Summary

Value3
Crispy Pratas, kosong prata, Egg prata, masala, teh chino ice, Fish curry..., Freshly fried Vade, Upsized Mutabak, garlic prata, masala chicken, milo dinosaur, murtabak, paper thosai View all
Breakfast, Vibrant/Noisy, Supper, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Cheap Eat/Budget, Children/Family, Large Groups/Gathering, After Work, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Boys Night Out, Take Away, Chillout, People Watching View all

only during week days

Don't bother visiting this place during week ends. It is not meant to handle volume. Pratas are pre cooked during peak hours.

Most helpful reviews for Casuarina Curry Restaurant (Casuarina Road)

service is terrible!

Went today lunch. Waited 10 mins for orders to be taken. Can't even tell me to wait politely. Dun go if u have to rush for time especially.

THEY MAKE YOU PRATAS.

I have always favoured this hideout of a prata shop, cosily situated along the suburban belts of old upper Thomson road, and would stop by every now and then for the creature comforts it offers. After all, decent north/south Indian cuisine is rarely found at a place with plausible ambience. Sadly, service standards have dropped tremendously. Just this morning, I pulled over for brunch. Staff were aplenty but all of whom lacked the proactivity in tending to waiting customers (whom appeared to be very apparently waiting and not doing much else). In all fairness, the restaurant was bustling at that hour and so we decided to wait. 15 mins flew passed. I decided if someone had to show more zest in making things happen, that person had to be me. And so I approached not one, not two, not even three, but four good Indian gentlemen with sheer determination in trying to place my order. Much to my dismay, all of them wanted me to continue waiting by the table (ah yes, the empty table which was not yet wiped clean by the way). Of which, two of whom demanded rather rudely that I seat myself back. The fourth and the last bloke I asked pointed me to a more elderly staff, saying "he takes orders". This was the point where I think I might have raised a brow and rolled eyes. Without much choice, I reluctantly turned to that man, only to be made to return to the table yet once more. My wife suggested we left but I had to see for myself how long more they would let us wait. I was so bored, I counted the number of staff, there were easily over a dozen but all of whom had no wish to wait tables. If this isn't irony, I don't know what is! Finally our order was taken some 10 minutes later. The rest of the experience was nothing worth mentioning. Fast forward to the payment bit... Money was handed to the cashiering person with both my hands but change came back tossed onto the empty space well off my opened and wide-stretched palm. Viola! A most apt closure to the very abhorrent dining experience. Was it some sort of a silent plead for tips? I cannot tell but I am pretty sure that this would never work on Singaporeans. Seriously, I wouldn't give a cent more than I should, even if I had an one cent coin on me (the rarity of one cent coins these days considered)! I felt so sorry for myself... I wasn't even that hungry... LOL! I shall end this off with two words - Never again.

Casuarina Curry Restaurant

I ordered a combination of egg and onions with fish curry. Oh, yum yum… The curry tasted and smelt great. It was thick enough to dip the roti prata into the curry. Everything was blended to its perfection with the curry aroma. The curry was not too spicy, just right for my preferences.

Nice food, worth the wait

I was here on a Sunday afternoon, around 1.30pm.

There are many challenges eating here. First, you must be able to find a lot to park your car. Next, it is challenging to look for a table in the crowded restaurant. Once you are seated, you will find it a challenge to order your food as all the staff are soooo busy. Yes, be patient if you want to dine here. But my verdict is, it's worth the wait.

I had white rice with rendang mutton, fried chicken and fried fish. And I will say i love the food! The mutton is tender and full of flavour. The fried chicken and fish is marinated and fried to perfection. Maybe we were lucky that day that the food tasted so good despite the crowd.

I hope to be back soon, to try their pratas or nasi briyani.

Do not visit on weekends

The food standard drop dramatically on weekends because of too many people and the staffs cannot handle. At times, my doisai turns out brown and soggy on weekends but weekdays is fine.