Review for Cacio e Pepe Restaurant

EuropeanItalianWestern
Address: 3 Chu Lin Road, 669890
22 Mar 2014
Overall

A quiet Italian meal in suburba

We were delighted to find this restaurant close to our home and made a date to have dinner there.

Food:  We had the burato mozzarella cheese and it was well made and served.  The squid rings were also well fried and the sauce interesting.  Pastas:  The seafood pasta in tomato, mushroom and scallops cabonara, were delicious, fresh sauce and fresh seafood used in all dishes.  The calzone was made from fresh dough (can smell the yeast) and my favourite dish was the meat lovers main course - samples of their meats:  lamb, beef, chicken piled into a pyramid.  Delicious food all round.  Had the lava cake too,  so so.

Value:  pricey but the good ingredients account for it.

Service: A bit understaffed but the lady server managed it pretty well for a weekday night.

Ambience:  Quiet, comfortable and friendly.
Seafood cabonara pasta, Seafood tomato pasta, Mozzarella Burato

More reviews of Cacio e Pepe Restaurant

lunchie

Tucked away in a quiet suburban location, we endeavor to create a relaxed Italian dining experience with authentic Italian cuisine using highest quality ingredients. The restaurant can easily sit 50 people and provide group events as required.  Free ample parking is available.  The kitchen serves lunch and dinner daily and the coffee bar is always opened for coffee and deserts. my friend ordered this fish dish we doesnt look appealing to me. but to our surprise, it doesnt taste fishy. and it is served as a whole fish in a pastry! it is very yummy!

So so Italian fare

Parking space is very limited. Went there without reservation and had to sit outside. Got to swat flies from my food... Seafood soup was a tad too salty, but still rather delicious. Breaded lamb was good. Skip the carbonara.

Not-so-good an experience

The drive to Cacio e Pepe wasn't very painful once you get to hillview. However, I was pretty disappointed with the overall experience. We heard that the pasta with truffle cream and vongole were recommended so after researching, my partner and I decided to go and try these two dishes, and maybe settle for a dessert. One of the bosses was really nice to tell us more about the pasta with truffle cream ($24) which I really appreciated. However, when we ordered just one plate of pasta (vongole was not available) and a coffee for two of us to share, I felt that the service changed. They gave me the feeling like we were ordering too little for just the two of us, which made me pressurised to order a dessert. Which I did. The lava cake ($13) was not warm enough and had clumps of chocolate. On the contrary, I do understand that the lava cake is hard to perfect. When footing for the bill, I tried to catch the attention of the other boss to smile at her but she did not turn the eye. The truffle pasta was great but a little too rich/thick for my liking. I am not sure if I'll come back again.
Overall

No more hustle and bustle at over-rated places elsewhere!

Somehow stumbled upon some reviews of the place and was intrigued by the reviews I saw. They weren't your usual reviews but users used the words "Hidden gem", "rare find" etc... That was something unusually delightful so I had to check it out!

When we reached the place, the whole setting seemed totally homey and dull in the good kind of way. The restaurant menu, décor, ambience seemed to slow time down and transform our dinner into an experience. Good eating places these days require a fair bit of booking, shoving, q-ing and it simply turns the dinner mood into a quick, rushed affair. So you could see why I was absolutely pleased! We were tucked into our table and given quaint but simple menus to order from. The server announced some specials for the day which was good as it shows they do customize their dishes so it won't be the same old stuff everyday!

Read more at my blog!