Reviews for Brotzeit (Raffles City)

3.3

BeerEuropeanGermanItalianPizzaWesternWine
Address: #01-17, Raffles City Shopping Centre, 252 North Bridge Road, 179103

Beer & Pork Knuckles

When its German food, you have to have pork knuckles; and they serve quite tasty ones here too. Servings are generous in size and grilled very well....so crispy. Cool place to hang out with colleagues after work, really enjoy the drinks and pork knuckles here.
• 05 Jul 2015 • 4 reviews • 0 follower

Totally overrated and expensive

Overall
The location is great but the food is totally disappointing. I had the mix of sausages, they were one worst than the other, no taste and full of spices to cover for that. Prices are totally unreasonable and the quality is pretty low. The service was also quite bad, I had to as for a beer 3 times before it finally was served.
• 06 Dec 2014 • 114 reviews • 0 follower

Beer & Pork Knuckles

• 28 Jun 2014 • 4 reviews • 0 follower

Lousy service

Overall
Been a fan of Brotzeit for a few years in particular the Vivocity location. Decided to try the Raffles City outlet for dinner/drinks and to enjoy the World Cup game with fellow German fans. Granted the staff may have been inexperienced for the surge of popularity during this particular night but there were some inexusable events that soured my respect for the Brotzeit brand.

Firstly it took about 5+ mins for the staff to seat us despite there being plenty of free tables at the time. The line to be seated looked more like a line to enter a night club than a restaurant.

Secondly our appetizers and main course arrived at the same time. By the time I was done with my soup, the main course was no longer hot.

Thirdly while it may be customary for the restaurant not to serve tap water, they should at the very least fill the glasses with ice when customers order bottled water. When we asked the waiter for ice for our glasses, he only filled one. I didn't realize ice was a treasured commodity at Brotzeit that only one guest per table is allowed ice.

Fourthly we asked for the dessert menu. Not even 10mins later when making our order were we told the kitchen was closed. This made my date highly irritable as she likes her chocolate ice cream. Why were we not told the kitchen was closed or closing when given the dessert menu?

As for the World Cup game, a few minutes passed before the staff even realized it was the wrong channel. While other guests may like the restaurant music during half time, a football fan may dislike the lack of audio when the pundits are discussing the game. Also the staff were late in turning the game audio back on after half time.

All in all, I'd return to Brotzeit for the so-so food despite the poor service at this particular location but I'd certainly not return to watch the World Cup as the staff are not equipped to handle a night when Germany are playing.

Need a table now? Book these restaurants in less than 2 minutes