Summary

Service3
chicken, (null), deep-fried pig's ears with chilli powder ($16), grilled octopus in red pepper sauce finished with olive oil ($35) View all

second time at bincho

Ok so i decided to go back to bincho cos its near my work place n cos i like the concept so much. This time i ordered the dinner set. Good value for money and good selection of dishes. The jap beers are really so good! Luv luv luv. Be back for more beers definitely! Service is again extremely good. Very friendly staff!

Most helpful reviews for Bincho at Hua Bee

Yakitori Degustation? Never again...

I am writing this review while I'm paying the bill.  This place is an absolute ripoff.

Let's start with the menu,  what they have is a chalk board that they take 20mins to explain to each table. Despite the time spent, we are still left confused with what yakitori is being served in a set. The menu is omakase (we found out eventually) ,  but it's not stated anywhere.

Prices are S$80 or $120 for a set. We ended up ordering the $120 set for the 2 of us to share. And we chose the beef as a main,  and later realised we had to add an additional $30.

Mind you,  for a $150 yakitori,  the food better be good and plentiful...but it was disappointing to say the least.

The portions were tiny,  and food was just blah. Appetisers of mash potatoes (small spoon), chicken liver pate, and a tiny 1cm cube of salmon.

We were then served 4 cubes of beef (add $30). A quarter of a tomato, 1 chicken mid wing, 1 piece (2cm cube)  of thigh, 1piece (2cm cube)  of breast,  and 3 mini pieces of softbones.

This was followed by a small bowl of negri Don,  and a sip of chicken soup (the soup bowl was only a quarter filled). I then ask if I could get a refill and was told No.

This has to be the most absurd yakitori place serving mediocre and expensive  food with miniscule portions. A wanna be yakitori Degustation restaurant with zero creativity,  blah food and exorbitant prices.

If I could give it a zero star, I would.  do not eat here.

Very good yakitori

I am surprised by some of the negative reviews. I was lucky enough to get a table at the counter last night. After a wonderful yuzu gin cocktail (the bar really knows its stuff), a friend had recommended that I try the tori zukushi set. As a way of showing off the very best of a chicken it cannot be faulted. From the chicken skin salad, though the gizzard, tail, cartilage, neck, heart and to the highlight of the evening, cockscombs (the kitchen was out of liver), every course was new to me and an utter delight. The tsukune was as good as it should have been and the yakitori don with the intense chicken soup was the perfect way to end.

The service was faultless, friendly, helpful and charming from beginning to end, and it was a joy to watch the young crew at work in  the kitchen. Heartily recommended.

Uhh... No, thanks.

Besides the quaint atmosphere that had the charm of an unexpected twist on an old-school joint, I hate to be painfully honest, the food left much to be desired. Read about my experience in trying some of the most bizarre flavours of my life.

Some things like the grilled squid, unfortunately, I will be going back to my favourite hawkers for. A hole-in-the-wall kind of place with barely anything but a barely noticable sign marking a mysterious doorway, it seemed to hold promise for a very unique dining experience which is not lived up to as yet.

Will be back for more!

Food/Drink N/A | Value 3 | Ambience 4 | Service 4

We went there on a Sunday night around 6.30pm. The yakitori was reasonably priced and I saw a Japanese family having the set meals which I plan to try the next time we head back. I like the small portions so we could reorder after trying more. The lamb was good and shells were yummy.

Bincho chef cooks Moosehead dishes

Here's a tidbit: betcha didn't know the chefs of Bincho and Moosehead are actually good friends who really admire what the other does, so much that they frequent each other's restaurants on their days off. They're now extending their friendship to diners: chef Asai and Manuel have adapted three of their favourite recipes at the other's restaurant and will be serving it as a la carte dishes at their own space throughout October. At Bincho: grilled asparagus with fried leek and garlic miso ($14), grilled octopus finished with olive oil ($35), and deep-fried pig's ears with chilli powder ($16). Head on over to Moosehead's page to find out what they're cooking.