Cafe Oliv has closed.

Review for (Closed) Cafe Oliv

Address: 220 East Coast Road, 428917
30 Dec 2011 • 5 Reviews • 0 Follower

Terrible Service

I made a reservation for my family to dine at the restaurant at 7.30pm tonight (Friday night). I had purchased some online discount vouchers and had followed the instructions on the vouchers to make the required reservation.

The restaurant was crowded both inside and out when we arrived. We approached a lady server at the restaurant entrance to tell her we had a reservation. She gave a hassled nod and went into the restaurant...she never came back. After waiting in confusion for a while, we decided to enter the restaurant to find another server. We approached a young male server this time, and informed him we had a 7.30 reservation. He checked the reservation book, then looked up and announced that all the preceding reservations had arrived late, so none of the tables are available yet?! We therefore asked the logical question of how long did we have to wait for our table then. He didn't even bother to answer that inquiry before turning away from us to carry on with whatever other task he had!

We stood around with the rest of the perplexed waiting crowd, watching the weekend dinner chaos which the restaurant was definitely not equipped to handle. From conversations around us we gather we weren't the only customers who had made reservations for dinner but arrived to find that our reservation was not fulfilled. What is the use of requiring reservations to be made then??

It wasn't only the service that was abysmal. Parking around the area was also terrible. There were 5 of us in the dinner party, and we arrived in 3 separate cars. 2 of the cars were unable to get any parking despite circling around for 20min. Since we were completely ignored and the rest of our party could not find parking, we decided to cut our losses at 7.50pm and left for an alternative dinner spot.

This is a really unpleasant 1st impression of the restaurant, if not for the vouchers i'll never return again. Would not have purchased those vouchers if not for the stellar reviews preceding mine on HGW. As the situation stands I'm going to try to get a refund on those vouchers because I really have no interest in trying out the food here. No matter how good the food may be, such poor service will still result in a bitter aftertaste in my mouth.