Summary

Service3
Cakes, Signature Chocolate Pralet Cake, Mum's Curry Chicken, Ayam Tempra, Beef Burger, Bacon and Avocado Panini, Blackforest, Fish & Chips, Irish Bailey Cake, Laksa, Low Calories Laksa, Mandarin Orange Cheese Cake, Mee Siam, Mushroom Soup in Bread Bowl, Seafood Baked Rice, Sour Plum Cooler, Spicy Shrimp Aglio Olio, Tiramisu mousse n gui hua cake, Tofu burger, chocolate cake, raspberry cake, rose tea View all
Lunch, Quiet, Dinner, Hidden Find, Cheap Eat/Budget, Children/Family, Healthy Eating, After Work, Brunch, High Tea, Take Away, Large Groups/Gathering, Breakfast, Girls Night Out, Chillout, Business Dining, Vegetarians View all

great place for a family dinner

I have read the previous comments. But have a different experience in the cafe. Maybe because it wasn't during lunch hour that I visited. I personally love their Asian cuisine! The staff there were fairly polite as well.
Their cakes are exceptionally good, it isn't too sweet unlike some cafe's - overly sweet.

Most helpful reviews for Caffe Pralet

No intergrity, we called to reserve some croissant, they confirm, when we arrive, they say sold out.

Service 1

On a Saturday, all Tiong Bahru cafes are crowded, they have only 2 customers and it was 11 am  and they say sold out, obviously trying to get us there and then hope that we will order their left over cakes. Sorry, this doesnt work and I condemned this place. Dont even go near them. I will tell all my friends, at least 250 of them,

Not coming back for a long long time...

I work in the Tiong Bahru area, and my colleagues and I frequent Caffe Pralet (at least once a month). One thing to note about this café: If you only have a strict one hour lunch break, DON'T come here. The few times we were here, it takes an average of half an hour for food to be served.

Today, it took more than an hour! I made an order for 4 items: Cream of Mushroom in a bread bowl, Roasted Chicken Sandwich, a Seafood Baked Rice and a slice of Blackforest Cake. The order was made at 12:31 (according to the receipt). There were a large table of about 10 and another table of 2 ladies before us.

After 45 minutes and NO food on the table, I requested for the cake to be served first. Note that half the table of 10 and the 2 ladies were not served yet. We asked the staff at the counter, only to be told that they had already rushed the kitchen, and would serve us cookies to munch on for the time being.

My seafood baked rice came at 13:28, close to an hour wait, and after 2 rounds of chasing. Do you know what you get for chasing the kitchen staff to cook your food? You get food that's uncooked (yay.) Here's a picture of the uncooked fish found in my seafood baked rice.  http://imageshack.com/a/img24/6504/8ccu.jpg

I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one with uncooked food. One of the ladies from the other table had returned half her baked rice and also pointed at some meat on her plate (I'm assuming that means something was wrong with it).

The bread bowl came about 5 minutes later. Still, no sign of the roast chicken sandwich. All the staff could say was "it's coming already ma'am. I've already chased the kitchen". My colleague got really mad and demanded for a refund instead. This was at about 13:40. We had to gobble up our food and rush back to the office. My colleague had to do a take-away at the coffee shop opposite.

Dear owner/staff of Caffe Pralet, you're in one of the most happening estates in Singapore with the best food places. Please do something about your service time and your food quality. It's not that the queue was SO long that we had to wait an hour for food to be served. Plates were coming out of the kitchen at barely 1 plate per 5 minutes. Do you only have one chef in the kitchen during lunch hour? And despite giving you an hour to prepare my food, I'm still served uncooked fish?

Sorry to say but my colleagues and I will be boycotting this place for now. So many better places in Tiong Bahru to have lunch.

Good Experience

Nice food and ambience with reasonable price. No gst and service charge and cosy.

So-so Cafe, Worst Food Ever :(

-First time visit to the cafe after reading the news article on this cafe few days ago;

-First impression: The cafe starting to look a little tired and service lacking (staff needed know-how);

-I gave a try to the the seafood baked rice that was advertised as the most popular dish on the menu;

-However, the version of this cheese baked rice turned out disastrously, and probably the worst cheese baked rice that I've ever eaten. Just a bed of rice top with only 2 prawns, and the melted cheese has also given me many headaches. Badly done cheesy crust and I like it to be smooth and saucy, instead it turned stringy, and it did separate... Result: Atrocious :(

- The popular signature Pralet cake that made were just "eh"... it was edible... okay let me rephrase. It tasted OK... Nothing too special about it though.

-Overall: Disappointed.