Back to Brasserie Les SaveursThe St. Regis Singapore, 29 Tanglin Road

Trendy3 votes

Celine Asril
 • 03 Oct 2014 288 reviews 10 followers
Overall
To celebrate its 80th year of serving the Bloody Mary, Brasserie les Saveurs has come up some dishes inspired by the drinks. All you can eat brunch starts from $148++ to $195++ (the latter with complimentary Ruinart champagne, beers and juices).

Anniversary, Brunch, Buffet, Formal Events, Graduation, Lunch, People Watching
  • Poached codfish with white mary vodka beurre blanc and sautéed leek celery.
  • Bloody Mary sherbet with vodka celery jellies
  • Pass around: tomato and crab meat maki roll with Bloody Mary vinaigrette

Morsels of Delice
 • 09 Sep 2014 51 reviews 0 follower
Repost for changes

It is hard not to be impressed by the extremely decadent, luxurious and grand setting of this place where the beautiful crystal chandeliers that dangle from the high ceilings are very attention grabbing,

Food wise, I had the buffet on a Saturday afternoon, where the famous scones were nowhere to be found, which is a bit disappointing (I know that it is not tea buffet, but since the place is so famous for them that I hope they put up at least one type for the desserts selection). What I like about this place is that the selection generally consists of European dishes, instead of the international (aka hawker fare) type, saved for the fishball noodle (full of flavours but not salty, fishballs themselves are meh), sushi platter (not bad) and herbal chicken soup (absolutely wonderful, tasty comfort food imbued with strong flavour of herbs). The appetizers from honeydew gazpacho, prawn salad, greek salad to tomato with cheese are refreshing in taste that I give high marks to.

Desserts are very delicate, rich, creamy, not too sweet; exactly how like my desserts to be, especially the Jivara tart and choux pastry. The use of Valhorna Chocolate in the desserts totally wins me. Hints of tart taste adds edginess to the overall taste. And the Bread and Butter Pudding with Brandy sauce is mouth watering good with subtle complexity in the taste. The desserts here are hands down the best I ever have among all the buffet selections. It is a must to leave some room in the stomach for the desserts.

While the mains spread is not as outstanding on my first try, the management worked on improving it after feedback. Now, this section is great, filled with wide variety of mains, like fishes cooked in different ways (and preparation method had improved greatly), prawns cooked in different styles (I always love spreads that feature lots of prawns), chicken, lamb, Asian style noodles and pasta (must opt to add in the sun dried tomatoes which are delicious). These dishes, with exception to the chicken, are all very flavourful while allowing the ingredients' natural taste and freshness to shine through.

I must say that I'm impressed by the restaurant's commitment to excellence. The service is great and friendly, there is nothing that I can complain about.

At a quite reasonable price, this place is definitely in our list of favourite buffet places.

For photos, visit http://morsels-of-delice.blogspot.sg/2014/09/brasserie-les-saveurs-tantalizing.html

unveiledlust
 • 04 Aug 2014 23 reviews 0 follower
Overall
A full review up on my blog: http://unveiledlust.blogspot.sg/2014/08/brasserie-les-saveurs.html

As usual, what caught me was the gorgeous deco.. It always happens before the food! We skipped their buffet table (which I may have regretted) and went for their ala-carte.

Must tries: desserts trolley