Reviews for Cacio e Pepe Restaurant

3.9

EuropeanItalianWestern

So so Italian fare

Parking space is very limited. Went there without reservation and had to sit outside. Got to swat flies from my food... Seafood soup was a tad too salty, but still rather delicious. Breaded lamb was good. Skip the carbonara.
• 12 Apr 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

So so Italian fare

• 22 Feb 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Not-so-good an experience

Overall
The drive to Cacio e Pepe wasn't very painful once you get to hillview. However, I was pretty disappointed with the overall experience. We heard that the pasta with truffle cream and vongole were recommended so after researching, my partner and I decided to go and try these two dishes, and maybe settle for a dessert. One of the bosses was really nice to tell us more about the pasta with truffle cream ($24) which I really appreciated. However, when we ordered just one plate of pasta (vongole was not available) and a coffee for two of us to share, I felt that the service changed. They gave me the feeling like we were ordering too little for just the two of us, which made me pressurised to order a dessert. Which I did. The lava cake ($13) was not warm enough and had clumps of chocolate. On the contrary, I do understand that the lava cake is hard to perfect. When footing for the bill, I tried to catch the attention of the other boss to smile at her but she did not turn the eye. The truffle pasta was great but a little too rich/thick for my liking. I am not sure if I'll come back again.
• 22 May 2014 • 2 reviews • 10 followers

No more hustle and bustle at over-rated places elsewhere!

Overall
Somehow stumbled upon some reviews of the place and was intrigued by the reviews I saw. They weren't your usual reviews but users used the words "Hidden gem", "rare find" etc... That was something unusually delightful so I had to check it out! When we reached the place, the whole setting seemed totally homey and dull in the good kind of way. The restaurant menu, décor, ambience seemed to slow time down and transform our dinner into an experience. Good eating places these days require a fair bit of booking, shoving, q-ing and it simply turns the dinner mood into a quick, rushed affair. So you could see why I was absolutely pleased! We were tucked into our table and given quaint but simple menus to order from. The server announced some specials for the day which was good as it shows they do customize their dishes so it won't be the same old stuff everyday!

Read more at my blog!