Review for Cedele (Raffles City B1)

Address: #03-28A, Raffles City Shopping Centre, 252 North Bridge Road, 179103
04 Nov 2011

Natural Goodness

I went on a Saturday afternoon and was delighted to know that the cake + coffee/tea promotion was still on (I thought it would normally be a weekday afternoon tea promotion).

Had a hard time choosing which slice of cake I want but finally decided on the Gula Melaka Pandan Cake...and it TASTED SO GREAT!

This Pandan cake really stood out from the rest (the signature cheesecakes and sinful-heavenly chocoloate cakes..). Unlike the usual pandan cake you would normally think of - Singapore's famous pandan chiffon cake which is so soft and spongy - this one is a chilled cake with some gula melaka cream.

The cake was covered with a thin layer of cream (with a flavourful yet not too cloyingly sweet gula melaka taste) and some shredded coconut. I was surprised that hiddened between the cream and the spongy pandan cake was actually kaya! My favourite!

Kaya + cream + chilled cake...sounds like a weird combination but you'll never know how GOOD it tastes unless you TRY IT!

More reviews of Cedele

In my opinion, No other place does sandwich as good as Cedele, at least in S'pore.

I love their Rosemary Chicken sandwich very much.
It's very delicious and comforting, especially if you need a quick lunch yet a good break to fill you up before the next dash.

Their mushroom soup is really marvellous, densely populated w/ flavour each sip. Yummmmy!

When I purchased & consumed their food each time, this is what I thought of them: "NOTHING BUT THE BEST, QUALITY INGREDIENTS, RESPONSIBLY SOURCED"  (I saw this in their Raffles outlet)

Jason | Yummy We come! | |

decent food but poor customer service

Cedel in general is firendly
I really like the one Greenwich
Maybe this is one of experience

I am not sure this is the right one I was at the one at MBFC

They gave me a wrong sandwich and i approached with a gentleman manner and said is this the right one

they said this is what is it

i said this is not what i ordered, implying an appology

the staff said do you have a recipt !

sersiously I will come back and say a sandwich is wrong to get a free one

this is the richest place on the face of the earth and i cannot believe people will walk up and ask for a sandwich making a story to get a new one

is that what you believe Cedele

improve customer service or perish

singapore does not have a dearth of options

Cold, tough and dry

I'd dined a few times at a couple of outlets before but had always ordered soup with bread. On this occasion, I found myself at the basement of Raffles City the first day of CNY. As expected, most of the eating places were closed and I decided to buy a sandwich ($7.80) to go.

I chose rustic country white with sesame but got a ciabatta instead. It wouldn't have been an issue if the bread were tasty, but it's hard and dry. The roasted chicken avocado was equally unappealing. Not only was it cold, the chicken was tough and dry. There wasn't much dressing and the amount of avocado was pathetic. At least the lettuce and tomato were fresh but no way were they able to salvage the sandwich.

Barely halfway through it, I was contemplating what to do since it's horribly unappetizing and I loathed to waste food. Luckily I had bought a cup of yogurt ($2.60) as an afterthought. The vine passionfruits flavor complemented the sandwich surprisingly well. So it's one bite of sandwich with two scoops of yogurt and I managed to finish it right down to the last crumb.

I'd never have thought Cedele would serve customers with sandwiches of such poor quality. I was totally disappointed and just for the record, it's the most unpalatable sandwich I'd ever eaten!

Healthy & Organic Cakes!

Here is a summary of the cakes that we tried!

Apple & Nut Cheesecake

This is the first cake that we tried at Cedele. The cheese is so light, smooth & melts in the mouth! They give generous amount of sweet, thick apple slices in the cheesecake and we loved the crunchy strussel nut toppings on the cake!

J's & A's rating: 4.75/5

Carrot Walnut Cake

This is Cedele's best seller! Generous amount of shredded carrots & california walnuts with cream cheese frosting! The cream cheese was not too sweet & heavy! A generally healthy cake for the diet concious!

(J: I absolutely love the crunch of the walnut chunks in this cake and this cake is quite moist too!)

J's & A's ratings: 4.75/5

Blueberry Hazelnut Cheesecake

This cake was a bit disappointing as there is very little blueberries and it tasted just like normal cheesecake.

J's & A's rating: 3.5/5

Orange Macademia Cheesecake

This cake was pretty exotic as we had never tried orange cheesecake before.

(A: I didn't like this cake as I feel the orange taste was too strong for me.)

(J: I enjoy the tanginess of the orange in this macademia cheesecake which makes it special for me. Downside? The macademia arent crunchy at all.)

A's rating: 3/5, J's raing: 3.75/5

Chocolate Cookies & Cream Cheesecake

This was actually their new cheesecake! Generous amount of crushed oreos but we feel that the cheesecake would be better if it was softer and lighter. Bakerzin's cookies & cream cheesecake was better.

A's ratings: 3.5/5, J's ratings: 3/5

Banana Meringue Pie

This pie was a surprised! It was amazingly good! The white foam was actually egg whites and the whole combination tasted so good! With slices of banana at the bottom, this pie was crispy (crust), moist (egg white foam) & soft!

(J: The crust is slightly tad too sweet for me. I wish the banana slices could be fresher too. Particularly enjoy how e foam dissolves in my mouth~)

J's & A's ratings: 4.25/5

Blueberry Maple Cake

We love blueberries! And we always look forward to this cake as we wanted to try it out. But this cake was a little disappointing as we expected something even better. However, the cake was flavoured with maple syrup and we quite like it (J: Reminds me of e times in vancouver~)! But it could be better if there's a "WOW" factor.

J's & A's rating: 4.25/5

Chocolate Banana Espresso Cake

This is a soft chocolate cake sandwiched with fresh caramelized banana, topped with espresso chocolate frosting, and finished with crunchy walnut strussel, oat strussel!

What makes this cake unique is the oat strussel!

A's rating: 4.5/5, J's rating: 3.75/5

Black Sesame Cake with Tahini frosting

This is the cake that managed get to our top 3 list! Strong flavour of black sesame seeds reminds us of the black sesame paste! U can actually bite e individual sesame seeds. Do try it!

(J: Erm, e fig is tasteless.)

J's rating: 4.5/5, A's rating: 4.75/5

Raisin & Cranberry Scones

The scones here were quite disappointing as it tasted cakey rather than soft and fluffy. We feel that Good Morning Nanyang's scones are much better than this.

J's rating: 3/5, A's rating: 3.75/5

J's & A's Top 3 cakes in Cedele:

Apple & Nut Cheesecake

Black Sesame Cake with Tahini Frosting

P/S: Due to inconsistency in food quality in different branches, our fav branch for cakes appreciation is raffles city cedele bakery depot and the most generous branch for rosemary chicken sandwich is the vivocity branch.

For detailed write up, visit