21 Aug 2015
I was at Brewerkz with a group of friends for a gathering. Coming here with a group of friends is good, cos you get to order a variety of food and get to try different dishes.
The beer here is also fresh and on tap, with a variety to choose from. As I came around national Day, they do have National Day – Jubilee specials to commemorate SG50.
Here are the highlights of my meal:
Coming here, you have to order the Beer, which is brewed on premise and on tap.
- Jubilee Lager (5% alcohol): This was brewed to celebrate 50 years of Singapore. Lager is light and easy to drink.
- XIPA Beer: This is a World Gold Cup Medal winner in 2005. It’s the bigger and brawnier version of Brewerkz’s Indian Pale ale with more malt, hops and alcohol at 7.5%
Food wise, here are what we ordered:
- Tasmanian Mussels: The mussels were fresh. I love the cream sauce which you can dip the warm Foccacia bread into.
- Chipotle Pork Belly Satay: Lovely. Yummy! Huge chunky pieces of meat. Nicely grilled and yummy!
- 3 Big Pigs: Crispy pork knuckle, baby back ribs and Kielbasa spicy sausage. Especially liked the pork rib which were soft and falls off the bone!
- Satay Seafood Pasta: This is the western version of satay bee hoon. Love the cuttlefish an seafood in this.
- The Cowboy Burger: Beef patty topped with crispy bacon, cheddar cheese and homemade BBQ sauce. hits the mark!
We ended off the meal with desserts:
- Warm brownie topped with honeycomb, vanilla ice cream and hot stout fudge sauce: Loved this the most. Nice tasting brownie and the hot fudge sauce is a perfect accompaniment to the brownie.
- Chocolate Fudge Cake: It was moist and yummy.
It was a good outing, with good food and good company.