Back to Bedrock Bar & Grill#01-05, Pan Pacific Serviced Suites, 96...

Smoked Tomato Soup5 votes
Macaroni cheese3 votes
all the various cuts of meat.3 votes
tenderloin3 votes

Wine Lists17 votes
Anniversary5 votes
Alfresco/Outdoor Dining4 votes
Corporate Events4 votes

EXPERIENCE WESTERN AUSTRALIA 5-COURSE SET DINNER . Other deals are available, find out more

Hans L
 • 23 Jul 2012 5 reviews 0 follower
Overall
As a frequent steak eater, I always seek out the best steak all over the world. Whether it is the chop houses in NY, Vlado's in Melbourne, or the parrilla's of Buenos Aires, I've spent a fair bit of time finding the hits and misses.

Unfortunately this restaurant is a miss. If it were priced at least 25% lower, the shortcomings MIGHT be understandable. Unfortunately with the pretence and prices of an upscale dining establishment, the faults just are too many - at this price point I expect good service and great food.

The waiter showed disdain when we declined to have a look at the wine menu. Whatever the reason for my not wishing to imbibe, that's my prerogative. Strike 1.

I think we had a special on the menu, a whole baked cheese. Not bad.

I had the 500gr Porterhouse and the missus had the 300gr USD ribeye. Both steaks displayed an inordinate amount of gristle. The ribeye missed that characteristic mouth feel and slightly mineral taste that good dry aged steaks have. Perhaps this steak was dry aged in the US and then cryovac'd before sending to Singapore before waiting who knows how long in the freezer, or vice versa. That's speculation, but the fact is that the steak was lacking in texture, taste, and displayed a complete lack of skill in trimming.

Upon alerting a waiter to the copious gristle (about 2 fingers worth of an adult man's hand on a 500gr steak is no joke), he examined the evidence on the plate, shrugged, offered a half sincere apology and said that he would "inform the kitchen".

Without any wine, 2 appetizers and 2 steaks and a side order or 2, I spent well over 300 SGD, and left feeling that there are much better places to experience steak in Singapore. The bang for your buck factor just isn't here, and you're better served going elsewhere IMHO. The food and the experience just isn't commensurate with the pricing.

The fact that the toilet is outside the restaurant, and shared with a raucous bar, is another negative - bar toilet hygiene and upscale dining just don't mix.

The only positives I have for this restaurant is that the fitout is quite interesting and the dark and intimate interior makes it ideal for dinners for two. Just a shame that the food and service doesn't match. Spend your money elsewhere.

Romance/First Dates

Happygolucky
 • 02 Jul 2012 52 reviews 1 follower
Overall
The Iberico Jamon was sooo small thinly sliced, it was hard to eat. So different from the first time we had it. The toast was also stale.

Service was terrible. Only a few waiters were nice but we were still having dinner when one junior looking waiter approached us and asked us if we were willing to swop seats(to bench seating.) to accommodate a new group of guests who wanted more space. Very, very unprofessional. Immediately lost appetite. He said it right in front of his guests. Trying to pressure us to give up the seats? We rejected outrightly. In the meantime, we received stares from the group and also amused looks from the wait staff. How nice. They were always in a hurry to wanna clear our plates. I can only assume by doing so, we can get lost earlier. The female server who was initially very aloof, was extremely friendly with this new group.

If they had been professional enough, they should have asked discreetly. Furthermore, how can they ask questions like this when we had called and specifically requested for the middles tables because previously we sat at the booth seats and it was too cramp for us.

By the way, there was also another table behind us but they did not approach them. We were watching. I refuse to think that its because they are caucasians.

Used to tell people this place is not bad. But from then on, forget it. The food is also nothing to shout about.

Fail

Must tries: their terrible service

Six & Seven
 • 05 Apr 2012 68 reviews 3 followers
Overall
It had been a while since I last caught up with a dear friend. Wanting a snazzy place in town, yet without the raucous lunch hordes, we decided on Bedrock Bar & Grill. Located at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites, right outside the Marché entrance of 313@Somerset, it was the perfect blend of convenience and exclusivity.

Walking through the bar entrance, it was as though we fell down Alice’s rabbit hole, albeit without the crazy freefall. The interior was wonderfully executed, rustic with some modern decadence, and with Americana music in the background, it felt almost like I was back in the U.S of A. Now, if only they could tint the restaurant windows further to block out the executive lunch zombies, which would complete the illusion.

It’s been too many times since I’ve had boring buns to start off the meal, so my interest definitely piqued with their freshly baked à la minute, naan-looking bread. While I was quite puzzled to if the thin parchment was a more economically setting, the ‘naan’ soon distracted me with its light dusting of flour and fluffy texture.

We decided on the Roasted bone marrow ($24) starter as my dining companion had never had bone marrow before. While I have enjoyed soup tulang before, this was an entirely different experience. Served like bamboo shoots cut down the middle. The marrow itself was jelly-like and had the consistency of fresh oysters in the mouth.

There was a very delicate smoky flavour to it, which herbs and spices unfortunately mute. The toasted bread pairing, however, really helped to accentuate the marrow’s buttery, smoky nature. If Bedrock starts selling this bottled up as a bread spread, I’d be the first in line to get it.

To continue reading, please click here.

Lunch, Dinner, Romance/First Dates, After Work, Private Dining, Quiet