Back to Bedrock Bar & Grill#01-05, Pan Pacific Serviced Suites, 96...

Smoked Tomato Soup5 votes
Corporate Events3 votes

coffeechee
 • 27 Nov 2010 55 reviews 3 followers
Overall
I would not say that Morton was not good, Morton will still top on my list ofor good steak. However, if I have a budget constraint and is craving for good steak, I will go to Bedrock.

A 200g beef tenderloin at $69. You have to pay to add sides, or sauce or toppings.

Beef was juicy and tender, and 200g was just nice for me. 400g will be an overkill and will result in diminishing marginal return.

Dessert was normal. Nothing to shout about.

Wine was great and compliment the steak.

Service wise, waitress was nervous, but friendly. Manager was a bit stiff though.

For photographers, they allow cameras, but I was scolded by the table next to me for the strong flash! Oops

Dinner, Quiet

rubblyintumbly
 • 04 Nov 2010 5 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Morton's doesnt open for lunch so we tried Bedrock for the first time about a month ago. Colleagues have given good reviews about this place and its meant to be as good as Morton's but more reasonably priced.

We ordered 2 garlic soups, the Tomahawk steak that was shared between 4 and a variety of sides. Garlic soup was flavourful and rich..I had to consciously stop myself from having too much of it as it went really well with the complimentary fresh baked bread with roasted garlic. I agree that the garlic was kind of blend, it needed a bit more bite but it was still a nice alternative to butter or olive oil/balsamic.

Our tomahawk steak weighed 1.6kg out of which 400g was bone. It was still plenty to eat and I am glad I had the other 3 gentlemen who were good eaters. It would have gone down nicely with a bottle of cab sav but given that we had to return to work, we stayed on water. Sides of spinach, creamed truffle mash and mushrooms went really well with the meal. We walked out feeling totally satiated and will fully recommend this place to steak lovers.

Must tries: Garlic soup, tomahawk steak

Lunch, Dinner, Children/Family, Romance/First Dates, Boys Night Out, Girls Night Out, After Work, Quiet

Jessica Lim 213
 • 03 Oct 2010 11 reviews 0 follower
Overall
The service at this restaurant is impeccable. We were given a great table (one with a sofa) and water was served upon our arrival. We were also given the menu right away and bread was served promptly, and a refill was also offered.

The food is wonderful. The pita bread with roasted garlic spread was scrumptious and the bone marrow appetiser was really yummy. The desserts are also to die for.

I would definitely recommend it.