Reviews for Candlenut Kitchen (Dorsett)

3.9

AsianNonyaPeranakan

Authentic Peranakan cuisine @ Dorsett Residences

For full review and pics, do visit therantingpanda.comThe Place Candlenut touts itself as an inspired Peranakan cuisine and I have been wanting to try it for the longest time, given that I am quite a fan of Peranakan fare. Located near Outram Park MRT, the restaurant has a casual setting with a homely ambience. Candlenut is one of the many merchants on The Entertainer 2015 App, which offers 1-for-1 dining deals for holders of the app or book.The Food We decided to order all our favourite dishes, and we thought the best starter is the Kueh Pie Tee ($8). The amazing part about Candlenut is that all their paste and sauces are homemade and there is no MSG in their food, which we totally appreciate. I like the idea of making my own Kueh Pie Tee, which also came with braised turnips, pork belly and prawns filling. The crispy cone was one of the main reasons I am addicted to this dish.
• 14 Mar 2015 • 212 reviews • 1 follower

Authentic Peranakan cuisine @ Dorsett Residences

• 20 Dec 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Poor yet great services. Good foods.

Overall
My friend and I were visiting Candlenut on 16th December 2014 and honestly said, we encountered some bad issues and good things.

Kinda sad, We had not so good first impression to the restaurant as the hostess seemed did not really welcome us. We were slightly late from our appointment and we apologized as it was kinda hard for us to find the restaurant. Hostess remained silent and smile and looked like she didn't give a d*** on what were we talking.

I was feel ashamed with my friend, who was previously a hotel restaurant manager and has travelled all the way from Shanghai, as he felt displeasure and uncomfortable in the first place.

SERVICE:
 server who served the food, a.k.a runner, was somewhat harsh. A little bit harsh and rush in serving the foods. He has successfully surprised us with the loud voices whenever he served the foods. truthfully saying, somehow we feel irritated with it.

Server -
 We was delighted with the service and the server, who named Yessica Suriya, has mannerly served us as the customers. it began when we asked for food recommendation and before she recommended the foods, she asked for our food preferences and allergies. As a restaurant manager of five stars hotel in his previous career, My friend said he was impressed with the girl first question as it was very rare to hear it as the first question and it indicated the server has showed care towards the customers. it's a good thing to know the customers needs and allergies before you recommended a food.

Yessica personality is confident, warm and cheerful which has successfully made the guest feel appreciated and welcomed. She is communicative and when she found out there were some issues that caused us felt displeasured, she sincerely apologized and tried to divert our attention regarding the displeasure. to be honest, her communication skills has implicitly taken our displeasure away.

FOOD
 The foods were delicious and suit our tastes. The desserts were beyond expectation.
 Buah Kluwak Ice Cream and Durian Soup were superb. Round applauses for the chefs especially the dessert's chef

LOCATION
 slightly hard to be found.
• 22 Nov 2014 • 246 reviews • 1 follower

lovely, delicious peranakan food

Overall
hotos and more: https://andmorefood.wordpress.com/2014/11/19/candlenut-kitchen-dorsett-residences-at-outram-park/

lovely, delicious peranakan food at this modern restaurant along the perimeter of the dorsett residences. the food is properly executed with finesse, and it comes dished out in a style you’d associate with european dining.   I’m very impressed with this place – dishes that taste both nostalgic and refined, service is friendly and ready, and we finished our meal with a lady who was sharp and just prickly enough to feel like you’re dealing with a true peranakan aunt.   it’s also convenient, and reasonably priced – really, what more?
Overall
  • buah keluak chocolate dessert