Back to Bedrock Bar & Grill#01-05, Pan Pacific Serviced Suites, 96...

Smoked Tomato Soup5 votes
Corporate Events3 votes

Ashley Tay 899
 • 02 Oct 2012 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
The ambience was good, but the service and quality of the food was lacking.

The steaks were rather pricey, ranging from $90-$140, which is comparable to Mortons, but the quality was far off.

We also ordered the Bone Marrow but all that came was half a bone with some rock salt. No marrow at all. That Bone costs $27.

Their only saving grace was their unique starter which was some kind of garlic bread.

Dinner, Private Dining

Hans L
 • 23 Jul 2012 5 reviews 0 follower
Overall
As a frequent steak eater, I always seek out the best steak all over the world. Whether it is the chop houses in NY, Vlado's in Melbourne, or the parrilla's of Buenos Aires, I've spent a fair bit of time finding the hits and misses.

Unfortunately this restaurant is a miss. If it were priced at least 25% lower, the shortcomings MIGHT be understandable. Unfortunately with the pretence and prices of an upscale dining establishment, the faults just are too many - at this price point I expect good service and great food.

The waiter showed disdain when we declined to have a look at the wine menu. Whatever the reason for my not wishing to imbibe, that's my prerogative. Strike 1.

I think we had a special on the menu, a whole baked cheese. Not bad.

I had the 500gr Porterhouse and the missus had the 300gr USD ribeye. Both steaks displayed an inordinate amount of gristle. The ribeye missed that characteristic mouth feel and slightly mineral taste that good dry aged steaks have. Perhaps this steak was dry aged in the US and then cryovac'd before sending to Singapore before waiting who knows how long in the freezer, or vice versa. That's speculation, but the fact is that the steak was lacking in texture, taste, and displayed a complete lack of skill in trimming.

Upon alerting a waiter to the copious gristle (about 2 fingers worth of an adult man's hand on a 500gr steak is no joke), he examined the evidence on the plate, shrugged, offered a half sincere apology and said that he would "inform the kitchen".

Without any wine, 2 appetizers and 2 steaks and a side order or 2, I spent well over 300 SGD, and left feeling that there are much better places to experience steak in Singapore. The bang for your buck factor just isn't here, and you're better served going elsewhere IMHO. The food and the experience just isn't commensurate with the pricing.

The fact that the toilet is outside the restaurant, and shared with a raucous bar, is another negative - bar toilet hygiene and upscale dining just don't mix.

The only positives I have for this restaurant is that the fitout is quite interesting and the dark and intimate interior makes it ideal for dinners for two. Just a shame that the food and service doesn't match. Spend your money elsewhere.

Romance/First Dates

Happygolucky
 • 02 Jul 2012 49 reviews 1 follower
Overall
The Iberico Jamon was sooo small thinly sliced, it was hard to eat. So different from the first time we had it. The toast was also stale.

Service was terrible. Only a few waiters were nice but we were still having dinner when one junior looking waiter approached us and asked us if we were willing to swop seats(to bench seating.) to accommodate a new group of guests who wanted more space. Very, very unprofessional. Immediately lost appetite. He said it right in front of his guests. Trying to pressure us to give up the seats? We rejected outrightly. In the meantime, we received stares from the group and also amused looks from the wait staff. How nice. They were always in a hurry to wanna clear our plates. I can only assume by doing so, we can get lost earlier. The female server who was initially very aloof, was extremely friendly with this new group.

If they had been professional enough, they should have asked discreetly. Furthermore, how can they ask questions like this when we had called and specifically requested for the middles tables because previously we sat at the booth seats and it was too cramp for us.

By the way, there was also another table behind us but they did not approach them. We were watching. I refuse to think that its because they are caucasians.

Used to tell people this place is not bad. But from then on, forget it. The food is also nothing to shout about.

Fail

Must tries: their terrible service