Reviews for Bedrock Bar & Grill

AmericanAsianAustralianEuropeanJapaneseSteak and GrillsWestern
Address: #01-05, Pan Pacific Serviced Suites, 96 Somerset Road, 238163

12 Feb 2016

Ribeye! Mac n Cheese!

We've walked by Bedrock a hundred time and finally stopped in for dinner. We have no idea why we waited so long! The ribeye was a perfect medium temperature. Was super juicy. Really nice touch to have a hot stone platter as a plate. The Mac and Cheese coming out on the hot skillet is a must have with the steak. I am already planning a next visit for a steak again. I'd like to note that Chloe was so helpful and nice to take care of us through our meal. For your sweet tooth we had the churos. Was a bit pricey but came out nice and fresh
Ribeye cap steak

More reviews of Bedrock Bar & Grill

Good Place

This is a great place for date night. Service and food are both very good. Tomato soup is a must try. The steaks are not cheap but thats the pirce for fine dining these days. Including 2 galsses of house pour each we spent $110 each.
Overall

Great food, good ambience and excellent service

One of the best restaurant I ever went. The prices of the food are at the higher range and you pay for what you get. Steak is their signature dish (Sgd 80 to 100ish) but you can get alternatives like chicken or fish at a cheaper price compared to steak (sgd 30 to 50ish). Their food is absolutely delicious and I would recommend the restaurant to anyone who wants a good decent steak.
The waiter and waitress are very polite and nice and they came around occasionally table tapping and checking with us whether everything is alright. We stayed till near the closing time and it was raining at that time. To our surprise, they offered to call a cab for us.

This is a restaurant coupled with good food and services. Thumbs up!

Great place for steak

After taking our orders, complimentary flat bread was served. Love the flat bread, it was so warm, soft and fluffy. With full view of the kitchen, I can see how these breads were freshly made. Besides the butter, roasted garlic in olive oil is also served here as a spread for the bread. Love the garlic spread with the bread, excellent pairing for enjoying the flat bread to the fullest.

I decided to go for the Bedrock Pepper Steak ($79) which is served in a hot pan with the black peppercorn sauce at the side. The 300g Angus Beef Ribeye was juicy and flavourful. I like that the sauce is served at the side giving me the opportunity to appreciate the beautiful flavour of the beef. I ended up alternating between the natural flavour of the beef and the peppercorn sauce as I could not make up my mind which I preferred. Both were so good.

My partner went for the 300g Australian Grass Fed Striploin ($79). Cooked to medium donenss, she chosen to pair it with classic bearnaise sauce. The buttery and creamy sauce went very well with the steak. There are also other options of red wine, chili oil, wholegrain whiskey mustard and chimichurri sauces. Do note all these sauces come at a $4 cost which I find that it should not be chargeable. In comparison, I still prefer the ribeye to the striploin as it's more flavourful.

For full review and photos, visit SG Food on Foot

Really Enjoyed it

I have been to so many restaurants lately where the service is just awful.  Either they are understaffed, or full of "Trainees" to keep the cost down.  This place was fantastic with service on a busy saturday night.  Very professional.  Very well organized.

The steaks were good.  Wifey had the tenderlon, i had the porterhouse.  Both were great.

We had a voucher from the entertainment book so it was a one for one making this place a very good value.

I enjoyed it alot and aim to return sometime.  Thier Mac & Cheese looked fantastic.

Bad Food. Bad Service.

Ordered rare tenderloin steak. Yes it did come rare and almost ice cold on the inside. Call on the manager (man in a suit). Had no apologies from him. Simply took the plate and said "we will just recook this" and he came back 1 minute later saying "you ordered rare, it is supposed to be cold inside." - seriously???!! (rare on the inside is 55degrees, not 5 degrees). This didnt just happen to me, I have a group of friends with me, medium rare was cooked well done. medium was done rare.     Their "trademark" sauces was truly a trademark. Tasted exactly like burnt oyster sauce from the bottom of a chinese wok.   Food was bad. Service is atrocious. Shockingly expensive for a piece of lousy beef. My group had a poll. Having dinner at Astons would have been a way better idea.    Pull your socks up Bedrock, fire the chef if you have to, change your entire crew. Delist your "trademark" sauce. Or simply wait to shut down. I would have given ZERO star to this review if I could. Seems 1-star is the minimum.