Reviews for Bedrock Bar & Grill

AmericanAsianAustralianEuropeanJapaneseSteak and GrillsWestern
Address: #01-05, Pan Pacific Serviced Suites, 96 Somerset Road, 238163

12 Feb 2016

Ribeye! Mac n Cheese!

We've walked by Bedrock a hundred time and finally stopped in for dinner. We have no idea why we waited so long! The ribeye was a perfect medium temperature. Was super juicy. Really nice touch to have a hot stone platter as a plate. The Mac and Cheese coming out on the hot skillet is a must have with the steak. I am already planning a next visit for a steak again. I'd like to note that Chloe was so helpful and nice to take care of us through our meal. For your sweet tooth we had the churos. Was a bit pricey but came out nice and fresh
Ribeye cap steak

More reviews of Bedrock Bar & Grill

Overall

If you feel like a caveman

If you feel like unleashing your inner caveman, come over to Bedrock and order their Tomahawk Steak. It's a 400g wagyu steak served along with the prehistoric-looking bone. It fed 5 people and perhaps your dogs if you decided to bring back the bone home. The steak itself is scrumptious and tasty. We had many many sides that accompanied our dinner that day including the mushrooms, spinach, mac&cheese and mashed potatoes. Every single one of them were to die for. Not to mention their shaved jamon for appetizer.

On a separate occasion I came back and decided to have a burger. Really tasty burger cooked to perfection (pink in the inside and juicy). Was not disappointed. Prior to that I ordered their roasted bone marrow which blew my mind. It was just seasoned right with sprinkles of rock salt that was just partially melting on top of the sinful, gelatinous marrow. I was pretty sure I had orgasms in my mouth.

Good Food, Good Service, A bit pricey

The food was excellent! Must try the mac and cheese!

Staff were friendly and helpful. I especially loved the roasted spiced garlic that accompanies the flat bread.

This is not the place to go if you're on a budget though. Quite pricey

high aspirations...Black Angus reality

Due to the outstanding reviews on HGW, we selected Bedrock over the tried and true high-end steakhouses. Two steaks each, two sides, and wine come to S$360. Would have been average/ok except to two major problems: service and food.

Service: The worst part of the evening. Given menu then waitress later come back and asked us what we wanted. Seriously? no explanation of specials, no recommendations? We had to ask if there was anything that was recommended, and then given a very rushed statement for lady only, with no reason why it was recommended. I first thought that we had a trainee waitress and she didn't know any better, but halfway through the night, the table next to us sat down and were given a warm welcome and full discussion of the menu. I didn't need a show-and-tell like Morton's but Sizzler-like service is inexcusable at this price. No attention throughout the rest of the evening, until they presented us with the bill (while we were still trying to enjoy the last of our wine). We didn't ask for the bill, and were clearly being pushed to leave. No thank you, no nothing when the bill came back. On our way out we noticed it wasn't full and there wasn't anyone waiting in the drinks area. I was incredibly surprised of this rude abruptness and overall negligence of the evening

Food: More surprised by the poor steak. We had a US rib-eye and Aussie rib-eye. They didn't look like the same cut. The Aussie looked like a big block of meet, whilst the US looked like a traditional rib-eye cut. The Aussie brick was difficult to cut, chewy. It was an unpleasant eating experience. The US piece was tender and good to eat. The macaroni and cheese was also good. After struggling to cut the brick, I queried with one of the staff that was running by why the Aussie rib-eye didn't look like a rib-eye cut. Apparently they have their own special cut? A clear explanation wasn't given, but if we had had waitress who was at least partially thoughtful, that could have been explained in the beginning.

We also ordered wine, but there was no information given to us about the wines. They didn't bother asking us if we wanted coffee at the end of the evening. Just gave us the check.

My advice: If you must...only go for lunch and only order the Mac Cheese, but expect third rate service that doesn't match what they aspire to be. Better Advice: If you are on a budget, go to a budget steakhouse listed in HGW website, you will pay a fraction of the price, and won't feel cheated after the meal. If you have a high budget and want grill luxury, go to Morton's. I haven't tried CUTS, but heard they know how to please. Sorry, I want to support locals...but these guys don't cut it.

birthday celebration

Hubby brought me to Bedrock to celebrate my birthday. Overall was good but had a bad experience when hubby's steak had a small portion that was burnt. Both of us ordered medium rare but doesn't look medium rare. Ordered 2 glasses of red wine but the lady forgot about it. After hubby gave them feedback about the steak, 1 of the guy did offer to cook another but hubby declined.

They actually gave us 2 glass of dessert wine & also a small cake for my birthday which was on the house & also 10% discount. I would prefer Outback steaks than Bedrock but I wouldn't deny that their side dishes like mac & cheese, smokey tomato soup was great & also they are pretty attentive too.

for date

It was my second time visiting Bedrock. I am a big fan of the next door Oriole cafe which is also owned by Bedrock. I should say i really love these 2 places, but Bedrock is more suitable for a date or special occasion. For having nice steak as a reasonable price, I believe Les Bouchons at Club street is the one.

Service:

Very efficient service with well trained staffs. There is a sommelier who can give you good recommendation for wine. House wine is even good but quite pricey.

Ambiance:

one of my favorite in town! Dim light with wooden but luxurious interior design, create some romance which allows you to have a nice date, but do request for the sofa seat.Personally i don't like the tables locating in the middle of the restaurants where waiters and waitress walking pass by.

Food:

Love the homemade pita bread, and must try the side dishes! Especially the macaroni cheese, one of the best I had. For the steak, to be honest, really good, but I would choose Les Bouchorn which is much more value for money. For seafood, I had the daily special which is sea beam with homemade spices. Amazingly delicious with really special spices on top.Bedrock is not only good for steak, they do a good job in seafood as well. I had oyster for starter which is highly recommended by waiter, Oyster itself is fresh, but not chilled enough, quite disappointed.

If you never try Bedrock, highly recommend you to set a higher budget,go and enjoy its pleasant service and good quality food. Overall, i would mark 8 out of 10 if they can set the price for steak slightly lower.