Back to Juju Hokkaido Hot Pot#B1-18, PoMo, 1 Selegie Road

Healthy Eating8 votes

Han Wei Koh
 • 03 Aug 2011 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Yeah, this place is quite good. At first me and my parents were a tad hesitant because one of the reviews I read actually discouraged eating at this place. However, it turned out to be pretty good. The total cost we paid was reasonably cheap for the food, which came in one who big platter. The ice seem clean enough and the vegetables were very fresh. The service was somewhat fast and good. The seats, unlike previously stated, were nicely made, I did not see any patches of tears in the seat. Although the soup contained a little too much MSG, the food was overall quite tasty. Rest assured, we did not experience any puking or aches after this meal. The one of the few downfalls was the amount of space. The table for four had just enough space for three peoples' platters. The platters were very big. This restaurant is a must try.

Must tries: seafood set, Creamy soup base

Dinner, Children/Family, Fine Dining, Private Dining, Quiet

zo well
 • 12 Jun 2011 8 reviews 0 follower
Overall
after seeing the ads on tv all these years and reading all the reviews here; decided to give it a try with my family. drove down and reached the place. looks pretty small; a little worn down, waited at the entrance for about 5 mins nobody serve us ( begin to doubt their overrated services) .

got a seat sat down read thru menu and got disappointed by the selection for each person.. not exactly as exciting as advertised.

nevertheless, ordered seafoodplatter, beef platter and fish platter and the desserts.

food came in large presentation of "useless ICE" for show. ice gives me a "dirty" feeling.

tables seems too small for those extra large display( difficulty to share food with family) ; threw in the food and ate.

puke: crap fish, stench. vegetables arent that fresh. they preprepared them in glasses and it looked and tasted stale.

soup tasted like msg soup. like those i cook instant noodles.

struggle to finish the craps as we had paid a premium for crap food.

that amount of money can be spent at a much better hot pot restaurant. or a hotel buffet.

finally; waited for our desserts hopefully its a consolation but hell; its just some nonsense fruits in some crap syrup not even worth 1 dollar.

i dont understand why there is even a good review at all.

i had tried dozo the one at river valley and it was quite good. but not this one. epic fail.

decors and bench are really old . mine even got masking tapes patched up on the seat. -.-

one word: crap

Must tries: none

wenz521
 • 22 Apr 2011 86 reviews 8 followers
Overall
Was a nice surprised that they are not stingy in portion and quality at all!

Very fresh seafood and vege, yummy soup...at $30 per head...I think it's very value for money...

Though the seatings are not the most comfortable, but the satisfaction on food surpasses all that

Must tries: Mango Sago

Lunch, Dinner, Healthy Eating, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, Girls Night Out