Summary

Value3
buffalo wings, mushroom soups, onion rings, clam chowder soup, Fish & Chips, Great price for beers - 5.50 per mug of San Miguel, Steaks and Ribs, escargots, steaks ribs, Deep Fried Mushroom, pork chop, veal steak View all
Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, After Work, Children/Family, Chillout, Hidden Find, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Boys Night Out, Vibrant/Noisy, Live Band, Romance/First Dates, Quiet, Supper, Girls Night Out, Private Dining, Wheelchair Friendly View all

people found this review useful

Most helpful reviews for Buckaroo BBQ & Grill

a hidden find

i heard sooo much about this place but, never been there. hidden at andrew avenue in sembawang, the owners were smart in converting to old houses into a quaint cafe like you would imagine in australia or something. it just has a feel.

food wise, servings are big and somewhat unique in presentation with the use of the soup loaf that serves mushroom cream soup - that's still making my mouth want more of it since 3 days ago. yum!

We ordered the buffalo wings @ level 1 which was pleasantly tasty with hints of spice but, crispy skin. One toughie to chew was the fried calamari we had. ya, pretty chewy so timing wasn't right when they cooked it-taste wise it was good though.

loved the carrot stick and celery too! :) great to go with family and friends and have wings and a beer... only thing that was missing, a good view of the beach.

Christmas Dinner

Date Visited: 25 Dec 09

This is my 2nd visit to Buckaroo, was originally going to celebrate Xmas dinner at Hardrock but reservation was closed so had to change the venue to Buckaroo.

Location was really out of place and I still missed the left turn into Andrews Ave in spite this being the 2nd time I went. But the good thing is you can just park your car somewhere nearby or by the roadside since it's a private residential area and carpark attendants don't come here normally.

Reserved a table for 7 pax and the staffs was really friendly. Greeted us with a great smile when we arrived. But table location was not that good as it's near the corner and just infront of the stairway door, had slight problem going in and out from my seat. The restaurant was fully reserved that night.

Anyway, we ordered the Buffalo Wings level 2 as my friend was down with slight fever so no chance to try level 3 yet. Had their onion rings, pork chop, chicken chop, dory fish and fish & chips. We did not order main course for everyone because the portion was too big for girls to finish so we ordered 5 to share.

Level 2 Buffalo wings was non comparable to Seletar Sunset Grill, I did not feel any spiciness at all. It was slightly sourish so I guess the sauce was Tabasco sauce. The rest of the food was nice except my pork chop. Though the meat was tender, it lack taste, it was quite bland and the sauce that came with it was not very tasty too. The pork rib I had on the 1st visit was so much better.

Paid the bill only to realise that we were charged extras with items that we did not ordered but the guy who served us was quick to rectify this and later found out another waiter accidently placed an order from another table with our table number.

To conclude, service was good and atmosphere is good and quiet but recommended for groups instead of a romantic dinner for couples. And the quality of food is much better than Seletar Sunset Grill. The downside is the location which is abit out and price was abit steep but portion was big (a can of mug rootbeer cost $3.50 and rootbeer float $8.50, main course was in the range of $20-$40, buffalo wings around $18 for 1/2 dozen and sides was range around $15 - $20), this reminds me of the American Restaurant I visited overseas.

Rustic Place for wings

Prefer the setting in the other outlet though.
Food is ok but staff not smiley :(
The bread bowl looks huge, but didn't try it.  The kids were able to take level 3 wings, so I Guess it's not too spicy.

Decent dining place within the neighborhood!

Mid scale dining made available to people within the neighborhood with pretty affordable price. Although the interior have much to improve on to prove a more comfortable dining experience, thumbs up to both the food quality and staff efficiency within this eatery!

Closest you can get to the authentic buffalo wings

For full review, please visit my blog The Engineer Chef:

Upon entering the restaurant, I got that rustic feel just like when I was entering a neighborhood eatery in a deserted place in the USA - like the only restaurant they have in a small town, that communal and country feel.

There are in total 10 levels, and wings are sold per half dozen or per full dozen (note that 1 wing consists of both the wingette and the drumette). Level 1 is the "Combustion Wings" ($17.5/half, $26.80/full), Level 2 the "Volcano"($18.80/half, $27.80/full), and Level 3 the "Insanity" ($19.80/half, $28.80/full). Additional level comes at $1.50 per level per half dozen. Each portion is served with carrot and celery.

Both of us started with half dozen of Level 3 the "Insanity", which to our taste bud was NOT hot / spicy at all. There was just a tinge of hot that was very subtle. Then, we ordered half dozen of Level 7 (our waiter commented that she started feeling the heat at level 7, so we dared). Level 7 was indeed the heat bomb to your lips and tongue. I managed to finish the first wing nicely, but as I was munching on my second wing, I just felt that the heat and the acid from the buffalo sauce was too much for me. I believe the perfect level to my liking will be around Level 5.   The chicken wings were fried to perfection. The skin was crispy, yet the meat was juicy and tender. The buffalo sauce was considerably good - although not the best I've ever tasted, could be the best in Singapore. It was slightly different from the traditional buffalo sauce. You could taste the acid and the heat, but you could also find more spice and herbs in the sauce as to the traditional version.

Besides the wings, we shared the Onion Rings ($9.80/regular), which was the "must try" dish if you come to Buckaroo. The presentation of this dish was clever. All the perfectly fried golden brown rings were stacked on a tower. To me, the rings from Buckaroo can be the nicest rings I have tasted ever (no kidding). When you bite into the rings, the onion immediately disintegrate leaving a clean bite, which to me is the number one criteria of a perfectly fried onion ring. Needless to say, the batter was delicious too.   Besides all the good food, most importantly you could also enjoy one of the best hospitality you could get in a local restaurant. I would say dining at Buckaroo transports you to dining at a rustic countryside restaurant in the USA. Stop hesitating, all you have to do now is order some beer, clean your hands, and dig in! Real buffalo wings are eaten using your hands. For all buffalo wings lover, (or BBQ lovers as they sell all sorts of BBQ), Buckaroo is a must visit.