Back to Cafe MosaicCarlton Hotel, 76 Bras Basah Road

Buffet11 votes

DreamLove Eat
 • 15 Apr 2014 50 reviews 1 follower
Overall
Read my full review with more pictures

There is a good variety. From soup...chinese food...sashimi...salad...cold dishes...DESSERTS! The ambience is good for gatherings and business lunches. The service is swift and efficient. Only sad thing is they didn't serve fresh oysters.

Must tries: Desserts - cakes

Buffet, Business Dining

Chong WK Terence
 • 13 Nov 2013 1 review 0 follower
Appraise

The oysters and other cold seafoods such as sashimi, mussels are really freash and juicy! One thing is really a must try is there cakes. They have plenty cakes ranging from slices of cheese & blackforest cake to an entire cream cake. This is really commendable as their cakes can really sooth your taste buds !!!! Their daily boiled chinese herb soups have very strong flavour and taste.

Improvements

The sushi are nice but lack variety. Same for the furits, cooked dishes and ice creams flavours. There are a variety of hot drinks but not much choices for chilled drinks.

Must tries: seafood platter, black forest cake, Desserts - cakes

Children/Family

Matthew Choo
 • 15 Oct 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Had dinner today at Cafe Mosaic. We had the 1-for-1 buffet dinner deal, so it was worth the money.

Overall, it was a good experience. The taste of the food was palatable, with some dishes that stood out, such as the tandoori chicken. The desserts in particular, were splendid, such as the tiramisu cake and the dark chocolate hot pudding with vanilla sauce. However, it was quite limited in variety.

The ambience of the restaurant is pleasant, although not the ideal place if you're on a date as it may get noisy as the restaurant caters to a large crowd. But the service staff was extremely friendly, and attended to our every need.

Given that we had the 1-for-1 deal, for a group of 4, my dad paid a total of $160, which makes it $40 per pax which is quite worth the money. However, without the deal, I would be more reserved with my compliments.

Must tries: black forest cake, Tiramisu Cake

Ala Carte, Birthdays, Buffet, Children/Family, Large Groups, Large Groups/Gathering, Nice Deco, Parties, Vibrant/Noisy