Back to Bedrock Bar & Grill#01-05, Pan Pacific Serviced Suites, 96...

Smoked Tomato Soup5 votes
Macaroni cheese3 votes
all the various cuts of meat.3 votes
tenderloin3 votes

Wine Lists17 votes
Anniversary5 votes
Alfresco/Outdoor Dining4 votes
Corporate Events4 votes

EXPERIENCE WESTERN AUSTRALIA 5-COURSE SET DINNER . Other deals are available, find out more

little Rice
 • 23 Jun 2011 32 reviews 4 followers
Overall
It was my second time visiting Bedrock. I am a big fan of the next door Oriole cafe which is also owned by Bedrock. I should say i really love these 2 places, but Bedrock is more suitable for a date or special occasion. For having nice steak as a reasonable price, I believe Les Bouchons at Club street is the one.

Service:

Very efficient service with well trained staffs. There is a sommelier who can give you good recommendation for wine. House wine is even good but quite pricey.

Ambiance:

one of my favorite in town! Dim light with wooden but luxurious interior design, create some romance which allows you to have a nice date, but do request for the sofa seat.Personally i don't like the tables locating in the middle of the restaurants where waiters and waitress walking pass by.

Food:

Love the homemade pita bread, and must try the side dishes! Especially the macaroni cheese, one of the best I had. For the steak, to be honest, really good, but I would choose Les Bouchorn which is much more value for money. For seafood, I had the daily special which is sea beam with homemade spices. Amazingly delicious with really special spices on top.Bedrock is not only good for steak, they do a good job in seafood as well. I had oyster for starter which is highly recommended by waiter, Oyster itself is fresh, but not chilled enough, quite disappointed.

If you never try Bedrock, highly recommend you to set a higher budget,go and enjoy its pleasant service and good quality food. Overall, i would mark 8 out of 10 if they can set the price for steak slightly lower.

Must tries: side dishes

Dinner, Romance/First Dates, Vibrant/Noisy, Wine Lists
  • sea beam, special for the day
  • sea beam, special for the day

Drpiggy
 • 31 Mar 2011 230 reviews 23 followers
Overall
Bedrock’s interior has a rather rustic style, lots of wood everywhere. It’s no fine dining restaurant and doesn’t pretend to be, making do with a casual and cosy setting with professional and attentive staff. The only issue that concerned me was the smell of grease from cooking, which was evident once I stepped into the outlet. Thankfully the ventilator did its job after a while…or I simply got desensitized to the smell.

I was here for the Restaurant Week's Set Lunch price at $25 instead of their usual set lunch priced $35.

We were served a pita looking bread, together with butter and cooked cloves of garlic, my first time seeing it served with complimentary bread. I’m quite a garlic fan and thought that it really went well with the plain pita.

We were then served a Smoked Tomato Soup. Nothing memorable about it but it did well in simulating our taste buds with its tanginess.

Mesquite Grilled Half Chicken with Roasted Celeraic, White Truffle Butter and Taragon Jus. The skin was real crispy and enjoyable but I found the meat to be a little dry. The tau kwa looking cubes are the Roasted Celeraic, a root vegetable of the celery family, which tasted much like radish.

I also had a gorgeous Grilled 150-days Grain Fed Ribeye Fillet Steak. Let’s just say that it’s a whole different league from what you’d ever get from Astons. The meat was well marinated enough to eat on its own without the overly spicy black pepper sauce. The hand cut Fries were really good as well.

For dessert, we were served a Wedge of Chocolate Valrhona Flourless Cake with Hazelnut Nougatine and Creme Fraiche. Best chocolate flourless cake ever! I really loved the inclusion of a thin layer of Creme Fraiche aka sour cream sandwiched within the cake which gave a really flavourful aftertaste, ensuring that the chocolate didn’t overwhelm the palate. The icing sugar decoration was also a nice touch, simple yet awfully effective.

For that affordable steak meal, I’d seriously recommend Bedrock Grill & Bar.

Bon Appetit!

For the full review/pics, do visit http://yumyumformytumtum.wordpress.com/2011/03/31/bedrock-grill-bar-restaurant-weeks-best-deal/

Jay Halim
 • 07 Mar 2011 1 review 3 followers
Overall
I went to have lunch at Bedrock this past weekend. I have been here once before but never remembered it being so horrible. I ordered medium porterhouse (550 gr) steak with great expectations. After about 20 mins, the steak came and hence begun my disappointment. It was thinly cut (no more than half an inch) and looks mutilated. I cut into the steak and it was overcooked, full of muscles which made it extremely tough. Biting into the SGD 89 steak was like chewing on raw leather, tough and tasteless. In the end, I could only finished half of the steak before my wrist were sore from all the cutting. This was the first time in my life I didn't finish my steak. I left telling the waiter that they should either replace the meat supplier, or the chef. Horrible steak. For that price, I could get a better professionally cooked porterhouse at Morton's. What a rip off!