Summary

Service3
RISOTTO, Raw Tuna salad, pizza Home made Gelato View all
Dinner, Quiet, Waterfront, Romance/First Dates View all

Secluded

Dinner was a quite occasion with the restaurant only 30% filled. Very nice owner who made a point to welcome his guests. The service was however a little shoddy, with only 2 waiters who although were trying to please, seemed to be constantly moving and not quite attentive of the tables. With more service staff once business picks up, Bollicine will probably be a lot more warm, and fun to be.

Food started out a little suspect, with a simple antipasto which was good despite of the presentation. The main courses were both good. We had a veal dish that was very well presented, as well as roast pork which came in quite a sizable portion. Desserts were also very decent.

Most helpful reviews for Bollicine

You guys are lucky!

I now live in China where no many good Italian restaurants are available, unfortunately...but in my home town, New York, we are spoilt by choices for a good Italian eatery and to my great surprise I've found a great Italian resturant here in Singapore where hopefully my company will send me to work soon. Bollicine!

I was with an Italian colleague that comes to Singapore from Indonesia quite often and we stayed at the Riverview Hotel which is a bridge away from this charming, I would say, cosmopolitan Italian restaurant. He knew the place and he highly recommended I give it a try, so we did. We ordered Risotto Fungi porcini which was one of  the daily special and it did bring me back to my childhood when my mother, Italian by birth, used to prepare it for me and my brother. The texture was firm but not too hard, the mushrooms where dry porcini for sure but the aroma was so intense that it made me crave for more even before trying it. As a main I shared the mixed grill seafood with my colleague and it all was fresh and the flavour was just perfect, the king prawns especially tasted great!

We washed the whole dinner with a bottle of Bianco Vita even though none of the (busy) waiters poured for us after the first glass...only low point of their otherwise smiling and quite polite staff.

The chef owner mr Ezio offered two limocellos while having a nice chat and he shared with me the secret of a great risotto fungi, i'll ask my mother if it's the same but no matter what it worth coming back here just to enjoy it again.

Italian restaurant is a very scenic location

It\'s a good italian restaurant, in a very nice area of Robertson Quay. Pizza and appetizers are very generous and tasty. The choice of main courses is a bit limited, but the meats are very good and some disches offered are gourmet ( veal).

italian italian italian!!!

Have you ever tried it? I mean have a feel of an Italian meal the way it was supposed to \be done? Have you? the antipasto is rich and indulgent, the pasta is al dente, the wines not expensive at all and the waitresses smile! Have you? We went (4 of us) for a casual dinner at Bollicine and we got just what we wanted: good food, great service and decent prices. It was a Sunday night an tghe boss was not around but his staff did not make us feelk like he was needed, we went on trying almost everything we like about Italian food including recipes not mentioned on the list like spagetti carbonara and they did them very nice indeed. In Melbourne we have lot'sa Italian restaurants, some good some very bad some great, well i feature Bollicine amongst the Great ones, affordable, for once, and nice ambience with good food, just one question, what is the piano for? i mean no one seems to be playing it, can I? haha

Try the tuna with couscous and the veal chop with cheese fondue or the linguine aglio ollio with prawns and feel like in Rome!

Precious find

I and my girlfriend went on treasure hunt one night and the reward was to find Bollicine, hidden behind the huge Rivergate estate on the other bank of the river compare to the Riverview hotel in Havelock rd. When we saw the place from far we thought it was probably the most charming Italian restaurant that we have encoutered since we live in Singapore (6 years). We was welcomed ar the door by two very gentle girls and showed our table near the glass wall the face the river side.

we waited a bit long for our wine bottle which was opened with a POP (!) but it was indeed an interesting tuscany wine reserva.

As usual we shared all our courses starting from the raw tuna salad, the best western raw salad we had so far, tender and very fresh tuna concocted with a tangy lime and what i guessed were capers and garlic sauce, amazing, the waitress told us this is a famous recipe of the chef owner, we agreed it deserved the fame.

I'd ordered the tortelli Crema and parma ham, they are really hand made, fresh and simply yummy! The pizza Quattro Stagioni, which I was told is also the name of their chain of delis, was crisp, thin and very well balanced with enough toppings , tomato and fresh mozzarella. We ordered linguine seafood in tomato sauce and hey, al dente! fresh seafood and not too much tomato sauce made it unforgettable.

The dessert was a tiramisu which did not kick me off the chair but pleasant and a double scoop of gelato of the best quality, they have a ice cream machine and they make their own gelato. We will be back with friends, for sure!