Back to BWB#11-03/04, Orchard Central, 181 Orchard Road

Relaxed3 votes

tamm82
 • Tuesday at 8:40pm 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Ordered a classic burger & requested for the beef patty to be medium done. Took 2 bites & the beef patty was RAW! The beef patty was bright red! Manager wasn't really convinced it was raw; insisted it was medium rare and didn't want to take the burger to show the chef.. never came back to say anything. Asked for him again to see what the chef said he shot off saying "cooking another one for you"... decided to return the burger... and never return..

Dear restaurant manager, pls refer to the chart on beef burger doneness before shooting your mouth off

p/s I have eaten medium done beef patties countless of time

Yz wan
 • 18 Jul 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
The food here are amazing and service crew, Elmer is extremely helpful and attentive. Two thumbs up!

• 30 Jun 2014 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
In a very competitive food industry I am surprise or should I say appalled by the bad service the restaurant is giving to customers.

First, there were no one at the front door even though there are many servers within the restaurant and the place was less than a quarter filled with people. After a good 2 to 3 minutes, the servers whom are congregating in the restaurant chatting among themselves finally see us and came over to show us to our seats.

We were using the Deals voucher and as the instructions to order was not clear we proceed to ask a server to explain to us how it works. I was pretty surprise that even though it was not a busy weekday lunch hour, it was extremely challenging to get the attention of the servers. Which from my observation, they were more engage in their own private discussion laughing and joking then to attend to their duties.

Finally we get one server to explain to us the ordering process. However, not only was she unsure of how the vouchers work, she was impatient and unfriendly and not to mention condescending with our queries. It makes me wonder was buying their voucher immediately turn us into 2nd class customers to be subtly judged and insulted by their servers? So why do you sell your vouchers on Deals in the first place? Wasn't creating awareness and publicising the restaurant the whole point? At that point I really don't think to create a great dining experience was their priority. It felt like BWB is just trying to earn quick bucks and chase aware future potential customers, which they have successfully done so.

Having said that, after struggling with the poor explanation from the incompetent server we finally made our order. Unfortunately our  tormenting ordeal does not end there. The food took a good half an hour to arrive even though it was not that crowded. Even before the arrival of the food, we made several enquiries to different servers and even one of their foreigner managers but non of them came back with any form of reply which to me was extremely rude and extremely bad customer.

The food was just as bad as its service. I applaud the photographer for making the menu look so palatable. Again, unfortunately the taste of my burger falls short of what I have expected and their wings are just so normal and it was a bit undercook as the inside of the wings was still red.

Never in my life have I discourage people to go eat at any restaurant no matter how bad the food is. BWB has made a first and yes I strongly discourage people to go eat at this place unless you get the kick of being treated badly and being serve undercook food.