Review for Cafe Mosaic

GreekInternationalMediterraneanWestern
Address: Carlton Hotel, 76 Bras Basah Road, 189558
05 Oct 2009

Dinner @ Café Vic

Currently serving up international buffet dinner at $45++, I must say it is probably one of the cheapest dinner buffets around.

Like every buffet spread, they have their salad bar, cold cut platter, seafood, sushi, live cooking section etc. Thought the selection was small and the food was mediocre. Service wise, I was pretty much ignored. Had to ask the waitress to refill water 3 times and for her to clear my piling plates.

I dined during the period of their Durian promo(back in July)so they had a series of durian-infused sweet treats – Durian Crème brûlée, chocolate durian cake, durian puffs, durian pudding, durian ice cream. A little bizarre sounding for my non-durian-fan dining partner, but if you love durian ( which I didn't had a problem with) u're gonna love the durian puffs.

Likewise, pictures of the place/food in the url above.
Durian puffs

More reviews of Cafe Mosaic

Overall

Perfect For Family Gatherings/Birthday Celebrations!

I booked Mosiac Cafe for my dad's birthday celebration yesterday, enticed by its 1-for-1 promo. We were all pleasantly surprised, that the service is amazing and the food though little in variations, was good quality. One of the waiters specially got my attention and directed me to where the oysters were, even though I didn't ask for it. We especially liked that the roast beef was tender and juicy, and not heavy on the palate. The teppanyaki veggies were also fresh and tasty. After we had finished our meal, another waiter brought out the cake that we had bought (without asking) with lighted candles and presented it to my dad. Thank you Mosiac Cafe, for giving us such a good memory, with your impeccable service and quality food!

very good bussiness !!!

try call n call n call to enquiry but nobody picking up lol very good bussiness think i skip this place ..................................................................................................................

Not many varieties...

(Read the full review and photos herehttp://mediumrareandothers.blogspot.com/2015/06/cafe-mosaic-bugis-carlton-hotel.html)

We've always walked passed this place and wondered what's with the happy faces of the people inside?
 And finally, a card promotion (one-for-one) finally allowed us to have the chance to dive into this buffet without much consideration. At $91 after taxes, it works out to be less than $50 per pax.

Which honestly, we'd suggest you skip this place.

They were doing some promotions on bountiful seafood, but honestly, other than oysters, mussels, prawns, endless salmon sashimi, there's not much variety. No crabs, no crayfishes, no Alaskan King Crab legs. Stuff yourself silly with salmon sashimi. And a salad station.

Live stations, there was laksa, which was quite tasty, and LOTS OF SAUTEED vegetables. Kang Kong, cabbage, beansprouts, sh!take mushrooms, dou miao. We ate the most dou miao ever in our lives.

Carving station, they only had roast beef. That's it.

Chinese food, they had your usual soy sauce fish slices, rice, etc.

The desserts station consisted of only...

(Read the full review and photos herehttp://mediumrareandothers.blogspot.com/2015/06/cafe-mosaic-bugis-carlton-hotel.html)

Valentine Day dinner (backdated review) - lovely

So, in lieu of the usual ala carte dinners of past years at French / Italian restaurants, it was my turn to plan for this year. I did some research and comparison, and decided to give Cafe Mosaic's Valentine's Buffet package a try. Cafe Mosaic is a contemporary cafe serving East-meets-West concept cuisine.

Nicely decorated with sugar-carved figurines and balloons, resplendent of romantic red-and-pink themes suitable for Valentine's Day, we could see that we were not the only ones eager for celebration at this new cafe. Many well-dressed couples were already at the door, lining up when we got there at 6.30pm.

We started with appetizers like salad and seafood and slowly worked our way through the Japanese delicacies and Chinese dimsum items. The spread had quite a few variety and assortments of items - typical buffet items. We dined to soft music playing in the background, and rather good service of the service crew who constantly came to check if we were good with our food etc.

I could not resist desserts of course - and they had plenty of cakes and chocolates decorated in lovely heart-shaped themes as well. Needless to say, these were very sweet endearments and the perfect finish to a savoury dinner.

For full review and photographs, please feel free to visit:

mosaic cafe

A wide variety of deserts ... Great place to be . Brought my family there ... Great place to celebrate your birthday .