Reviews for Capricci

EuropeanItalianWesternWine
Address: 27 Tanjong Pagar Road, 088450

30 May 2015

Decent Italian fare

I'd passed by this place any number of times and one day decided to give it a try. The people are and the service friendly and welcoming. The atmosphere is also pleasant. There is a nice variety to the food menu and, for lunch, in addition to the a la carte menu, they have a set menu and a buffet (this is really good value at $15). I've been back a few times since have tried a variety of dishes on their menu. On the whole it's good, though I tend to find their food on the salty side and think they need to pare that back. Their pizzas are decent, and they do a long fermentation of the dough, though I wouldn't come here just for the pizza. The lamb chops are quite nice.
lamb cutlet, tiramisu, panna cotta

More reviews of Capricci

Overall

Bad food, horrendous service!

The mushroom soup was average, prawn and asparagus risotto bland, but the real kicker was the truffle sausage risotto which was so salty we couldn't eat it at all.

We wanted to highlight it to the staff but they essentially ignored us for over 5 minutes. When we finally called a waiter who walked past our table, he brushed us off saying that he was "in the middle of something" and went off without even listening to what we want.

When we finally managed to get a staff's attention, instead of bringing it back to the kitchen or even being apologetic, she simply told us that they used a standard amount of salt in all their risottos, so the sausage one will be salty and that it's us who didn't like the taste of their food.

Seriously? Any decent chef should know that if ingredients are salty, you reduce the salt added and vice versa. Even my 17 year old cousin knows that. If capricci's chef doesn't even know that then he shouldn't be cooking at all. It's not even just slightly saltier, it was so salty we couldn't actually eat it and had to return it uneaten. And instead of offering to make us a new plate or refunding that item, they tell us it's us that it's not their dish, it's our taste buds? What kind of service is that?

To make things worse, we were quite upset by then and wanted to cancel our desserts and just leave. Of course, after 5 minutes of trying to get the attention of a waiter we were ignored again, so I walked up to the counter to cancel our desserts... And the counter staff had the cheek to lecture me with "next time don't order first", like it was our fault now for inconveniencing him with a cancellation.

Capricci totally ruined our New Year's Eve dinner.
Overall

overpriced, slow service and hot environment

Average food and overpriced. Slow service even though not crowded. Hot environment because there's a big open frontage with air curtains, even though there's fan and aircon, exposed to traffic air pollution.
Overall

Trying their famous tiramisu as recommended by epicure

Today, I went capricci for desert. Their tiramisu is slightly better then average, price is around $18 before taxes n service charge which is on steep side. To me , I will definitely wont go back again as I can get better quality of tiramisu from *poulet* & Galbiati Gourmet Pte Ltd which is cheaper by 50 percent. Secondly, the attitude of staff is bad. As we tell them that we are going to have dessert only , they gave us a w** face. Overpriced desert + lousy service staff = nv patronize them again.

Capricci

Visited Capricci with my special someone this Valentine's Day and it turned out nice. This is our first time here but we had good recommendations from close friends. We loved the raw interior decorations, very authentic and warm.

The food was acceptable and the few dishes we remembered was that the tuna appetizer was nicefresh the truffle rice was to die for... Yes truffle rice! Both of us were very impressed with this dish! Unforgettable!

One thing to note was that