Summary

Smoked Tomato Soup, The steak selection, Bedrock Pepper Steak, Macaroni cheese, tenderloin, Duck, Hokkaido Scallops & Chorizo, Ribeye cap steak, apple crumble, steaks + fries, tomahawk steak, Bedrock steak, Bone Marrow, Bread with Roasted Garlic, Calamansi Pie, Cheeky Beef pie, Complimentary Bread, Crispy skin seabass, Dark Side, Garlic soup, Ice Cream Sandwhich, Jamon Iberico, Mangalica Pork Collar, Porcini ravioli, Red Wine Pear, Striploin, Truffle Mash sides and Maccoroni Cheese entree/sides, U.S.D.A Prime Dry Aged Ribeye, Whisky Sour, asparagus soup, cauliflower, cauliflower au gratin, duck fat potatoes, flatbread, hot whiskey mustard sauce to go with the steak, inhouse bread, roast pork belly, side dishes, waffles, waygu View all
Dinner, Romance/First Dates, Lunch, After Work, Business Dining, Wine Lists, Girls Night Out, Quiet, Boys Night Out, Large Groups/Gathering, Private Dining, Hidden Find, Fine Dining, Chillout, Vibrant/Noisy, Anniversary, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Corporate Events, Children/Family View all

Great Lunch set offer

To view the full post and pictures, go to:

This time I decided to try out the lunch set which they still offer over weekends. Surprise Surprise, I thought usually lunch sets will only be available during weekdays.

The price for a lunch set which includes steak is $58++, I thought this price was really reasonable for the quality of beef and get an appetizer and dessert of my choice. For non-beef eaters, it is $38++ for non-steak dishes – Chicken and fish were available. They just updated their menu slightly last week so I was pleasantly surprised when I got there.

Char Grilled Baby Gem
I ordered this and it turned out delightfully refreshing with balsamic vinegar. The slightly charred roasted baby gems added a punch on top of its crunchy juicy leaves. I liked the overall flavors mixed together with the grilled bacon. Indeed yum.

Irish Dry Aged Ribeye

Presentation was simple with the Ribeye lying atop a bed of sauteed mushrooms. The Ribeye was well seared on both sides, tender and easy to slice. It was succulent and juicy with every morsel. I managed to finish the entire dish myself, which is rare for me when it comes to steak. I highly recommend this.

Sticky Stout and Toffee Pudding

I always love Sticky Toffee Pudding and this one was accompanied by cool Ginger Nut ice cream. I bit into the warm soft sticky pudding, and the cold ice cream dancing around in my mouth as it melted. The ginger taste added a punch which I thought was really interesting. I cleared this plate within seconds! Truly a comforting dessert!

Lobster Bisque

With so many hits, unfortunately the Lobster Bisque was a miss. It had a bitter after-taste after having a few spoonfuls.

Sliced Woodfire -Grilled NY Steak

The Woodfire Grilled NY Steak was also very well seared on both sides, with a pinkish-reddish hue when sliced open (she ordered medium). The NY Steak was tender but still not as tender as the Irish Dry Age Ribeye. My friend opted for the mashed potatoes instead of fries. That decision was the best decision ever as we both enjoyed the creamy mashed potatoes so much.

Chocolate Profiteroles with Affogato Ice cream

My friend also thoroughly enjoyed the Chocolate Profiteroles with coffee ice cream. And even though she was full from her steak, she managed to finish her entire dessert.

Paying $58++ for appetizer, main and dessert I thought this was a really good deal considering the serving portion wasn’t small and the quality of steak was great. I would definitely come back again for their lunch set if I have another chance. The service staff were very attentive and were constantly checking on us and asking us how the food was.

Most helpful reviews for Bedrock Bar & Grill

Bedrock Bar & Grill

Bedrock Bar & Grill is dead serious about serving up some of the most authentic New York style steaks in town.. We started off with roasted marrow on toast ($16)a simple but stunning appetizer with some beef bone marrow served on some warm bread. We also used some of our bread for the delicious smoked tomato soup ($12)--an applewood smoked tomato soup with basil mascarpone. For our mains, the US tenderloin ($48) jumped immediately from the menu and it didn’t disappoint; were ordered it rare and it was everything a steak should be--succulent, tender and flavorful. For our second main we deviated from the meat and plumped for something from the Something Fancy portion of the menu, swiftly gunning for the baked whisky prawns ($46), and boy was it a veritable highlight, with clams and chorizo accompanying the tarragon spiced dish. The apple crumble ($15) served with walnut streusel and vanilla ice cream was not really an inspired choice for desert. Better to go for the Banana Foster ($12) warm banana served with bourbon sauce and cocoa nibs, which is something different. The only grouse was that service was a little slow for a place that wasn’t even half full when we were there. But the food is scrumptious enough for us to overlook this anomaly and give it a couple more tries.

Bedrock

In short, it was a wonderful experience, the complimentary bread is freshly baked (taste excellent) The steaks were juicy and tender, nicely cooked to the correct texture both of us wanted. My partner - Australian Ribeye Myself - US Tenderloin Good portion. The ambience is nice. The service was "too good". Too much attention from everyone checking if "Everything was OK". We had, 1x Soup for starter (shared, as we are small eater) 2x Steaks 1x Fries for side (shared, again) Spend = less than $140 in total.

Tender pork steak

Sliding into one of the comfy leather booths, I asked a waiter for recommendation as it was my first time dining at Bedrock Bar & Grill. I was recommended their specialty steaks - Porterhouse Duroc Pork Steak, a lovely change from my usual beef steaks. Whisky lovers will love their whisky bar that stocks a variety of the liquor.

They will rock you

I finally made it to lunch at Bedrock Bar & Grill… one year late but better late than never. Located at the Pan Pacific Serviced Suites, the newly crowned “best new restaurant for 2010” by Singapore Tatler certainly lives up to its title. As a single malt drinker, I couldn’t help but notice the wall of whisky bottles as I entered the restaurant. I was told the collection comprises premium whiskies sourced from all over the world, and lockers are available if I wished to purchase a bottle to leave at the restaurant for my future visits.

The clever use of wood and concrete, along with hanging pots and pans decorating the open kitchen area, created a cosy and warm ambience that is unpretentious yet sophisticated. Looks aside, what matters is the food. We were on to a great start with the appetisers -- smoked tomato soup ($12) and whisky trout salad ($18). The tomato soup packed a punch, thanks to the applewood-smoked tomatoes that gave it the extra flavours. The house cured ocean trout was tasty without being too salty and came served on a bed of mesclun leaves, pine nuts and orange slices, topped with single malt dressing. The warm flat bread served with fresh olive oil dip and roasted garlic bulbs on the side has definitely set new standards for garlic bread.

Moving on to the mains, it was all about meat! The dry aged strip loin (something you can find only at good steak houses, $68 for 250g) was delicious with the special Bedrock chilli oil. There are three other sauces available with the grilled meat dishes - pinot noir reduction, classic béarnaise and hot whisky mustard. For a non-beef option, we also tried the slow roasted pork belly with bourbon mustard sauce ($25).

For desserts, we went for a double whammy with the apple crumble for two ($20) and the apple tart tartin (only available as part of the set lunch, $35 for three courses). Delectable as it may be, I wished there was more crumble. As for tart tartin, it is hard to go wrong when you combine caramelised apple with a puff pastry.

Bedrock, as the name suggests, is all about the fundamentals. I think this joint is on its way to big success if it continues offering consistently good food with great service.

-- Marie Choo

unpleasant experience at bedrock bar and grill

Decided to give it a try at Bedrock during this xmas eve!

Eventually, through'out the whole course of dinner, customer services and foods still so-so for my case but a disastrous incident happened!

The manager offered to take a picture for us but was not holding it well enough and dropped our 'touch-screen' camera onto the floor which in turn causes the screen of our newly bought camera SPOILED!

All this happened without a proper apology from the manager involved and so.. what's this kind of customer service called?!