Review for Bibigo (Nex)

AsianKorean
Address: #03-08/09, Nex, 23 Serangoon Central, 556083
05 Feb 2014

Good Healthy Korean Fare

Who says that healthy food cannot taste good, and offered at a good price too? Bibigo does all three.

Located at Nex Mall, this outlet serves a variety of healthy sets that costs less than $10.

I tried a few of them, and the one I would go for would be the Bibigo Rice, which consists of lots of healthy yet tasty salad on brown rice.

For those looking for something a little more hearty, there is the Korean pancake, which has a nice crisp with generous portions of seafood.

Finally, the really indulgent would do well with the pork belly, which really melts in the mouth.

For dessert, the place offers a variety of ice cream to have. A light way to end the hearty meal.

More reviews of Bibigo

Overall

Korean fired chicken as an appetiser

A go-to spot for healthy Korean dishes like hot-stone grilled meats ($15 to $25) and bibimbap (mixed rice with vegetables, $10), Bibigo also serves an appetiser-sized portion of the Korean fried chicken. Called Red Chicken ($8), boneless pieces of chicken are batter-fried to a crisp coating and then tossed in a sweet and mildly spicy kohot sauce (a fermented pepper sauce made with red chillies, fermented soybeans, glutinous rice and salt). These are served in small pieces, result in fuller coatings and a more robust flavour. This spice levels aren’t high so this one's good for those who cannot tolerate spice.
Overall

Overpriced food & non-existent service.

Went there on Sat (22 Nov) for dinner. It's our first visit and we found that the food was overpriced as the portion was small, especially for the meat items like grilled bulgogi. Staff service was slow & rude.  The female staff who took our order kept rushing us by asking 'anything else' at least 5 times and showing extreme impatience. The only saving grace was the gangnam chicken which tasted good but definitely not worth another visit.

brown rice noodles letdown

I'm a fan of bibigo rice based dishes. However I tried to be adventurous and ordered the brown rice noodles for the first time after many visits to bibigo. After the first mouthful of the broth, I knew I had just paid $9 for disappointment. The dish scored zero for taste and zero for nutrition. It was just plain soft noodles with scorched rice disks soaking in a broth - it's not even worth calling it broth because it just tasted like a heap of pepper mixed with water. The soup was very peppery to the point of unpalatable. I endured a few mouthfuls of noodles sans soup and gave up eventually. All that accompanied the noodles were tiny cubes of tofu and two slivers of zucchini. I could have paid a third of the price for a more satisfying and wholesome bowl of food court noodle soup. I'm really baffled as to how this ill-developed dish made it to the menu. It's definitely going down in my records and never to be eaten again. Be warned.

Bibigo (nex) - poor service but serve nice food

I was there this afternoon for lunch as a friend of mine highly recommended that this place serve tasty korean food.    To my dismay, I was very disappointed with the service. The staff at the outlet was not attentive enough and instead of taking our order, they have a mini gathering at the counter chit chatting loudly. There is one lady, Jessica who was diligently taking orders, clearing the tables, refilling the water of customers. It made me wonder if the outlet only has one staff working. When we asked to serve warm water but gotten ice water instead.    But I would like to throw in some compliment for their food. Order a seafood tofu stew and it was good. I will definitely come back again but not at this outlet.    Jolene