Summary

Smoked Tomato Soup, The steak selection, Bedrock Pepper Steak, Macaroni cheese, tenderloin, Duck, Hokkaido Scallops & Chorizo, Ribeye cap steak, apple crumble, steaks + fries, tomahawk steak, Bedrock steak, Bone Marrow, Bread with Roasted Garlic, Calamansi Pie, Cheeky Beef pie, Complimentary Bread, Crispy skin seabass, Dark Side, Garlic soup, Ice Cream Sandwhich, Jamon Iberico, Mangalica Pork Collar, Porcini ravioli, Red Wine Pear, Striploin, Truffle Mash sides and Maccoroni Cheese entree/sides, U.S.D.A Prime Dry Aged Ribeye, Whisky Sour, asparagus soup, cauliflower, cauliflower au gratin, duck fat potatoes, flatbread, hot whiskey mustard sauce to go with the steak, inhouse bread, roast pork belly, side dishes, waffles, waygu View all
Dinner, Romance/First Dates, Lunch, After Work, Business Dining, Wine Lists, Girls Night Out, Quiet, Boys Night Out, Large Groups/Gathering, Private Dining, Hidden Find, Fine Dining, Chillout, Vibrant/Noisy, Anniversary, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Corporate Events, Children/Family View all

Great Lunch set offer

To view the full post and pictures, go to:

This time I decided to try out the lunch set which they still offer over weekends. Surprise Surprise, I thought usually lunch sets will only be available during weekdays.

The price for a lunch set which includes steak is $58++, I thought this price was really reasonable for the quality of beef and get an appetizer and dessert of my choice. For non-beef eaters, it is $38++ for non-steak dishes – Chicken and fish were available. They just updated their menu slightly last week so I was pleasantly surprised when I got there.

Char Grilled Baby Gem
I ordered this and it turned out delightfully refreshing with balsamic vinegar. The slightly charred roasted baby gems added a punch on top of its crunchy juicy leaves. I liked the overall flavors mixed together with the grilled bacon. Indeed yum.

Irish Dry Aged Ribeye

Presentation was simple with the Ribeye lying atop a bed of sauteed mushrooms. The Ribeye was well seared on both sides, tender and easy to slice. It was succulent and juicy with every morsel. I managed to finish the entire dish myself, which is rare for me when it comes to steak. I highly recommend this.

Sticky Stout and Toffee Pudding

I always love Sticky Toffee Pudding and this one was accompanied by cool Ginger Nut ice cream. I bit into the warm soft sticky pudding, and the cold ice cream dancing around in my mouth as it melted. The ginger taste added a punch which I thought was really interesting. I cleared this plate within seconds! Truly a comforting dessert!

Lobster Bisque

With so many hits, unfortunately the Lobster Bisque was a miss. It had a bitter after-taste after having a few spoonfuls.

Sliced Woodfire -Grilled NY Steak

The Woodfire Grilled NY Steak was also very well seared on both sides, with a pinkish-reddish hue when sliced open (she ordered medium). The NY Steak was tender but still not as tender as the Irish Dry Age Ribeye. My friend opted for the mashed potatoes instead of fries. That decision was the best decision ever as we both enjoyed the creamy mashed potatoes so much.

Chocolate Profiteroles with Affogato Ice cream

My friend also thoroughly enjoyed the Chocolate Profiteroles with coffee ice cream. And even though she was full from her steak, she managed to finish her entire dessert.

Paying $58++ for appetizer, main and dessert I thought this was a really good deal considering the serving portion wasn’t small and the quality of steak was great. I would definitely come back again for their lunch set if I have another chance. The service staff were very attentive and were constantly checking on us and asking us how the food was.

Most helpful reviews for Bedrock Bar & Grill

Decent set lunch

Went to bedrock to try the set lunch. Starting with broccoli soup, which was pleasant and only a subtle broccoli flavour fortunately. Moving to the main I chose prawn with spaghetti (amended from prawn risotto due to my dairy allergy). The spaghetti was al dente and good flavours in this dish. Thumbs up. My partner had the gnocchi which was ok, but the cream sauce was a bit too heavy. Finally there was no dessert option for me without dairy (a slight disappointment as most places will offer fruit but here was only given a coffee option). Overall it seems quite good, and I can see why the positive reviews. Service is relatively slick and the food of a decent quality. The set lunch gives an initial tast of bedrock, but I'd like to come back for dinner and try the steak!

unpleasant experience at bedrock bar and grill

Decided to give it a try at Bedrock during this xmas eve!

Eventually, through'out the whole course of dinner, customer services and foods still so-so for my case but a disastrous incident happened!

The manager offered to take a picture for us but was not holding it well enough and dropped our 'touch-screen' camera onto the floor which in turn causes the screen of our newly bought camera SPOILED!

All this happened without a proper apology from the manager involved and so.. what's this kind of customer service called?!

OMG!

I have heard many a rave reviews about this place and been bugging J to go along with me. We finally paid Bedrock a visit last Saturday.I have not been to morton's so I have nothing to compare to. Price wise was reasonable (to me). We had US striploin, ribeye, duck fat potatoes, wagyu bone marrow and the Bedrock crumble for 2. We asked for our steaks to be done medium rare. My striploin turned out perfect, with pretty grilled marks on the surface and the inside still juicy and rare. Wow. That was all I said after taking the first bite. The ribeye was overcooked, the insides pink and towards well done. We considered to request for a change, but did not as we were in a slight rush. Duck fat potatoes were sinfully good. Fluffy potato cubes fried in duck fat. Yums. The bone marrow was a little disappointing. The portion was tiny. In addition, I thought that the spring onions were an overkill as they totally masked the taste of the bone marrow. I won't order it the next time round. Bedrock crumble for 2 was not bad, the walnut streusel added a crunch to the dessert but I preferred their waffles (which I had the night before). The place was very noisy and informal, which I kind of prefer as compared to a quiet and formal place where you can hear a pin drop. There is no problems having a conversation there and laughing your head off. Will definitely visit the place again.... soon!

Better value than Morton

I would not say that Morton was not good, Morton will still top on my list ofor good steak. However, if I have a budget constraint and is craving for good steak, I will go to Bedrock.

A 200g beef tenderloin at $69. You have to pay to add sides, or sauce or toppings.

Beef was juicy and tender, and 200g was just nice for me. 400g will be an overkill and will result in diminishing marginal return.

Dessert was normal. Nothing to shout about.

Wine was great and compliment the steak.

Service wise, waitress was nervous, but friendly. Manager was a bit stiff though.

For photographers, they allow cameras, but I was scolded by the table next to me for the strong flash! Oops

Absolute Winner

Morton's doesnt open for lunch so we tried Bedrock for the first time about a month ago. Colleagues have given good reviews about this place and its meant to be as good as Morton's but more reasonably priced.

We ordered 2 garlic soups, the Tomahawk steak that was shared between 4 and a variety of sides. Garlic soup was flavourful and rich..I had to consciously stop myself from having too much of it as it went really well with the complimentary fresh baked bread with roasted garlic. I agree that the garlic was kind of blend, it needed a bit more bite but it was still a nice alternative to butter or olive oil/balsamic.

Our tomahawk steak weighed 1.6kg out of which 400g was bone. It was still plenty to eat and I am glad I had the other 3 gentlemen who were good eaters. It would have gone down nicely with a bottle of cab sav but given that we had to return to work, we stayed on water. Sides of spinach, creamed truffle mash and mushrooms went really well with the meal. We walked out feeling totally satiated and will fully recommend this place to steak lovers.