Back to Bedrock Bar & Grill#01-05, Pan Pacific Serviced Suites, 96...

Macaroni cheese3 votes
tenderloin3 votes
Wine Lists17 votes
Anniversary5 votes
Alfresco/Outdoor Dining4 votes
Corporate Events4 votes

30licious lunch menu at S$30++ when you pay with your American Express Card! . Other deals are available, find out more

Six & Seven
 • 05 Apr 2012 68 reviews 4 followers
Overall
It had been a while since I last caught up with a dear friend. Wanting a snazzy place in town, yet without the raucous lunch hordes, we decided on Bedrock Bar & Grill. Located at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites, right outside the Marché entrance of 313@Somerset, it was the perfect blend of convenience and exclusivity.

Walking through the bar entrance, it was as though we fell down Alice’s rabbit hole, albeit without the crazy freefall. The interior was wonderfully executed, rustic with some modern decadence, and with Americana music in the background, it felt almost like I was back in the U.S of A. Now, if only they could tint the restaurant windows further to block out the executive lunch zombies, which would complete the illusion.

It’s been too many times since I’ve had boring buns to start off the meal, so my interest definitely piqued with their freshly baked à la minute, naan-looking bread. While I was quite puzzled to if the thin parchment was a more economically setting, the ‘naan’ soon distracted me with its light dusting of flour and fluffy texture.

We decided on the Roasted bone marrow ($24) starter as my dining companion had never had bone marrow before. While I have enjoyed soup tulang before, this was an entirely different experience. Served like bamboo shoots cut down the middle. The marrow itself was jelly-like and had the consistency of fresh oysters in the mouth.

There was a very delicate smoky flavour to it, which herbs and spices unfortunately mute. The toasted bread pairing, however, really helped to accentuate the marrow’s buttery, smoky nature. If Bedrock starts selling this bottled up as a bread spread, I’d be the first in line to get it.

To continue reading, please click here.

Lunch, Dinner, Romance/First Dates, After Work, Private Dining, Quiet

fooooooooood
 • 16 Mar 2012 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Headed over to Bedrock Bar and Grill at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites (right next to Marches if you exit 313) to try out their executive lunch as a post valentines day treat. Had pretty high hopes for the place because we saw a friend post pictures of his Tomahawk steak on Facebook and it looked absolutely divine.

We arrived slightly past 1 and there were maybe 4-5 other tables being occupied so they weren't that crowded and service was attentive. The décor was slick and the wooden furniture added to a laid back but sophisticated dining atmosphere.

We decided to get two 2-course meals, one with soup and the other with dessert to share because we weren't feeling that hungry. Topped up from their regular soup of the day to try their French Onion Soup and we weren't disappointed at all! One of the best onion soups I've had in Singapore, almost comparable to the one at Morton's. The gruyere cheese had a certain pungency to it, definitely not your run of the mill mozzarella cheese topping.

Next we decided to try the Grilled Ribeye Steak with Diane Sauce and the Grilled Striploin Steak with anchovy butter. To be honest, the steaks were nothing impressive. Tasted like something I could get at Aston's express at half the price. Maybe I'll be back one day to try the Tomahawk. The Mac and Cheese we ordered as our side was delicious though. It has a nice crust and the ooey gooeyness of the inside still gives me hope for this place.

For dessert we upgraded from dessert of the day to "A Wedge Of Chocolate" which is actually a 85% valrhona flourless chocolate cake. A wedge of chocolate is the perfect name for this cake because that's exactly what you feel like you're eating! The texture of this cake was like a dense chocolate cream, kind of like the texture of a cheesecake but every bite was pure, decadent, rich chocolate. I'd definitely recommend sharing this because it might be a bit too much for one person, as much as I love chocolate.

Overall, I would recommend this place to friends and I will still go back to try whatever else they have to offer. The bedrock crumble for 2 certainly sounds tempting enough ;)

Jones Daisy
 • 01 Dec 2011 3 reviews 2 followers
Overall
Being a red-meat person, finding good and not exorbitantly priced steak's in SG is not an easy task. Morton's can be overly-priced due to its worldwide reputation. French steakhouses like L'Entrecote are trendy yet gimmicky altogether and probably worthwhile only "once in a lifetime", if you really want to consider quality meat.

Bedrock, however, provided some saving grace for steakhouses in Singapore. Located at Pan Pac Suites (Somerset 313), they provide premium cuts and do to perfection your required doneness for the meat.

My partner and I started off with the roasted tomato soup as well as the classic french onion soup which got our gastric juices working. Servers may have their memory lapses(and you can understand why when all of us encounter that from time to time) but they do react well subsequently.

And the main lead for our dinner arrived in the form of a 500gm porterhouse steak done to our preferred medium doneness, served on a pre-warmed stone slab. We had it with a piece of sinful foie gras on top as well as the decadent truffle potato mash!

To conclude, we will definitely be back! :D

Lunch, Dinner
  • Steak w foie gras
  • Love their fresh bread dough w roasted garlic!
  • Steak w foie gras
  • Love their fresh bread dough w roasted garlic!