Back to BWB#11-03/04, Orchard Central, 181 Orchard Road

Relaxed3 votes

Triplebypassbuffet
 • 06 Sep 2014 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
A couple of bad reviews almost hampered my visit to BWB. However, I just needed some kickass wings and location-wise this was rather accessible. Sunset Grill or some ulu coffeeshop didn't cut it. I'm SO GLAD that I went here.

Ambience was fantastic - more of boys night out but well catered for both sexes. Fights go on tv and boxing gloves and muay thai shorts are adorned on the wall. Having done both, it reminded me of the ravenous moments post workout - good start.

I had already decided what I wanted beforehand - and a poached egg in a burger would win me over anytime. Having said that, I was really tempted to take the addon salad and dessert bar add-on then decided not to. That was quite a regrettable decision as the bar was great! The variety of foods were not the kind you'd get at most of such salad bar concept places - I wished I could comment on quality but I didn't try. Certainly worth the add-on.

As I was ready to murder the wings mainly, I ordered the BBQ buffalo wings with suicide spice level. It really felt great saying "I'd like to have the suicidal wings" :) Why bother with comfy tasting. Man-ing up was great - Within my first wing I was heated up and sported a glossy finish. Sweat beads had formed. However, it wasn't the kind of spice that required water or milk to wash down. It was just a comfortable level - enough to let you know its badass, but not enough to make you regret. That really takes some level of planning.

I actually wanted to order more - but the friendly waiter told me I had already ordered quite a bit and told me to hold up and order more if I felt like it later. Thank god. A burger and a few fiery wings later, I was knocked out. Who said the service was bad - that's great service right there!

Overall, we were asked if everything was ok, whether we enjoyed our food - whether we'd like to takeaway what we couldn't finish. Great service - really. Perhaps the reviews here made an impact, but right now it's all good.

Definitely would visit again - there's a lot more for me to savour and enjoy. I'd say best for boys night out - but for post monday or friday nights would be great just as well.

Well done lads!

Must tries: Baffalo wings, Buffalo Wings (Suicide Level)

After Work, Boys Night Out

• 28 Aug 2014 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall

The location was also a plus, I love Orchard Central a good meeting place indeed. Only few people knows this mall exists lol! Orchard Central is located in Orchard Road, nearest MRT is at Somerset Station and 3 minutes walk from 313 Somerset. Now that the Orchard Gateway Mall is open, it’s now more convenient to reach Orchard Central as it’s linked from 313 Somerset.

After Work, Buffet, Cheap Eat/Budget, Dinner, Girls Night Out, Large Groups/Gathering

tamm82
 • 29 Jul 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Ordered a classic burger & requested for the beef patty to be medium done. Took 2 bites & the beef patty was RAW! The beef patty was bright red! Manager wasn't really convinced it was raw; insisted it was medium rare and didn't want to take the burger to show the chef.. never came back to say anything. Asked for him again to see what the chef said he shot off saying "cooking another one for you"... decided to return the burger... and never return..

Dear restaurant manager, pls refer to the chart on beef burger doneness before shooting your mouth off

p/s I have eaten medium done beef patties countless of time

Management

Dear Tamm82,

On behalf of BWB, I apologise for the poor experience dining at our restaurant.

Please rest assured that we take such allegations of poor food quality and service extremely seriously. May I please invite you to connect with us at dickchan@kitchenlanguage.com.sg with details of the date, time and persons involved during your visit?

I eagerly await your correspondence.

Thanks!