Summary

Pork Knuckle, beer, everything, Dark Lager, Flade, Kaisaschmarn, Seafood Salad, Spezi (soft drink), Wurst platter for 2, bread with toppings, curry wurst, dish of the day, german open face sandwiches, german pizza and sausages, knoblauchwurst, platter for 2, salad with roasted pork, sauerkraut, wedges View all
After Work, People Watching, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Chillout, Dinner, Vibrant/Noisy, Boys Night Out, Live Band, Girls Night Out, Lunch, Large Groups/Gathering View all

My Little local Germany

Good friends and I met for a nice Friday meal to kick start our weekend with good food and company! Between the 4 of us, we shared a platter and that's good. We each had a portion of everything. As expected, the pork knuckle was nicely deep-fried. The assorted sausages also tasted good. Generally, I personally preferred the chicken ones over the somewhat porky-tasting ones. The lighter ales are also my favourite! I like how drinking much light ale just gives me a light buzz. I also discovered another drink that I now LOVE - Jäger bomb!!! This is another dangerous drink as the sweetness of the mix gives you the deception that you can down a plenty without getting slosh! Ladies, know your limit, else boys will gleefully take advantage of that situation. :/

Most helpful reviews for Brotzeit (Raffles City)

Beer, Sausages and Pork Knuckles

View the full menu with prices here: http://chewingyum.com/2015/11/18/brotzeit/

Beer, Sausages and Pork Knuckles - who can really ask for more? Probably the most reknowned german bistro in Singapore, Brotzeit offers these three options in bounty. I've never had a bad time there, then again who  ever has a bad time with copious amounts of beer and meat? Pretty decent price, comparable to any other bar, with much better food than most places can offer. I really don't see any reason to go to other bars...maybe just for the music. I mean, who can say no to pork knuckles?

Beer and German Delicacies

A nice place to hang out with colleagues afterwards. Good selection of beer and german fare (sausages and pork knuckle). Food is pretty decent, pork knuckle was crispy and portion was generous! Sausages was pretty normal though.

Price wise, it is a little on the high side. There's better deals out there in town. However, if you're not picky and just want a place nearby for some beer and greasy german food, this place shouldn't disappoint you.

You can check out the full menu (with price) at this website that I am working on. Cheers!

Totally overrated and expensive

The location is great but the food is totally disappointing. I had the mix of sausages, they were one worst than the other, no taste and full of spices to cover for that. Prices are totally unreasonable and the quality is pretty low. The service was also quite bad, I had to as for a beer 3 times before it finally was served.

Beer & Pork Knuckles

When its German food, you have to have pork knuckles; and they serve quite tasty ones here too. Servings are generous in size and grilled very well....so crispy. Cool place to hang out with colleagues after work, really enjoy the drinks and pork knuckles here.

Lousy service

Been a fan of Brotzeit for a few years in particular the Vivocity location. Decided to try the Raffles City outlet for dinner/drinks and to enjoy the World Cup game with fellow German fans. Granted the staff may have been inexperienced for the surge of popularity during this particular night but there were some inexusable events that soured my respect for the Brotzeit brand.

Firstly it took about 5+ mins for the staff to seat us despite there being plenty of free tables at the time. The line to be seated looked more like a line to enter a night club than a restaurant.

Secondly our appetizers and main course arrived at the same time. By the time I was done with my soup, the main course was no longer hot.

Thirdly while it may be customary for the restaurant not to serve tap water, they should at the very least fill the glasses with ice when customers order bottled water. When we asked the waiter for ice for our glasses, he only filled one. I didn't realize ice was a treasured commodity at Brotzeit that only one guest per table is allowed ice.

Fourthly we asked for the dessert menu. Not even 10mins later when making our order were we told the kitchen was closed. This made my date highly irritable as she likes her chocolate ice cream. Why were we not told the kitchen was closed or closing when given the dessert menu?

As for the World Cup game, a few minutes passed before the staff even realized it was the wrong channel. While other guests may like the restaurant music during half time, a football fan may dislike the lack of audio when the pundits are discussing the game. Also the staff were late in turning the game audio back on after half time.

All in all, I'd return to Brotzeit for the so-so food despite the poor service at this particular location but I'd certainly not return to watch the World Cup as the staff are not equipped to handle a night when Germany are playing.