Summary

Smoked Tomato Soup, The steak selection, Bedrock Pepper Steak, Macaroni cheese, tenderloin, Duck, Hokkaido Scallops & Chorizo, Ribeye cap steak, apple crumble, steaks + fries, tomahawk steak, Bedrock steak, Bone Marrow, Bread with Roasted Garlic, Calamansi Pie, Cheeky Beef pie, Complimentary Bread, Crispy skin seabass, Dark Side, Garlic soup, Ice Cream Sandwhich, Jamon Iberico, Mangalica Pork Collar, Porcini ravioli, Red Wine Pear, Striploin, Truffle Mash sides and Maccoroni Cheese entree/sides, U.S.D.A Prime Dry Aged Ribeye, Whisky Sour, asparagus soup, cauliflower, cauliflower au gratin, duck fat potatoes, flatbread, hot whiskey mustard sauce to go with the steak, inhouse bread, roast pork belly, side dishes, waffles, waygu View all
Dinner, Romance/First Dates, Lunch, After Work, Business Dining, Wine Lists, Girls Night Out, Quiet, Boys Night Out, Large Groups/Gathering, Private Dining, Hidden Find, Fine Dining, Chillout, Vibrant/Noisy, Anniversary, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Corporate Events, Children/Family View all

Great Lunch set offer

To view the full post and pictures, go to:

This time I decided to try out the lunch set which they still offer over weekends. Surprise Surprise, I thought usually lunch sets will only be available during weekdays.

The price for a lunch set which includes steak is $58++, I thought this price was really reasonable for the quality of beef and get an appetizer and dessert of my choice. For non-beef eaters, it is $38++ for non-steak dishes – Chicken and fish were available. They just updated their menu slightly last week so I was pleasantly surprised when I got there.

Char Grilled Baby Gem
I ordered this and it turned out delightfully refreshing with balsamic vinegar. The slightly charred roasted baby gems added a punch on top of its crunchy juicy leaves. I liked the overall flavors mixed together with the grilled bacon. Indeed yum.

Irish Dry Aged Ribeye

Presentation was simple with the Ribeye lying atop a bed of sauteed mushrooms. The Ribeye was well seared on both sides, tender and easy to slice. It was succulent and juicy with every morsel. I managed to finish the entire dish myself, which is rare for me when it comes to steak. I highly recommend this.

Sticky Stout and Toffee Pudding

I always love Sticky Toffee Pudding and this one was accompanied by cool Ginger Nut ice cream. I bit into the warm soft sticky pudding, and the cold ice cream dancing around in my mouth as it melted. The ginger taste added a punch which I thought was really interesting. I cleared this plate within seconds! Truly a comforting dessert!

Lobster Bisque

With so many hits, unfortunately the Lobster Bisque was a miss. It had a bitter after-taste after having a few spoonfuls.

Sliced Woodfire -Grilled NY Steak

The Woodfire Grilled NY Steak was also very well seared on both sides, with a pinkish-reddish hue when sliced open (she ordered medium). The NY Steak was tender but still not as tender as the Irish Dry Age Ribeye. My friend opted for the mashed potatoes instead of fries. That decision was the best decision ever as we both enjoyed the creamy mashed potatoes so much.

Chocolate Profiteroles with Affogato Ice cream

My friend also thoroughly enjoyed the Chocolate Profiteroles with coffee ice cream. And even though she was full from her steak, she managed to finish her entire dessert.

Paying $58++ for appetizer, main and dessert I thought this was a really good deal considering the serving portion wasn’t small and the quality of steak was great. I would definitely come back again for their lunch set if I have another chance. The service staff were very attentive and were constantly checking on us and asking us how the food was.

Most helpful reviews for Bedrock Bar & Grill

Slightly Above Average at Best

For the complete Chubby Botak Koala experience, click here:

A quick google search for a top 10 steakhouse in Singapore, 99% chance Bedrock Bar & Grill ('Bedrock') will be listed as one of them. Bedrock pride itself to serve the finest cuts of steak and whisky, so you are not wrong to expect impeccable service here.

We were seated on the first table after the wine chiller. From here, we can get a clear view of the food bar where the cold dish are prepared. There is a rustic feel to this set up, however I personally find it lacks the classy finishing touch in the furnishing department. Also the distance between the tables are just to close, we actually struggling to hear ourself chatting because the next table was too rowdy.

For starter we had Bedrock Smoked Tomato Soup ($16). True to its name, the tomato soup has a pleasant smokey flavour, with a smooth and creamy taste to it. SH and LD enjoyed it. Complimentary flat bread was served warm and it goes down well with the rich butter. I skipped the roasted garlic as it is not to my liking.

We shared the mains of U.S.D.A Prime Dry Aged Ribeye – 300g ($96), U.S.D.A Prime tenderloin - 240g ($89) and Mangalica Pork Collar – 300g ($59). All cooked to Medium. The Rib Eye was thick and with good marbling. Cooked to medium as per order. It is lightly seasoned, tender but slightly chewy considering it was dry aged.

My appetite for good porkie seems to have grown. Mangalica Pork Collar here represent a good cut. Although some might say it is a little fat, similar to the marbling in the beef, the pork just melts in your mouth.

For sides, duck fat potatoes ($16) was good, are crispy on the outside and moist inside. It has a nice golden brown colour which looks very appetizing. Seasoning was just right. The same can be said about the fries. Sautéed mushrooms ($18) and creamed spinach ($18) did not leave a lasting impression. The mushroom tasted dry and bland. It can be better with a dollop or two of butter to polish up the dish. Meanwhile the creamed spinach, they did not use baby spinach thus it tasted a bit bitter.

Desserts review, click here.

Service really need to be improved. Based on the price charged, we expect a fine dining standard of service. However, we found the basic service etiquette was missing. Friendly smile, attentiveness and providing good recommendations seems have been booted out the door. There are times when we feel that the service staff are looking down at you instead. I sincerely hope the management can look into this.

Overall, I respect the passion that Bedrock has to allow the ingredients to speak for itself. However, when it comes to fine dining, the taste and overall experience are still the most important factors. Comparing to other steakhouses in Singapore that I visited before, a lot of work need to be done to improve the standard here. Will I be back? Unlikely. Cheers!!

Good Place

This is a great place for date night. Service and food are both very good. Tomato soup is a must try. The steaks are not cheap but thats the pirce for fine dining these days. Including 2 galsses of house pour each we spent $110 each.

Great food, good ambience and excellent service

One of the best restaurant I ever went. The prices of the food are at the higher range and you pay for what you get. Steak is their signature dish (Sgd 80 to 100ish) but you can get alternatives like chicken or fish at a cheaper price compared to steak (sgd 30 to 50ish). Their food is absolutely delicious and I would recommend the restaurant to anyone who wants a good decent steak.
The waiter and waitress are very polite and nice and they came around occasionally table tapping and checking with us whether everything is alright. We stayed till near the closing time and it was raining at that time. To our surprise, they offered to call a cab for us.

This is a restaurant coupled with good food and services. Thumbs up!

Great place for steak

After taking our orders, complimentary flat bread was served. Love the flat bread, it was so warm, soft and fluffy. With full view of the kitchen, I can see how these breads were freshly made. Besides the butter, roasted garlic in olive oil is also served here as a spread for the bread. Love the garlic spread with the bread, excellent pairing for enjoying the flat bread to the fullest.

I decided to go for the Bedrock Pepper Steak ($79) which is served in a hot pan with the black peppercorn sauce at the side. The 300g Angus Beef Ribeye was juicy and flavourful. I like that the sauce is served at the side giving me the opportunity to appreciate the beautiful flavour of the beef. I ended up alternating between the natural flavour of the beef and the peppercorn sauce as I could not make up my mind which I preferred. Both were so good.

My partner went for the 300g Australian Grass Fed Striploin ($79). Cooked to medium donenss, she chosen to pair it with classic bearnaise sauce. The buttery and creamy sauce went very well with the steak. There are also other options of red wine, chili oil, wholegrain whiskey mustard and chimichurri sauces. Do note all these sauces come at a $4 cost which I find that it should not be chargeable. In comparison, I still prefer the ribeye to the striploin as it's more flavourful.

For full review and photos, visit SG Food on Foot

Really Enjoyed it

I have been to so many restaurants lately where the service is just awful.  Either they are understaffed, or full of "Trainees" to keep the cost down.  This place was fantastic with service on a busy saturday night.  Very professional.  Very well organized.

The steaks were good.  Wifey had the tenderlon, i had the porterhouse.  Both were great.

We had a voucher from the entertainment book so it was a one for one making this place a very good value.

I enjoyed it alot and aim to return sometime.  Thier Mac & Cheese looked fantastic.