Reviews for Casuarina Curry Restaurant (Casuarina Road)

2.9

AsianHalalIndianSouth Indian
Address: 138 Casuarina Road, 579526

10 Feb 2015
Overall

One of my fav prata place

-the prata here is bigger than usual and cost the same!
-noodle dishes are all good
-rice dishes are not bad
-value average
-ambience.. i like.
-quite peaceful, hardly any big groups will eat here
-service is good but they tend to chat among themselves too much till they leave the dish at the serving area
-overall good, recommended, if you can find a good parking lot
Crispy Pratas, Egg prata, masala

More reviews of Casuarina Curry Restaurant

Overall

Rude, average food, overly hyped

Their food is very average to lower end, which I wouldn't recommend anyone to dine. The older cashier is very rude. Likes to mumble, and when you ask him to repeat, he will curse at you in Tamil, thinking you don't understand Tamil. So what if he's the management? Rude rude... plus I ordered Roti John, the meat was badly charred, it's dark and very bitter, worst, it smells horrible like burnt hair!!! I threw the roti away.
Other food was below average, those really tasted real briyani and prata, etc from Persia, India, etc will tell you this one's lacklustre.
From that ROTI incident and constant rudeness, I won't go back there again.
Overall

Bad service and forgettable prata

I used to frequent this place years back. We liked the place and simple ambience with good hot pratas. However, guess the food in our Singapore is heading to the worse, and casuarina prata is not spared either. I know for the fact that service here can be really slow and unattentive. Well, that was one reason why we stopped visiting the place. Recently, we decided to go back give it a shot. What can I say, it was worse than before. Tables left uncleaned though it wasn't at a busy time. And staffs were all, I don't know, hiding inside and just standing, chit chatting away. So I decided to approach one of them, well, they insisted on me going back to my table and wait for them. I don't get that at all. Worse, they didn't even glance where I would be sitting. Ten minutes fly by and nothing, I decided to approach another staff, same reply. I was at my wit's end. So I went to buy drinks from neighbor HK zhi cha. And couldn't be bothered anymore. When the prata arrived. They looked and tasted exactly like heat up ones. They were kinda warm outside and cold inside, with the edge of my egg prata was totally cold and tasted so bland. Prata looked stale..too bad, the curry that day was quite good (though it was not hot). Seems to me that their standard had dropped drastically. Not going to talk about their service cos it was too bad an experience plus the way they replied us was like 0 service mind. Prata taste wise, there are aplenty out there with better texture. Which reminded me how funny it was that they won best prata (not sure which year). We would probably go back only if we were to be in the area and have sudden crave for prata, plus go with empty mind. Otherwise, i would rather drive further to sembawang road for the springleaf prata which is way better.
Overall

Lousy experience...who says best prata in singapore?

Went there on quite packed sat afternoon...waiter came in and just like the typical KL nasi mamak stall...the waiter macam participating china's "strongest brain" show...took order without jotting down and then hoho....came out missing cheese prata...then took order for my next table...again wrong orders...The chairs and tables are not comfy and the plates are quite slippery

place noisy nvm but the food is not that nice(only edible thing is the cheese prata and kwey teow goreng)...plain pratas taste like instant...the egg one also tasteless...the curry is so bland and watery that it wears off from the prata(1st time see this happening) so take it with sugar better.the tandoori chicken is not fragrant and quite dry..the ice teh and milo are so bland(more like drinking ice milk)..dunno how they manage to spoil the milo since it seems to be from machine

and the pratas turned cold quite fast so i felt like just hurried to finish my food...haiz i tink it shd be worst prata in singapore

Casuarina curry dinner experience

Just went for dinner, ordered fish head curry, found out that the taste of curry very strong until have a bitter taste but the fish was fresh and not fishy at all. Nasi Briyani was awful, very dry until cant chew and the vegetables not fresh at all. But I like the prata and naan. Coffee and teh Tarik also nice even tough a bit too sweet.