scallops with chorizo and some Sauteed mushrooms and for mains I had house signature - Dry Aged Sirloin. It was mediocre for that price. Had better in the U.S so there is a benchmark for reference.

However, my wife had the duck and she loves it. The other folks in our party had the Black Pepper steak (Not the usualy kind), they we pleased with their meat. Desserts were fine, apple crumble scored it for me and the Lime merigne cream was decent.

Wrap it up, Bedrock has my thumbs up and they deserve a 2nd tasting, I'll be gunning for the other stuff so this is not final.

verdict akan datang!