Summary

Value2
Cheongfun, Crispy Pork Buns View all

dont try Dim Sum

Taste not good and is very bad. Liu sha bao, the filing is not liu at all, like a lotus bao. Taro puff, taste not good, cha siew pao no taste and skin too dry and hard, xiao long bao gravy tasteless, cheong fan with prawn: skin too thick the flour taste weird, luckily we ordered the bacon and cheese is the best and the tea is just normal. Overall : Please dont come here! We fell from paradise to hell!

Most helpful reviews for Canton Paradise (Compass Point)

Soapy Taste

I ordered porridge and transferred some to a small bowl for my son. The porridge taste ok from the big bowl. But when I tasted the porridge from the small bowl, it had a very soapy taste. Suspecting that the bowl was not cleaned properly and had detergent on it, I informed the waitress. To my amazement, the waitress brushed me aside and told me that it's was just the taste of the porridge. Only after I shown them another bowl for comparison, they relented and changed the porridge and bowl for me. I would definitely expect better hygiene standards and customer service from a restaurant like them!!

Canton Paradise

The standard of dishes don't justify the exorbitant amount we had spent on the meal. Even though there was a wide variety of food, most of the dishes were in small portions and they were nothing spetacular. Taste-wise, there were a few hits-and-misses that didn't live up to my expectations. The xiaolongbao was a disappointment with the meager broth and unimpressionable flavour.

The only few dishes that were decent was the chicken feet with black bean, the wok-fried black pepper pork, the french beans, the crackling pork belly, and the wok-fried beef with scallion. Honestly, tze char stalls would have offered better tasting dishes.

The time it took for our fried rice to be prepared was more than half an hour. Though the staff was prompt in clearing plates and refilling drinks, the waiting time for the dish was still rather ridiculous.

I don't think I'll go back again.

For full review: http://awwsnapz.blogspot.sg/2014/12/canton-paradise.html

Nice Place for a taste of Cantonese cuisine

Canton Paradise sells not only Cantonese food, but also famous dishes from other branches of Chinese cuisine, such as Shanghai and Beijing.  However, their best dishes are still Cantonese dishes in my opinion.

The place is nicely decorated, but the distance between tables is a bit on the narrow side, so you may feel a bit cramped.

For more details and photos, please visit: http://fearstar.blogspot.sg/2014/11/canton-paradizecompass-point.html

A Paradise in the Northeast?

For a full review and pictures, pls visit http://therantingpanda.wordpress.com/

The Place I have been in a frantic search for the Crispy Pork Buns of Tim Ho Wan ever since I first tried it in Hong Kong. To say that I am excited is a serious understatement as I could barely contain my excitement the moment I heard from my friends that Canton Paradise has replicated Tim Ho Wan’s Crispy Pork Buns. I will be sharing my experience in Hong Kong’s Tim Ho Wan in a separate post.