Reviews for Bedrock Bar & Grill

AmericanAsianAustralianEuropeanJapaneseSteak and GrillsWestern
Address: #01-05, Pan Pacific Serviced Suites, 96 Somerset Road, 238163

28 Dec 2015

Decent Value Steak Set Lunches

We were craving steak but didn't fancy splurging at Morton's so dropped by Bedrock Bar & Grill for their steak set lunch since we happened to be in town during the weekend.

The interior isn't anything too fancy and sports wooden furniture, halogen lamps and a partially open concept kitchen with an island top and lots of overhanging pots and pans where you can view your bread being kneaded and baked. Window blinds provide cover from the adjacent pedestrian walkway. Overall a pretty cosy place if you happen to secure one of the booth seats.

Complimentary Flat Bread - Served with a clove of roasted garlic and butter, the piping hot flat bread came fresh out of the oven; warm, chewy and reminiscent of naan.

Classic Lobster Bisque - Relatively rich but salty even with the rather amount of chive cream, the lobster bisque boasted no lobster meat and the dubious honour of pairing best with a glass of water.

Confit Corned Chicken - This tasted like the chicken version of duck confit (duh!), just a touch more moist and a little less salty and flavourful. Accompanied by a sunny side up and crunchy, mildly salty sausages. Overall a very palatable dish but nothing to go wow over.

Woodfire Grilled Sirloin - At $58++ for the steak set lunch, this was pretty good. Relatively flavourful with a touch of salt and done medium as per my request. Meat was tender but not as juicy as I would have liked it to be. Topped with a creamy Bearnaise sauce and a side of slick and buttery mashed potato. Bread Street Kitchen, Morton's and Ruth Chris still does a meaner piece of steak but for the price, I really can't compare or complain.

Sticky Stout & Toffee Pudding - This dessert was pretty interesting - A scoop of gingernut ice cream (not a fan of ginger but this was pretty mild) plopped atop a rather sweet toffee pudding with a significant stout aftertaste. To counter the sweetness, tart red berries were placed alongside. Decent finish to our meal.

HGW happened to be running a promotion during that period so we got $10 off each set lunch ($28++ for non steak and $48++ for the steak variant). Food quality came across as decent (steak was a notch above that) and so did service. I'm honestly not inclined to return, given that Bistro Du Vin does a reasonably good steak for lunch as well and offers a more compelling value proposition in my humble opinion.

More reviews of Bedrock Bar & Grill

Absolute Winner

Morton's doesnt open for lunch so we tried Bedrock for the first time about a month ago. Colleagues have given good reviews about this place and its meant to be as good as Morton's but more reasonably priced.

We ordered 2 garlic soups, the Tomahawk steak that was shared between 4 and a variety of sides. Garlic soup was flavourful and rich..I had to consciously stop myself from having too much of it as it went really well with the complimentary fresh baked bread with roasted garlic. I agree that the garlic was kind of blend, it needed a bit more bite but it was still a nice alternative to butter or olive oil/balsamic.

Our tomahawk steak weighed 1.6kg out of which 400g was bone. It was still plenty to eat and I am glad I had the other 3 gentlemen who were good eaters. It would have gone down nicely with a bottle of cab sav but given that we had to return to work, we stayed on water. Sides of spinach, creamed truffle mash and mushrooms went really well with the meal. We walked out feeling totally satiated and will fully recommend this place to steak lovers.

Great experience

The service at this restaurant is impeccable. We were given a great table (one with a sofa) and water was served upon our arrival. We were also given the menu right away and bread was served promptly, and a refill was also offered.

The food is wonderful. The pita bread with roasted garlic spread was scrumptious and the bone marrow appetiser was really yummy. The desserts are also to die for.

I would definitely recommend it.

dining in flintstones' town

flintstones meet the flintstones ........ from the town of BEDROCK!i had my dinner here with friends last week, we ordered a french onion soup to share, that was pretty good.and mains we each got their signature pepper steak which came medium well (as we want it to be), the sauce that came with in was oh sooo gooddd. we had the sides of mac n cheese and satueed mushrooms. everything was delish!! my friends and i wiped out everything in a matter of 30mins, maybe we were hungry or maybe the food was just really good!we did not order any of their desserts even though their crumble was tempting. great ambiance, extremely romantic for couples on a date night!

Friendly service, good steak

I was a little apprehensive about dining at Bedrock, because the reviews I'd read made the restaurant seem like more style than substance. But I was pleasantly surprised. The food at Bedrock, especially the steaks, were well done. I can recommend pretty much every thing I tried, from the bone marrow (sinfully rich), the US rib eye (I think) with truffle butter (very sinful but probably missable if you opt for the bearnaise sauce). The service was also friendly and personable, with the staff seeming genuinely interested in having conversations with you. The ambience of the restaurant is very dark wood panelling, but not in an intimidating way. The banquettes are especially cosy. Price wise, you'll probably end up paying less here than you would at a place like Morton's, but still have an excellent hunk of meat.

Overall

Good food, but dont park here

I was so lucky to be invited over for dinner by a sweet friend JY.  As I am a lazy person with short legs, I must and have to park in the same building.

I find the place a little too dim for a restaurant... or maybe my age is catching up...oh well.

For starters, i had the Smoked Tomato Soup - $12

This is seriously yummy, especially if you like tomato... slurp~~

JY had a shot of Glendronach 12yrs with soda

For the mains,

I did the Prime Black Angus Tenderloin (medium) with Bearnaise sauce - $49

Yummy, juicy and very tasty. Although just 200g, the portion is a bit too much for me.  Maybe i should had just ordered this and gave my soup a miss.

JY, had a Crispy Skin Barramundi  - $30

The fish comes with olives, caper berries and tomatoes..  Good for a fish lover.  The skin is really crispy and the meat tender.

You should have guess by now that we have no room for desserts ...but we manage to wash down our food with more of the Glendronach 12yrs.  This is really a nice single malt whisky...i dont really know where else this is available thou

To sum up...there is really one last time i need to say, the staff here are all superstars... fantastic service and does not rush you through your meal even though we are one of their last customers to leave.... thumbs up to them!!!

Oh yes...in response to my title, after hours parking that is the per entry is $10....