Crispy Pratas5 votes
People Watching3 votes

Karen Yeo
 • 16 Nov 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Went today lunch. Waited 10 mins for orders to be taken. Can't even tell me to wait politely. Dun go if u have to rush for time especially.

Aidan Hulk
 • 01 Nov 2014 2 reviews 5 followers
Overall
I have always favoured this hideout of a prata shop, cosily situated along the suburban belts of old upper Thomson road, and would stop by every now and then for the creature comforts it offers. After all, decent north/south Indian cuisine is rarely found at a place with plausible ambience. Sadly, service standards have dropped tremendously. Just this morning, I pulled over for brunch. Staff were aplenty but all of whom lacked the proactivity in tending to waiting customers (whom appeared to be very apparently waiting and not doing much else). In all fairness, the restaurant was bustling at that hour and so we decided to wait. 15 mins flew passed. I decided if someone had to show more zest in making things happen, that person had to be me. And so I approached not one, not two, not even three, but four good Indian gentlemen with sheer determination in trying to place my order. Much to my dismay, all of them wanted me to continue waiting by the table (ah yes, the empty table which was not yet wiped clean by the way). Of which, two of whom demanded rather rudely that I seat myself back. The fourth and the last bloke I asked pointed me to a more elderly staff, saying "he takes orders". This was the point where I think I might have raised a brow and rolled eyes. Without much choice, I reluctantly turned to that man, only to be made to return to the table yet once more. My wife suggested we left but I had to see for myself how long more they would let us wait. I was so bored, I counted the number of staff, there were easily over a dozen but all of whom had no wish to wait tables. If this isn't irony, I don't know what is! Finally our order was taken some 10 minutes later. The rest of the experience was nothing worth mentioning. Fast forward to the payment bit... Money was handed to the cashiering person with both my hands but change came back tossed onto the empty space well off my opened and wide-stretched palm. Viola! A most apt closure to the very abhorrent dining experience. Was it some sort of a silent plead for tips? I cannot tell but I am pretty sure that this would never work on Singaporeans. Seriously, I wouldn't give a cent more than I should, even if I had an one cent coin on me (the rarity of one cent coins these days considered)! I felt so sorry for myself... I wasn't even that hungry... LOL! I shall end this off with two words - Never again.

ieatandeat
 • 06 Oct 2014 116 reviews 0 follower
Overall
When one talks about Roti Prata, it is without a doubt that they will mention Casuarina Curry, for after all they’ve been in Singapore since 1992 and they are still going strong!

Casuarina Curry serves a wide variety of prata, curry, noodles and rice/biryani. On this most recent trip, we discovered that Casuarina Curry also does catering! One of the packages for only $15 per pax actually provides prata to be made on the spot by one of the skilled prata chefs.

Overall, Carsuarina Curry serves reasonably good roti prata and curry, prata are not oily at all which you would not feel too guilty when gobble down a few pieces more. Both the Mutton and Chicken curry are savoury. The paper prata is something you should not miss as well.

Please refer to www.ieatandeat.com for details review.

Must tries: kosong prata