Review for Brasserie Les Saveurs

3.6

EuropeanFrenchWestern
19 Dec 2013
Overall

Recommended for the great ambience

For full review and photos, please visit:

The food & desserts here were ok, but we'd expect more premium quality from St Regis that can leave us a deep impression. I'd rather they cut down on the variety of the buffet spread but increase the quality of the food. If the food is normal here, people would rather spend the same amount of $$ elsewhere....

Service here was a tad disappointing. We noticed the staff only focus on clearing the plates from bigger table regularly whereas our plates were only cleared after a long time. The service should be the same even though we have only 2 pax...

Of course the sophiscated ambience here beats most hotels! Will definitely come back again for the great ambience as well as looking forward to see improvements on their quality of the buffet spread, the high tea set items as well as their service at my next visit in 2014!

The management of Brasserie Les Saveurs responded to this review:
02 Jan 2014
Dear buffetgal

Warmest greetings from Brasserie Les Saveurs!

Thank you for taking time out to review on our restaurant. We will feedback to our kitchen and service team with regards to your comments. We take your feedback seriously and definitely look forward to serve you better in the near future.

Best Regards
The Management
Brasserie Les Saveur

More reviews of Brasserie Les Saveurs

Overall

Happy 80th Anniversary, Bloody Mary!

To celebrate its 80th year of serving the Bloody Mary, Brasserie les Saveurs has come up some dishes inspired by the drinks. All you can eat brunch starts from $148++ to $195++ (the latter with complimentary Ruinart champagne, beers and juices).
Overall

Worst place EVER!!! Stay away at all cost!!!

My hubby took me here on my BDay as a surprise, oh how surprisingly terrible and extremely disappointing it was indeed! To begin, nobody by the reception desk to greet us till 10 minutes had elapsed. The wine list is a joke for it's shorter than hair on a chihuahua! We ordered sparkling water and a btl of WW, the waiter was polite but completely clueless as to how to perform basic tasks such as chilling wine and serving bread. Btw I noticed that most diners were partaking in buffet so may be the restaurant simply couldn't serve a la cart customers on a Tue evening. We placed our dinner orders eventually then sat and waited for a whole 40 minutes without having any staff attending our table. My hubby couldn't stand it any more so we paid for our water and unfinished btl of wine and left this hellhole for our fav restaurant CUT at MBS! We had an exceptionally great time overall at CUT or may be its simply cuz the night stated out in HELL!

Tantalizing Desserts, Unique Appetizers and Nice Mains

It is hard not to be impressed by the extremely decadent, luxurious and grand setting of this place where the beautiful crystal chandeliers that dangle from the high ceilings are very attention grabbing.

Food wise, I had the buffet on a Saturday afternoon, where the famous scones were nowhere to be found, which is a bit disappointing (I know that it is not tea buffet, but since the place is so famous for them that I hope they put up at least one type for the desserts selection). What I like about this place is that the selection generally consists of European dishes, instead of the international (aka hawker fare) type, saved for the fishball noodle (full of flavours but not salty, fishballs themselves are meh), sushi platter (not bad) and herbal chicken soup (absolutely wonderful, tasty comfort food imbued with strong flavour of herbs). The appetizers from honeydew gazpacho, prawn salad, greek salad to tomato with cheese are refreshing in taste that I give high marks to.

Desserts are very delicate, rich, creamy, not too sweet; exactly how like my desserts to be, especially the Jivara tart and choux pastry. The use of Valhorna Chocolate in the desserts totally wins me. Hints of tart taste adds edginess to the overall taste. And the Bread and Butter Pudding with Brandy sauce is mouth watering good with subtle complexity in the taste. The desserts here are hands down the best I ever have among all the buffet selections. It is a must to leave some room in the stomach for the desserts.

While the mains spread is not as outstanding on my first try, the management worked on improving it after feedback. Now, this section is great, filled with wide variety of mains, like fishes cooked in different ways (and preparation method had improved greatly), prawns cooked in different styles (I always love spreads that feature lots of prawns), chicken, lamb, Asian style noodles and pasta (must opt to add in the sun dried tomatoes which are delicious). These dishes, with exception to the chicken, are all very flavourful while allowing the ingredients' natural taste and freshness to shine through.

I must say that I'm impressed by the restaurant's commitment to excellence. The service is great and friendly, there is nothing that I can complain about.

At a quite reasonable price, this place is definitely in our list of favourite buffet places.

This review (with pictures) can be found on my blog: http://morsels-of-delice.blogspot.sg/2014/09/brasserie-les-saveurs-tantalizing.html

Yummy desserts!

A full review up on my blog: http://unveiledlust.blogspot.sg/2014/08/brasserie-les-saveurs.html

As usual, what caught me was the gorgeous deco.. It always happens before the food! We skipped their buffet table (which I may have regretted) and went for their ala-carte.

Food coma with Champagne Brunch

For pictures and full review, pls visit:

The St Regis Champagne Brunch at Brasserie Les Saveurs is undoubtedly, a decadent affair. Free- flow bubbles, Alaskan crabs, lobster, oysters from France, foie gras and caviar.  You name it, they have it!

Feast in the luxurious interiors of the opulent St Regis Hotel, while the live jazz band sets the mood.  Staff meander around with trays of unique appetizers. Service is butler-like, enthusiastic rather than smothering. This is the place to splash out on!

This post is picture-heavy, and I’m sure you will be drooling before reaching the halfway mark. I’ll start with the passed around appetizers, main course the dessert , before moving to the extensive buffet section.