Back to BWB#11-03/04, Orchard Central, 181 Orchard Road

Relaxed3 votes

Liu Xiangting
 • 11 Oct 2014 10 reviews 28 followers
Overall
For Full review and Pictures, visit: http://goingmerrily.blogspot.sg/2014/10/bwb-burgers-vs-wings.html

BwB is handsdown one of the best beef burger place in Singapore. The place is pretty empty on weekends, so its quite an enjoyable gathering venue. The theme of the restaurant - fighting rink for burgers and wings,  is also brought out really well by the decorations and random punching bags hanging from the ceiling. I got the Classic Heavyweight Beef Burger. Look at how thick the patty is. And its really juicy and reddish on the inside. Don't get the wings, its an open secret that burgers totally win the fight here at BwB.

Must tries: Tyson Peanut Butter Burger, classic heavyweight burger

After Work, Ala Carte, Boys Night Out

AaronTan83
 • 06 Oct 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
I grew up in the States and spend most of my football tailgate days eating buffalo wings, and let me tell you this is not the place you wanted to be if you wish to have that same American taste!

First of all do not expect to get your typical blue cheese, ranch and veggie dip on the side! In my humble opinion the taste is quite unique, it does not have that typical tangy chayenne pepper taste on the wings. What I founded was that it has a little bit curry spice on the sauce and furthermore the hotness comes from the asian chilli. I think the chef is daring enough and wanted to create a fusion of asian and western style of buffalo wings which I think its GASTRONOMIC FANTASTIC!

This wing joint is more like your upscale high end dining with alfresco seatings. I really appreciate the open kitchen concept where I can see myself how the chef prepared my wings from scratch! I saw him taking the wings, seasoned it and then deep fried it before adding the special sauce! Most wing joints probably use some frozen ready to cook wings and served it to their customers. However back again to taste wise, I think it is quite relative for everybody, if you are not used to high end dining then you would probably not appreciate the effort on preparing the unique wings on this joint.

Service wise I think is quite excellent. When my wings arrive, they did not gave me any extra plates to put the bones so I am like... okayyy...? but surprisingly one of the server Ridhwan always keep on the look on my plates. After finishing a couple wings he noticed it and asked me to change for a new plate. Wow again, I think this is the type of service where you can get in a 5 star restaurants.

At the end of my meal another supervisor Elmer, came in to the table and asked me on how my meal was. I told him mostly on what I have wrote in this review. He also acknowledge  that a lot of customers was surprise when they did not to see any ranch or blue cheese dippings on the side. He explained it to me professionaly that it was the restaurant style to serve it with the asian twist sauce. He also mentioned they have change the manager recently and He was taking account of all customer feedback to the kitchen! very welcoming, not the type of restaurant where they will shout at you when you dont like their foods...

Value wise, I think its pretty reasonable comparing the prices among orchard and other wing joints in CQ. They also have buffet top up option that I didnt get to try. Drinks here are super cheap! for $5 you can get 1 Liter of sodas! woww enough to cleanse that wing hotness.

Overall, I am quite satisfied with my dining experience and will be back to try out their Wagyu Black Burger! I wonder what other kind of fusion surprises I will get on that burger!

Must tries: Baffalo wings, Cheese fries

After Work, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Boys Night Out
  • Cheese fries and Buffalo wings!
  • Cheese fries and Buffalo wings!

Nick Siegrist
 • 05 Oct 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
The food really is the best in town, Elmer is the best. It's a home town feel, far away from town. Food is top tier. Good drinks, good song selection. And good service. I'm going to give this bar a 5 star rate at a 3 star price. eat and drink here
  • Good food, good drinks great time!