Summary

Smoked Tomato Soup, The steak selection, Bedrock Pepper Steak, Macaroni cheese, tenderloin, Duck, Hokkaido Scallops & Chorizo, Ribeye cap steak, apple crumble, steaks + fries, tomahawk steak, Bedrock steak, Bone Marrow, Bread with Roasted Garlic, Calamansi Pie, Cheeky Beef pie, Complimentary Bread, Crispy skin seabass, Dark Side, Garlic soup, Ice Cream Sandwhich, Jamon Iberico, Mangalica Pork Collar, Porcini ravioli, Red Wine Pear, Striploin, Truffle Mash sides and Maccoroni Cheese entree/sides, U.S.D.A Prime Dry Aged Ribeye, Whisky Sour, asparagus soup, cauliflower, cauliflower au gratin, duck fat potatoes, flatbread, hot whiskey mustard sauce to go with the steak, inhouse bread, roast pork belly, side dishes, waffles, waygu View all
Dinner, Romance/First Dates, Lunch, After Work, Business Dining, Wine Lists, Girls Night Out, Quiet, Boys Night Out, Large Groups/Gathering, Private Dining, Hidden Find, Fine Dining, Chillout, Vibrant/Noisy, Anniversary, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Corporate Events, Children/Family View all

Great Lunch set offer

To view the full post and pictures, go to:

This time I decided to try out the lunch set which they still offer over weekends. Surprise Surprise, I thought usually lunch sets will only be available during weekdays.

The price for a lunch set which includes steak is $58++, I thought this price was really reasonable for the quality of beef and get an appetizer and dessert of my choice. For non-beef eaters, it is $38++ for non-steak dishes – Chicken and fish were available. They just updated their menu slightly last week so I was pleasantly surprised when I got there.

Char Grilled Baby Gem
I ordered this and it turned out delightfully refreshing with balsamic vinegar. The slightly charred roasted baby gems added a punch on top of its crunchy juicy leaves. I liked the overall flavors mixed together with the grilled bacon. Indeed yum.

Irish Dry Aged Ribeye

Presentation was simple with the Ribeye lying atop a bed of sauteed mushrooms. The Ribeye was well seared on both sides, tender and easy to slice. It was succulent and juicy with every morsel. I managed to finish the entire dish myself, which is rare for me when it comes to steak. I highly recommend this.

Sticky Stout and Toffee Pudding

I always love Sticky Toffee Pudding and this one was accompanied by cool Ginger Nut ice cream. I bit into the warm soft sticky pudding, and the cold ice cream dancing around in my mouth as it melted. The ginger taste added a punch which I thought was really interesting. I cleared this plate within seconds! Truly a comforting dessert!

Lobster Bisque

With so many hits, unfortunately the Lobster Bisque was a miss. It had a bitter after-taste after having a few spoonfuls.

Sliced Woodfire -Grilled NY Steak

The Woodfire Grilled NY Steak was also very well seared on both sides, with a pinkish-reddish hue when sliced open (she ordered medium). The NY Steak was tender but still not as tender as the Irish Dry Age Ribeye. My friend opted for the mashed potatoes instead of fries. That decision was the best decision ever as we both enjoyed the creamy mashed potatoes so much.

Chocolate Profiteroles with Affogato Ice cream

My friend also thoroughly enjoyed the Chocolate Profiteroles with coffee ice cream. And even though she was full from her steak, she managed to finish her entire dessert.

Paying $58++ for appetizer, main and dessert I thought this was a really good deal considering the serving portion wasn’t small and the quality of steak was great. I would definitely come back again for their lunch set if I have another chance. The service staff were very attentive and were constantly checking on us and asking us how the food was.

Most helpful reviews for Bedrock Bar & Grill

New set lunch

Bedrock Bar & Grill has a new three-course set lunch menu and it includes these (pictured) mains: for $38++ per person you get the seafood or poultry main (three choices to pick from), including this pretty plate of nicely seared baked barramundi fillet with sea asparagus (the 'it' ingredient now) and tomato tapenade. At $58++ per person, you can opt for one of four steak mains, including this slightly chewy 10oz Flat Iron steak with broccolini, potatoes, onions and red wine sauce. All steaks are fired up with applewood, so you can be sure they're packed with flavour. What's even better is that you won't walk out of this enclosed restaurant (good for getting away from people in town) smelling like smoke. Pick the creamy asparagus soup (also part of the set), and you're a big eater, you must order these a la carte dishes: the indulgent mac and cheese made with three cheeses (the recipe is a secret, $18), and the Bedrock pepper steak ($79) - a 10oz can of ribeye with homemade black pepper sauce. We hope we helped you sort out that (office) lunch date.

steaks cooked to perfection and great mac n cheese

So the options of food at Bedrock is what you would expect of a steakhouse which needs no introduction

we decided to have a simple dinner and ordered the rib eye and steak burger.

You can read my full review and view photos here http://travelling-food-love.blogspot.sg/2014/01/bedrock-bar-grill-somerset.html

Affordable Set Lunch

We had the set lunch on new year eve. It is absolutely delicious. The baked garlic is unique. Slow baked fish is delicious & filling!

Some of the most authentic New York-style steaks with its list of choice cuts.

If you can look past the cartoon-inspired name, you’ll soon realize
that Bedrock is dead serious about serving up some of the most authentic New York-style steaks with its list of choice cuts. Everything about the décor, from the mood lighting to the brown leather and circular booths, is reminiscent of a NYC steakhouse circa s** and the City; not too shabby at all.

Reasonable food spoilt by poor service

Food/Drink 3 | Value 2 | Ambience 3 | Service N/A

Went there last year. Food is OK but perhaps not comparable to CUT, Morton's or Chris Ruths. After a long wait for our food, a waiter split ice-cold water all over the dinner table and onto my wife's dress. A quick "sorry" and a wpie of the table was all we got, then business as usual. When the final bill came, there was no reduction in bill size or any apology from the manager. I suspect in part that the wait staff were overstreched as they were literally rushing from table to table. Compare that to our experience at Absinthe, when the manager on duty came to our table, unprompted, just because our order was taking a long time - he immediately offerred a free desert to my wife.