Review for Cedele (Tanglin Mall)

3.4

Western
Address: #B1-07/08, Tanglin Mall, 163 Tanglin Road, 247933
28 Nov 2011

Thankful

Today I'm thankful for being a Cedele's member because it's one of the best decisions ever.

You must in whatever case try the pumpkin pie, it is perfect.

I love pumpkin pie now, and will try the pecan pie!

A moist, buttery base with a flaky filo pastry crust support a dense pumpkin pie so rich in taste and spiced with nutmeg and cinnamon. Sooo good!

Pumpkin pie
$4.2 for 1 pax

More reviews of Cedele

Poor Service

Beware of this place. They drop food on the floor then just put it back in the trays. Staff are poorly trained and have no idea about customers and their experience in store. They dont know how to work the till, cant void a transaction and just said to me dont worry about being overcharged, Incredible! I will not be going back.

A quick satisfying sandwich

This is a favourite haunt of mine, but I normally only take away slices of cake, which are what Cedele is arguably most famous for.  Atypically, my colleagues and I chose to have lunch here today, and equally atypically, we didn't have to wait for a seat in the tiny dining area!

They were out of the roast chicken with avocado sandwich, thus I went for the 2-cheese (mozzarella & cheddar) and tomato sandwich made with golden pumpkin bread ($6).  We didn't wait long, and our order soon arrived looking very appetising.  The bread had been toasted just right, and exuded a delicious aroma.  There was a lot of melted cheese in my sandwich, so much so that it was literally oozing from the edges.  The two cheeses blend well together, and to accompany them were little slices of tomato and lots of fresh lettuce.  Despite the amount of cheese (it's calcium, isn't it?), I actually felt quite virtuous!

This makes a nice change if you want a light(ish) quick bite and are tired of the usual local options in food courts.  Service is also friendly and courteous, and of course if you want to give yourself a treat, you can always choose a slice of cake and some coffee to go with the meal!

Mother's day cake

I always trust cedele in delivering quality cakes.

Jus as i dropped by tanglin mall, i decided to popped by cedele to see whether they have any mother's day cakes. A pink-coloured cake decorated with a small red rose caught my attention. It was a beetroot cake. I was curious to find out what's the taste like when beetroot is used in a cake, it's kinda unique. I got that($5.00).

I like the rose cream that is used. Beetroot strips r mixed in the sponge, added a little crunch n sweet flavour. They used grapeseed oil in this cake which is claimed to be a healthy version. This beetroot cake is yummy so i would recommend to someone who loves to try out new stuffs!