Back to Bedrock Bar & Grill#01-05, Pan Pacific Serviced Suites, 96...

Smoked Tomato Soup5 votes

Corporate Events4 votes

Happygolucky
 • 02 Jul 2012 52 reviews 1 follower
Overall
The Iberico Jamon was sooo small thinly sliced, it was hard to eat. So different from the first time we had it. The toast was also stale.

Service was terrible. Only a few waiters were nice but we were still having dinner when one junior looking waiter approached us and asked us if we were willing to swop seats(to bench seating.) to accommodate a new group of guests who wanted more space. Very, very unprofessional. Immediately lost appetite. He said it right in front of his guests. Trying to pressure us to give up the seats? We rejected outrightly. In the meantime, we received stares from the group and also amused looks from the wait staff. How nice. They were always in a hurry to wanna clear our plates. I can only assume by doing so, we can get lost earlier. The female server who was initially very aloof, was extremely friendly with this new group.

If they had been professional enough, they should have asked discreetly. Furthermore, how can they ask questions like this when we had called and specifically requested for the middles tables because previously we sat at the booth seats and it was too cramp for us.

By the way, there was also another table behind us but they did not approach them. We were watching. I refuse to think that its because they are caucasians.

Used to tell people this place is not bad. But from then on, forget it. The food is also nothing to shout about.

Fail

Must tries: their terrible service

Six & Seven
 • 05 Apr 2012 68 reviews 2 followers
Overall
It had been a while since I last caught up with a dear friend. Wanting a snazzy place in town, yet without the raucous lunch hordes, we decided on Bedrock Bar & Grill. Located at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites, right outside the Marché entrance of 313@Somerset, it was the perfect blend of convenience and exclusivity.

Walking through the bar entrance, it was as though we fell down Alice’s rabbit hole, albeit without the crazy freefall. The interior was wonderfully executed, rustic with some modern decadence, and with Americana music in the background, it felt almost like I was back in the U.S of A. Now, if only they could tint the restaurant windows further to block out the executive lunch zombies, which would complete the illusion.

It’s been too many times since I’ve had boring buns to start off the meal, so my interest definitely piqued with their freshly baked à la minute, naan-looking bread. While I was quite puzzled to if the thin parchment was a more economically setting, the ‘naan’ soon distracted me with its light dusting of flour and fluffy texture.

We decided on the Roasted bone marrow ($24) starter as my dining companion had never had bone marrow before. While I have enjoyed soup tulang before, this was an entirely different experience. Served like bamboo shoots cut down the middle. The marrow itself was jelly-like and had the consistency of fresh oysters in the mouth.

There was a very delicate smoky flavour to it, which herbs and spices unfortunately mute. The toasted bread pairing, however, really helped to accentuate the marrow’s buttery, smoky nature. If Bedrock starts selling this bottled up as a bread spread, I’d be the first in line to get it.

To continue reading, please click here.

Lunch, Dinner, Romance/First Dates, After Work, Private Dining, Quiet

fooooooooood
 • 16 Mar 2012 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Headed over to Bedrock Bar and Grill at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites (right next to Marches if you exit 313) to try out their executive lunch as a post valentines day treat. Had pretty high hopes for the place because we saw a friend post pictures of his Tomahawk steak on Facebook and it looked absolutely divine.

We arrived slightly past 1 and there were maybe 4-5 other tables being occupied so they weren't that crowded and service was attentive. The décor was slick and the wooden furniture added to a laid back but sophisticated dining atmosphere.

We decided to get two 2-course meals, one with soup and the other with dessert to share because we weren't feeling that hungry. Topped up from their regular soup of the day to try their French Onion Soup and we weren't disappointed at all! One of the best onion soups I've had in Singapore, almost comparable to the one at Morton's. The gruyere cheese had a certain pungency to it, definitely not your run of the mill mozzarella cheese topping.

Next we decided to try the Grilled Ribeye Steak with Diane Sauce and the Grilled Striploin Steak with anchovy butter. To be honest, the steaks were nothing impressive. Tasted like something I could get at Aston's express at half the price. Maybe I'll be back one day to try the Tomahawk. The Mac and Cheese we ordered as our side was delicious though. It has a nice crust and the ooey gooeyness of the inside still gives me hope for this place.

For dessert we upgraded from dessert of the day to "A Wedge Of Chocolate" which is actually a 85% valrhona flourless chocolate cake. A wedge of chocolate is the perfect name for this cake because that's exactly what you feel like you're eating! The texture of this cake was like a dense chocolate cream, kind of like the texture of a cheesecake but every bite was pure, decadent, rich chocolate. I'd definitely recommend sharing this because it might be a bit too much for one person, as much as I love chocolate.

Overall, I would recommend this place to friends and I will still go back to try whatever else they have to offer. The bedrock crumble for 2 certainly sounds tempting enough ;)