Summary

Smoked Tomato Soup, The steak selection, Bedrock Pepper Steak, Macaroni cheese, tenderloin, Duck, Hokkaido Scallops & Chorizo, Ribeye cap steak, apple crumble, steaks + fries, tomahawk steak, Bedrock steak, Bone Marrow, Bread with Roasted Garlic, Calamansi Pie, Cheeky Beef pie, Complimentary Bread, Crispy skin seabass, Dark Side, Garlic soup, Ice Cream Sandwhich, Jamon Iberico, Mangalica Pork Collar, Porcini ravioli, Red Wine Pear, Striploin, Truffle Mash sides and Maccoroni Cheese entree/sides, U.S.D.A Prime Dry Aged Ribeye, Whisky Sour, asparagus soup, cauliflower, cauliflower au gratin, duck fat potatoes, flatbread, hot whiskey mustard sauce to go with the steak, inhouse bread, roast pork belly, side dishes, waffles, waygu View all
Dinner, Romance/First Dates, Lunch, After Work, Business Dining, Wine Lists, Girls Night Out, Quiet, Boys Night Out, Large Groups/Gathering, Private Dining, Hidden Find, Fine Dining, Chillout, Vibrant/Noisy, Anniversary, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Corporate Events, Children/Family View all

Great Lunch set offer

To view the full post and pictures, go to:

This time I decided to try out the lunch set which they still offer over weekends. Surprise Surprise, I thought usually lunch sets will only be available during weekdays.

The price for a lunch set which includes steak is $58++, I thought this price was really reasonable for the quality of beef and get an appetizer and dessert of my choice. For non-beef eaters, it is $38++ for non-steak dishes – Chicken and fish were available. They just updated their menu slightly last week so I was pleasantly surprised when I got there.

Char Grilled Baby Gem
I ordered this and it turned out delightfully refreshing with balsamic vinegar. The slightly charred roasted baby gems added a punch on top of its crunchy juicy leaves. I liked the overall flavors mixed together with the grilled bacon. Indeed yum.

Irish Dry Aged Ribeye

Presentation was simple with the Ribeye lying atop a bed of sauteed mushrooms. The Ribeye was well seared on both sides, tender and easy to slice. It was succulent and juicy with every morsel. I managed to finish the entire dish myself, which is rare for me when it comes to steak. I highly recommend this.

Sticky Stout and Toffee Pudding

I always love Sticky Toffee Pudding and this one was accompanied by cool Ginger Nut ice cream. I bit into the warm soft sticky pudding, and the cold ice cream dancing around in my mouth as it melted. The ginger taste added a punch which I thought was really interesting. I cleared this plate within seconds! Truly a comforting dessert!

Lobster Bisque

With so many hits, unfortunately the Lobster Bisque was a miss. It had a bitter after-taste after having a few spoonfuls.

Sliced Woodfire -Grilled NY Steak

The Woodfire Grilled NY Steak was also very well seared on both sides, with a pinkish-reddish hue when sliced open (she ordered medium). The NY Steak was tender but still not as tender as the Irish Dry Age Ribeye. My friend opted for the mashed potatoes instead of fries. That decision was the best decision ever as we both enjoyed the creamy mashed potatoes so much.

Chocolate Profiteroles with Affogato Ice cream

My friend also thoroughly enjoyed the Chocolate Profiteroles with coffee ice cream. And even though she was full from her steak, she managed to finish her entire dessert.

Paying $58++ for appetizer, main and dessert I thought this was a really good deal considering the serving portion wasn’t small and the quality of steak was great. I would definitely come back again for their lunch set if I have another chance. The service staff were very attentive and were constantly checking on us and asking us how the food was.

Most helpful reviews for Bedrock Bar & Grill

Absolute Winner

Morton's doesnt open for lunch so we tried Bedrock for the first time about a month ago. Colleagues have given good reviews about this place and its meant to be as good as Morton's but more reasonably priced.

We ordered 2 garlic soups, the Tomahawk steak that was shared between 4 and a variety of sides. Garlic soup was flavourful and rich..I had to consciously stop myself from having too much of it as it went really well with the complimentary fresh baked bread with roasted garlic. I agree that the garlic was kind of blend, it needed a bit more bite but it was still a nice alternative to butter or olive oil/balsamic.

Our tomahawk steak weighed 1.6kg out of which 400g was bone. It was still plenty to eat and I am glad I had the other 3 gentlemen who were good eaters. It would have gone down nicely with a bottle of cab sav but given that we had to return to work, we stayed on water. Sides of spinach, creamed truffle mash and mushrooms went really well with the meal. We walked out feeling totally satiated and will fully recommend this place to steak lovers.

Great experience

The service at this restaurant is impeccable. We were given a great table (one with a sofa) and water was served upon our arrival. We were also given the menu right away and bread was served promptly, and a refill was also offered.

The food is wonderful. The pita bread with roasted garlic spread was scrumptious and the bone marrow appetiser was really yummy. The desserts are also to die for.

I would definitely recommend it.

dining in flintstones' town

flintstones meet the flintstones ........ from the town of BEDROCK!i had my dinner here with friends last week, we ordered a french onion soup to share, that was pretty good.and mains we each got their signature pepper steak which came medium well (as we want it to be), the sauce that came with in was oh sooo gooddd. we had the sides of mac n cheese and satueed mushrooms. everything was delish!! my friends and i wiped out everything in a matter of 30mins, maybe we were hungry or maybe the food was just really good!we did not order any of their desserts even though their crumble was tempting. great ambiance, extremely romantic for couples on a date night!

Excellent service

We had a wonderful meal here one Sat evening. The food and wine were great but we were most impressed with the service. The staff were attentive, knowledgeable and efficient.

We would recommend this restaurant to anyone and we would certainly come back again

Sorry, but good service is hard to find on the island so when you do find it, we should all enjoy it!

They will rock you

I finally made it to lunch at Bedrock Bar & Grill… one year late but better late than never. Located at the Pan Pacific Serviced Suites, the newly crowned “best new restaurant for 2010” by Singapore Tatler certainly lives up to its title. As a single malt drinker, I couldn’t help but notice the wall of whisky bottles as I entered the restaurant. I was told the collection comprises premium whiskies sourced from all over the world, and lockers are available if I wished to purchase a bottle to leave at the restaurant for my future visits.

The clever use of wood and concrete, along with hanging pots and pans decorating the open kitchen area, created a cosy and warm ambience that is unpretentious yet sophisticated. Looks aside, what matters is the food. We were on to a great start with the appetisers -- smoked tomato soup ($12) and whisky trout salad ($18). The tomato soup packed a punch, thanks to the applewood-smoked tomatoes that gave it the extra flavours. The house cured ocean trout was tasty without being too salty and came served on a bed of mesclun leaves, pine nuts and orange slices, topped with single malt dressing. The warm flat bread served with fresh olive oil dip and roasted garlic bulbs on the side has definitely set new standards for garlic bread.

Moving on to the mains, it was all about meat! The dry aged strip loin (something you can find only at good steak houses, $68 for 250g) was delicious with the special Bedrock chilli oil. There are three other sauces available with the grilled meat dishes - pinot noir reduction, classic béarnaise and hot whisky mustard. For a non-beef option, we also tried the slow roasted pork belly with bourbon mustard sauce ($25).

For desserts, we went for a double whammy with the apple crumble for two ($20) and the apple tart tartin (only available as part of the set lunch, $35 for three courses). Delectable as it may be, I wished there was more crumble. As for tart tartin, it is hard to go wrong when you combine caramelised apple with a puff pastry.

Bedrock, as the name suggests, is all about the fundamentals. I think this joint is on its way to big success if it continues offering consistently good food with great service.

-- Marie Choo