Tue - Sun: 09:00 - 20:00
Brawn & Brains serves mouthwatering Western cuisine that will suit ones appetite.
Brawn & Brains isn’t a new cafe and has been in business for about 2 years. Regulars love their self-baked pastries, hearty sandwiches and of course great coffee. With such a strong characteristic, we are happy that they have expanded to a bigger shop that is located near the carpark entrance. Their previous small shop will be used as a roasting area for their coffee beans.
For full review, please check out http://espressonites.com/2015/07/brawn-brains/
Full Review at http://lepakwithyaops.com/brawn-and-brains-bigger-bolder-better
Follow Lepak With Yaops on Instagram and Facebook
Heartiest congratulations to Brawn and Brains! After 2 years, they have finally expanded their sitting capacity and menu! Occupant of the unit facing Guillemard Road, the cafe now accommodates approximately 40 pax and includes an area for customers to hang around while waiting for their cup of boosters. On top of that, Brawn and Brains has upgraded to two bigger and meaner La Marzocco machines to serve you better and faster! Reminisce of Brawn and Brains 1.0 HERE.
Matching up with market rates, Latte are now $4.5 and Iced Latte $5. That being said, their coffee still packs a huge punch and is worth every single penny!
Truly inspirational! From a humble unit to the where they are now, I'm definitely looking forward to the day when they are fully operational, which includes their new kitchen extension!
Checked this place out after seeing it listed as one of the best cafes in Singapore. Was a very small outlet with simple decor. Coffee was nice and reasonably priced. Earl Grey croissant was interesting. Husband found it abit too sweet but if you're a sweet tooth like me, you will enjoy the croissant. Mushroom sandwich was abit too pricey in my opinion.
And this time, we were off to Brawn & Brains which is located at the former Singapore Badminton Hall. I wouldn’t say the cafe is located very near to the nearest MRT station as it could easily be a 10-12 minutes walk. (I came by direct bus. Yeah to Google map. Keke!
Brawn & Brains is a pretty small cafe with two communal tables that could sit 8 peopl each and one low table for 4.
And from the menu, we ordered:-
1) Panini pressed curried chicken wrap, $7.90 – This was good. I actually liked how (raw) onions were added to add that stingy taste amidst the mild spiciness from the curry marinated chicken.
2) Mushroom & cheese sandwich, $7 – Unfortunately, I did not like this filling of mushrooms. It’s almost tasteless although I noted sesame seeds and some dried tomato were added when I peeled my sandwich open.
3) Assorted croissants, $3.90 – We went with dark chocolate.
4) Lemon curd tart, $5.60 – Only the salted caramel and dark chocolate tarts were on the display shelf with a tag that said “lemon curd” but no lemon curd tart in sight. Refusing to give up, I tried asking and was rewarded to learn the curd tarts were just being kept in the fridge. Yeah! And I liked that the lemon curd held itself well (did not flow out when sliced through) and was not too sour. Nice!
5) Dark chocolate tart, $5.90 – The filling was dense and smooth. I liked that not the same dough was used in the making of the various flavored tarts
6) Cafe latte, $3.50 – With 2 choices of blend where beans were roasted in-house, I went with the one that had ‘caramel’ under its description. Ha. And I like the super friendly price too!
I like how Brawn & Brains exudes a cosy vibe. I noticed most (myself included) like hanging around a bit despite having finished their food and drinks.
Besides wraps and sandwiches which require at least 20 to 25 preparation / waiting time, Brawn & Brains offered assorted pastries like croissants, tarts and cakes. Not the fanciful type of cakes but bread / loaf cake type.
With its friendly purse prices, I will definitely think of dropping by when I am in the area. Am definitely envying fellow yogis who are practicing yoga in the same building as Brawn & Brains! The only fault I can find is that they only accept cash payment
PS : I am a blogger too! Lifestyle blog, Food Blog