Summary

Ambience4
scones, desserts trolley, Lobster Pastry, Duck Consomme, Poached pear, Raspberry tart, bread, champagne brunch, eggs benedict, lobster bisque, lunch menu, set lunch menu, strawberry tart, tasting menu!!!, tea View all
Romance/First Dates, Quiet, Dinner, Lunch, Fine Dining, Brunch, High Tea, People Watching, Buffet, Children/Family, Wine Lists, Large Groups/Gathering, Anniversary, Business Dining, Live Band, Chillout, Formal Events, Private Dining, View/Scenery, Birthdays, Business Breakfast, Parties, Trendy View all

Recommended for the great ambience

For full review and photos, please visit:

The food & desserts here were ok, but we'd expect more premium quality from St Regis that can leave us a deep impression. I'd rather they cut down on the variety of the buffet spread but increase the quality of the food. If the food is normal here, people would rather spend the same amount of $$ elsewhere....

Service here was a tad disappointing. We noticed the staff only focus on clearing the plates from bigger table regularly whereas our plates were only cleared after a long time. The service should be the same even though we have only 2 pax...

Of course the sophiscated ambience here beats most hotels! Will definitely come back again for the great ambience as well as looking forward to see improvements on their quality of the buffet spread, the high tea set items as well as their service at my next visit in 2014!

The management of Brasserie Les Saveurs responded to this review:
02 Jan 2014
Dear buffetgal

Warmest greetings from Brasserie Les Saveurs!

Thank you for taking time out to review on our restaurant. We will feedback to our kitchen and service team with regards to your comments. We take your feedback seriously and definitely look forward to serve you better in the near future.

Best Regards
The Management
Brasserie Les Saveur

Most helpful reviews for Brasserie Les Saveurs

Love the lobster

For full reviews and pictures, visit my blog at ms-skinnyfat.com   I do love the St. Regis Singapore for its array of delectable dining options. There's Yan Ting for fine dining Chinese cuisine, La Brezza for casual Italian and Brasserie Les Saveurs for everything else. Out of the lot, i could see myself dining at BLS most often. Champagne Brunch, Afternoon Tea, French dinner.. there's hardly anything BLS can't execute with panache.   In fact, this was my third time dining at Brasserie Les Saveurs. This time i sampled the a la carte dishes prepared by Chef de Cuisine, Antoine Bonnet. The young chef has over 20 years of French culinary experience (he started cooking at the age of 14!) and he cooked his way through France, UK and Lebanon. French cuisine is still his passion as he finds challenge in creating deceptively simple dishes.   Our amuse bouche was the Steak Tartare. Light seasoning was used in this version of the tartare. Despite the thicker slices of the meat, the dish was silky and smooth, as was the flavor of the meat.    Second course was the Salade Nicoise. I can't never get enough of salads and this was refreshing with a touch of sweetness. Black pepper seared yellow fin tuna, mesclun leaves, quail eggs with marinated anchovies, green beans and Kalamata olives.   Next we had the Bouillabaisse Facon Les Saveurs which is a Fisherman's seafood stew slow simmered with fennel and saffron. While the seafood were fresh, i found the dish lacking in the rich seafood flavors that i'm accustomed to in a traditional bouillabaisse. I much enjoyed the lovely Rouille sauce with crusty bread as that added more robustness to the dish.    I could die many times over as long as i get my pan seared Foie Gras Poéle. BLS version is that with apple and rhubard compote, "sauternes" reduction raisins and brioche toast. Remember to separate the brioche from the compote asap so that it doesn't get soggy.   My favorite dish of the night was the Le Homard Thermidor. Huge Boston lobster flamed with cognac, mushroom bechamel sauce and gratinee gruyere. This is exactly how i love my baked seafood, with lotsa cream and cheese but still maintaining the sweetness of the crustacean. Oh and it's HUGE. Did i mentioned that already?

Chi chi place!

For pictures and full review of set lunch, pls visit;

For review and pictures of all the spread for afternoon tea(semi-buffet):

Lunched with K at Brasserie Les Saveurs, St Regis Hotel. It was the blue lobster season in August and the restaurant was having a weeklong special menu, which featured this delicacy, imported fresh from the Atlantic waters.

No effort was spared with Brasserie Les Saveurs décor! The lavish restaurant is adorned with grand chandeliers, luxurious carpets and floor to ceiling windows. Private booths are available for intimate and romantic meals.

Complimentary breadbasket. I like the baguette very much; the texture is chewy and the crust is crisp. Its a bit tough, my jaw got tired after my 2nd helping, but that didn’t stop me from having more! The butter is good as well; smooth, soft and not overly salty.

Blue Atlantic lobster bisque, lobster raviolis and herbs.The lobster raviolis were served first, then the warm bisque was poured in. I was impressed with the pasta, it was so silky, and my tongue felt like a layer of silk was placed on it. Fresh pasta rocks! Blue lobster meat is softer and juicier then regular lobster.

Pan-seared Atlantic Sea Bass, green asparagus, tomato vinaigrette, sautéed blue lobster, summer mushrooms, bisque reduction. The fish had a hint of crispiness on the outside and was soft on the inside; I could cut it with a fork. The serving was a bit disappointing though.

I felt K’s choice of mains was better; Pan roasted Australian Angus beef tenderloin, polenta stick, French sucrine, red wine sauce. The meat was tender and flavorsome, the sides were delicious as well.
After the mains, a staff would ask if you are ready for dessert. A dessert trolley will be pushed to your table. 2 desserts are included in the set lunch, if you wish to have more, it would cost $22++ for 3 pieces. I loved the desserts so much that I came with M and W to have the semi-buffet afternoon tea, and tried all the desserts, woo hoo!(would blog about this soon).

Sunday Champagne French Buffet Brunch - that's a lot of nouns pretending to be adjectives!

Food/Drink 3| Ambience 4| Service 4

For more photos, please visit Rubbish Eat Rubbish Grow.

I’m still shopping for where to have Xmas dinner so we test-drived (drove?) Brasserie Les Saveurs’s Champagne Brunch (see below for Xmas menu). Has anyone watched the best drama on TV, Downton Abbey? It’s about the habits of an aristocrat family in the 20th century. How an aristocrat eats for breakfast: it is buffet-style with a butler on standby because everyone wakes up at different times. Brasserie Les Saveurs is exactly like Downton Abbey. Eating here makes me feel like a duke.

The free-flow champagne buffet brunch costs $170++ per person, but it also includes wines and cocktails. Without alcohol, $138++. Children from 4-12 years old:$75++. Here are some reasons to justify the cost:

See how luxurious and ducal the decor is? Floral-and-vine motif carpet of thistle color with matching beige and deep crimson plush armchairs. Three elaborate chandeliers. Tall ceiling. French windows four-storeys high, showing a view of the swimming pool with the most gigantic drawn laurel-green curtains you’d ever see. If you sit by the window, you exist in a world of your own but there is sunlight beaming in – Fann Wong and Edward Cullum from Twilight will avoid UV. There are also private roomsavailable. A jazz band played awesomely in the background–Mom! I found my wedding singers! Now I’ll just have to find a partner! and it is the easy part. Areservation is a must – seats were almost taken up.

The service was impeccable. The utensils were changed regularly. All the servers were very friendly and cheerful and thoughtful. The angmoh maitre-d looks exactly like the handsome, villainous footman in Downton Abbey. He was carving slices of parma ham off something that looked like a huge decorative log. The helpful assistant maitre-d, Leila, talked to me and told me that the chef, who was making his rounds, saying hi, worked in a top restaurant in France. He came to Singapore six years ago, wanting to teach culinary arts, but realized his passion is still in cooking. But among all the service staff, my favorite has to be a Chinese middle-aged man. He reminds me of the butler in Downton Abbey, very no-nonsense, respectable, responsible, but underneath the strict facade, very caring. For instance, I told him my throat itched after drinking the complimentary freshly squeezed orange juice and asked if I could get honey. He immediately got a very tiny bottle of honey for me to add in myTWG tea. I was a hug away from calling him dad!

One last thing I want to mention is the clientele. I recently went to a buffet in another hotel, that costs about $80. My scoop was slow-mo moving in on the ice cream tub when all of a sudden, a morbidly obese Singaporean swooped in and edged me out!! I stared at him in shock, and he said, “Soli ah” and continued scooping his ice cream. You’ll NEVER find such kiasu Singaporeans here. The elegance of the place was so pervasive that it seeped into the bones of the patrons. Everyone was courteous and polite. I’d love to live in a society like this.

Let the feasting begin! The cuisine is mostly French-style. Although the range of the food wasn’t extensive, there was depth. On the buffet table, there were varieties ofham, bread, salad and cheese. For example, there were various types of salad: cucumber salad, potato salad, caesar salad, nicoise salad (with beef), grilled vegetables, asparagus, etc. The angmohs usually eat cheese for desserts, but hey, eat however you want it. Cheese with bread? Go ahead! But we skipped this because we’re typical Singaporeans, we go for the expensive stuff! The butter, with “St Regis” embossed on it, was pretty cool.

On the cold dish side, there were smoked salmon, salmon sashimi, three types of freshly shucked oysters, and crabs. Look at how ginormous the claw of the crab was!

What is brunch without eggs cooked to your liking? We had eggs benedict, which is a poached egg with a slice of ham and hollandaise sauce (my favorite sauce!).

There are two cooking stations serving pan-fried foie gras and black pepper lobster. We didn’t like this perhaps because the junior chefs were in charge of cooking very complicated dishes The foie gras was too hard and the lobster was chokingly spicy.

My other petty grouse for this buffet is there ought to be more hot food. Some of the food are prepared in the kitchen first and then served to each table. The portions are tiny, but these are super delicious. I wish they could be readily available on the buffet table as hot food. Some of the outstanding ones are: (1) Foie Gras Creme bruleewith red onion compote and compressed apple – super original! (2) lobster bisque – warm, warming to the body, and bursting with wholesome flavors! (3) Artichoke risotto with aged parmesan cheese – Chiobu hated this but I loved it! You have to appreciate smelly cheese, which is an acquired taste, to like this.

For the buffet brunch, each person is entitled to a choice of one main course from 11 choices. The Black Angus Beef Tartare, raw seasoned beef served in a small cake form, was zesty, onion-y, and black-peppery. Very tasty but for those who are unaccustomed eating beef raw, you may want to skip this. I ordered the roasted lamb rack (medium-rare). Well-executed without the stench of mutton. Chiobu loved how fine the mashed potato was – but the portion could be bigger.

I vowed to eat all the desserts! But I failed. Can you see the mountains of desserts?!! I doubt it’s humanly possible to try everything. Our favorites are the macaroons, amango lime eclair with a very surprising burst of lemongrass!, and the chocolate tart with the St Regis Sail on it.

6- and 7-course set menu dinners are available for Xmas Eve ($178+) and New Year Eve ($188++), including a glass of champagne.

The buffets on Christmas and New Year at $158+ (without alcohol) and $188+ (with free flow of alcohol) have special festive menus.

Xmas Hampers ($510+) and roasts are available too: Turkey ($148 , 5kg), ham($188, 5kg), leg of lamb ($178, 5kg) prime ribs ($388, 5kg) and log cakes ($48 onwards, ok, this one is not a roast, you know right?)

All in all, our experience at Brasserie Les Saveurs at St Regis’s lobby was leisurely and enjoyable. The ambience and service were tops. As for the food, it is different from our usual Singaporean buffets which have a wide range but no depth. A European, or a person who has lived in Europe for an extended time or a well-travelled person would appreciate the delicacy and intricacy of the food. Of course, if you can hold your alcohol, this buffet is not to be missed.

Sunday Brunch

I attended brunch with a friend. It was so nice to have pre canapes & cocktails at the bar first. After which we moved to the restaurant and were quickly led to our seats.
Since it was our first time here we were a little confused about the menus and how to order as it was not explained to us. We later found out we could order main courses. Which was a nice surprise. The Beef was perfectly cooked and the Black cod was so beautiful.
The live music was wonderful, as well as the selection of different foods and desserts.
The whole experience was lovely. Though it seemed as though the service was a little less then attentive at times.
Overall a lovely experience. Great for a nice treat or special occasion.

Worst place EVER!!! Stay away at all cost!!!

My hubby took me here on my BDay as a surprise, oh how surprisingly terrible and extremely disappointing it was indeed! To begin, nobody by the reception desk to greet us till 10 minutes had elapsed. The wine list is a joke for it's shorter than hair on a chihuahua! We ordered sparkling water and a btl of WW, the waiter was polite but completely clueless as to how to perform basic tasks such as chilling wine and serving bread. Btw I noticed that most diners were partaking in buffet so may be the restaurant simply couldn't serve a la cart customers on a Tue evening. We placed our dinner orders eventually then sat and waited for a whole 40 minutes without having any staff attending our table. My hubby couldn't stand it any more so we paid for our water and unfinished btl of wine and left this hellhole for our fav restaurant CUT at MBS! We had an exceptionally great time overall at CUT or may be its simply cuz the night stated out in HELL!