Reviews for Bollicine

EuropeanItalianWestern
Squatter

Secluded

Dinner was a quite occasion with the restaurant only 30% filled. Very nice owner who made a point to welcome his guests. The service was however a little shoddy, with only 2 waiters who although were trying to please, seemed to be constantly moving and not quite attentive of the tables. With more service staff once business picks up, Bollicine will probably be a lot more warm, and fun to be.

Food started out a little suspect, with a simple antipasto which was good despite of the presentation. The main courses were both good. We had a veal dish that was very well presented, as well as roast pork which came in quite a sizable portion. Desserts were also very decent.

10 Jun 2010 • 3 reviews • 0 follower

Secluded

21 Feb 2010 • 1 review • 0 follower

You guys are lucky!

I now live in China where no many good Italian restaurants are available, unfortunately...but in my home town, New York, we are spoilt by choices for a good Italian eatery and to my great surprise I've found a great Italian resturant here in Singapore where hopefully my company will send me to work soon. Bollicine!

I was with an Italian colleague that comes to Singapore from Indonesia quite often and we stayed at the Riverview Hotel which is a bridge away from this charming, I would say, cosmopolitan Italian restaurant. He knew the place and he highly recommended I give it a try, so we did. We ordered Risotto Fungi porcini which was one of  the daily special and it did bring me back to my childhood when my mother, Italian by birth, used to prepare it for me and my brother. The texture was firm but not too hard, the mushrooms where dry porcini for sure but the aroma was so intense that it made me crave for more even before trying it. As a main I shared the mixed grill seafood with my colleague and it all was fresh and the flavour was just perfect, the king prawns especially tasted great!

We washed the whole dinner with a bottle of Bianco Vita even though none of the (busy) waiters poured for us after the first glass...only low point of their otherwise smiling and quite polite staff.

The chef owner mr Ezio offered two limocellos while having a nice chat and he shared with me the secret of a great risotto fungi, i'll ask my mother if it's the same but no matter what it worth coming back here just to enjoy it again.

13 Feb 2010 • 1 review • 0 follower

Italian restaurant is a very scenic location

It\'s a good italian restaurant, in a very nice area of Robertson Quay. Pizza and appetizers are very generous and tasty. The choice of main courses is a bit limited, but the meats are very good and some disches offered are gourmet ( veal).