Summary

Ambience3
Prawn Mee, Big Prawn Mee, 2-in-1 combo (no pig's tail), ngoh hiang, 3-in-1 combo View all
Cheap Eat/Budget, Lunch, Breakfast, After Work, Vibrant/Noisy View all

Blanco Court Prawn Mee

Complete review at http://www.umakemehungry.com/2016/06/blanco-court-prawn-mee.html

The prawn mee that I have always been wondering of everytime I pass by Beach Road. It was an impromptu decision on a Saturday Morning and we made a trip down for breakfast, finally!

The man prefers to have a bigger bowl for his stomach and got himself a big portion at $5.80 instead of the smaller portion that cost $1 less.

Prawn noodle soup was topped with fried onions in oil, enhancing the flavours of the original bowl of noodles. The broth of the noodle plays an important role and at a very first mouthful of it, the taste of it had already stolen all my tastebuds away. It's sweet and rich flavourful soup was awesome.

There are not too much prawns in the prawns and pork ribs noodle. Sharing the same taste in the soup, this delicacy is undeniably one of the best in Singapore. Pork Ribs were cooked to such a way that meat fell off easily from its bone.

Yummy! I'm glad a trip to Beach Road is all worth while afterall, the taste was real good!

There are a few handful of tasty prawn noodles I have known and Blanco Court's prawn mee was somehow comparable to those. If you have more to spend, try ordering the 3 in 1 Noodle that consist of Prawn, Ribs and Tail to enjoy a full dining experience or if you are keen on bigger prawns, try out the Jumbo Prawn Noodle!

Most helpful reviews for Blanco Court Prawn Mee

Miserable soup quantity

Costing an average of $5 per bowl, this average dish is overpriced with little portion. The stall assistant even cleared my unfinished food when I just left the table for a while to replenish my soup because they always serves it only 1/3 full.

Average quality at tuckshop portion

Food/Drink 1 | Value 1 | Ambience N/A | Service N/A

I have never been a fan but because we were in the neighbourhood and this is my daughter's favourite, we decided to come here for our lunch on a sunday noon. we ordered 4 bowls of prawn noodles- 3 at $8.80cts and 1 at 10.80cts. and when the prawn noodles came, we got a shock at how "big" the portion of the noodles were. My son, a 13 yo, commented he could finish the bowl of noodles in just a few mouthfuls! the portions were pathetically small that they reminded me of the food sold at schools' tuckshops/canteens. While the jumbo prawns for my 10.80 were quite big, the gravy (mine was dry version) had no kick at all. it came with a small bowl of soup which tasted rather bland for me. Even my daughter, who had been a fan, was disappointed and replied "no" when i asked if she would come back again. The $$8.80 version was just as 'sad' looking with some small sized prawns swimming in a broth with little noodles. This is close to rip-off. We also ordered the ngoh-hiang from the neighboring stall and that was equally bad too. The ngoh-hiang and fishballs came "charred" and tasted funny- i reckon its a case of deep frying in a pot of overused oil.

i am a big fan of prawn noodles but this has to be one of the most over-rated stalls i have tried. would i come back again? the answer is simple. NO.

BLANTco Court Prawn Mee

Very average prawn noodles. Just because this stall has the option of big or small prawns doesn't mean it has good standard. Quantity is rather little. Once you have eaten Wah Kee and River South (Hoe Nam) prawn noodles, you would never go back to this stall again. Mediocre at best.

Prawn mee

Prawn mee is my comfort food. This place have a really good prawn me soup. The soup is thick and tasty once u start drinking u wont have enough. The place is a bit hot but its cheap too. Definitely will come back again when I need my comfort food. Oh place will bring be too crowded except during lunch when many office workers will eat here.