Back to CafebizLevel 1, Traders Hotel Singapore, 1A Cuscaden Road

High Tea3 votes

Priyankac
 • 18 Oct 2013 160 reviews 1 follower
Overall
Cafebiz at Traders Hotel nods to spring in their popular lunchtime International buffet. The menu is actually inspired by flowers, fruit and tea (for the months of March and April) and the food is infused with their goodness. Savour creations such as scallops ceviche infused with jasmine tea and yuzu vinaigrette, poached seafood in spicy roselle broth and a glazed Lapsang Souchang chicken – all delightfully light on the palate. Other mainstays of the buffet are the roasted meat corner, laksa and fresh seafood on ice. Read more Best Buffets reviews here http://www.hungrygowhere.com/gallery/52-best-buffets-in-singapore-*gid-fc280400/photos/#2bdf0700

Brunch, Buffet, Lunch

Edward Sim
 • 03 Oct 2013 8 reviews 0 follower
Overall
We utilised the credit card 1 for 1 dinner buffet on a wed for a total of $58++. Our 2 children below 6 dined for free. Initially the place was fully booked when i called but during my 2nd call, i asked if i can go over and wait in case where are no shows for some reservations. i wanted to celebrate my bdae there. A lady named Kelly then asked me how many people are going, i replied 4 of which are 2 adults and 2 kids. she placed us at the lounge seating area and will push us into the better seating once available. i agreed to this arrangement. A few mins after the call ended, she called to inform that there are some seats available inside.

during the dinner, my wife and i were surprised with the array of food available and immediately felt the buffet was definitely the best hotel buffet we had tried. the taste of most of the food did not disappoint. The taste of the penang laksa (their theme is currently Penang and International) immediately put a grin to my wife's face as it reminded her of the same taste we tried in Penang itself.

Regarding service, they are quite good particularly an Indian service staff who was very attentive, helpful and polite. But there were also some very standard service that lacks sincerity.

Overall, in the future, I would still go even without the 1 for 1 promo as long as my kids below 6 dine for free.

In the short term, I reckon that this will be a likely favourite dining destination for the next 3 months when my family have the craving for a hotel international buffet on Monday to Thursday as the credit card 1 for 1 promo will run until Dec 31, 2013.

I would definitely not want to miss this value for money buffet with the current promo.

ms-skinnyfat
 • 29 Sep 2013 212 reviews 41 followers
Overall

For more reviews and pictures, visit www.ms-skinnyfat.com

I'm not sure if you have noticed but Penang is quite a big weekend destination for Singaporeans these days. The association with delicious hawker food, other than its UNESCO World Heritage status, is certainly a huge draw for us foodies. If you do not have the time to hop on a flight to Penang, Traders Hotel Singapore is showcasing the flavours of Penang at Cafebiz and Ah Hoi’s Kitchen till 31 October 2013.

Guest chefs Lim Thow Shong and Ridzuan Bin Mat from Golden Sands Resort Penang will prepare a menu comprising popular Penang dishes, including Char Kway Teow, Assam Laksa, Hokkien Mee, Assam Prawns, Chicken Curry Kapitan, Rojak, Tau Kwa Sumbat, Nasi Goreng Teluk Bahang, Loh Bak, Mee Goreng Mamak Penang and Curry Mee. These dishes are featured on a rotating menu for the Cafebiz buffet, together with a range of international cuisine. A selection of six dishes will be available for dinner at Ah Hoi’s Kitchen.

The Assam Prawns were one of my favorite dishes of the lot. The sauce was pretty much the rojak sauce which is made of a pungent, sweet and sour prawn paste. I've never had prawns cooked with this sauce before so it was rather refreshing.

I love my prawn noodles dry, with plenty of chili and shallots (my favorite is Blanco Court's, read review here!) but i took to Cafe Biz's soupy version with rice vermicelli. The broth was a little on the sweet side but it was adequately savory and rich enough.

I must be the only crazy person at the tasting to think that the Assam Laksa could be more sour. This made me crave for the uber spicy Nyonya Laksa i had in Malacca (read about it here)!

There were some hits and misses with the Penang dishes at the buffet. The Chicken Curry Kapitan smelled better than it tasted. I found the rempah (spices) too bland. The Penang Char Kway Teow was also very meh. I took 1 bite and that was about it. The biggest hit was probably the Pengat Pisang dessert. Think a rich gula melaka (brown sugarcane sugar) with coconut broth and mushy bananas and you have a hit.

The buffet selection may be rather limited but the lobster claws and prawns from the seafood section had me going back for seconds. The roast duck was surprisingly good, and so was the chicken rice. The braised pig trotters were flying off the line too!

The Penang Food Promotion at Cafebiz is priced at $47 for the weekday Buffet Lunch and $58 for the weekend Brunch. Dinner buffet is priced at $58 from Monday to Wednesday and $63 from Thursday to Sunday.