And this time, we were off to Brawn & Brains
which is located at the former Singapore Badminton Hall. I wouldn’t say the cafe is located very near to the nearest MRT station as it could easily be a 10-12 minutes walk. (I came by direct bus. Yeah to Google map. Keke!
Brawn & Brains is a pretty small cafe with two communal tables that could sit 8 peopl each and one low table for 4.
And from the menu
, we ordered:-
1) Panini pressed curried chicken wrap, $7.90
– This was good. I actually liked how (raw) onions were added to add that stingy taste amidst the mild spiciness from the curry marinated chicken.
2) Mushroom & cheese sandwich, $7
– Unfortunately, I did not like this filling of mushrooms. It’s almost tasteless although I noted sesame seeds and some dried tomato were added when I peeled my sandwich open.
3) Assorted croissants, $3.90
– We went with dark chocolate.
4) Lemon curd tart, $5.60
– Only the salted caramel and dark chocolate tarts were on the display shelf with a tag that said “lemon curd” but no lemon curd tart in sight. Refusing to give up, I tried asking and was rewarded to learn the curd tarts were just being kept in the fridge. Yeah! And I liked that the lemon curd held itself well (did not flow out when sliced through) and was not too sour. Nice!
5) Dark chocolate tart, $5.90
– The filling was dense and smooth. I liked that not the same dough was used in the making of the various flavored tarts
6) Cafe latte, $3.50
– With 2 choices of blend where beans were roasted in-house, I went with the one that had ‘caramel’ under its description. Ha. And I like the super friendly price too!
I like how Brawn & Brains exudes a cosy vibe. I noticed most (myself included) like hanging around a bit despite having finished their food and drinks.
Besides wraps and sandwiches which require at least 20 to 25 preparation / waiting time, Brawn & Brains
offered assorted pastries like croissants, tarts and cakes. Not the fanciful type of cakes but bread / loaf cake type.
With its friendly purse prices, I will definitely think of dropping by when I am in the area. Am definitely envying fellow yogis who are practicing yoga in the same building as Brawn & Brains
! The only fault I can find is that they only accept cash payment
PS : I am a blogger too! Lifestyle blog
, Food Blog