Summary

Ambience3
Blueberry hazelnut cheesecake, cakes, morrocan spiced carrot soup, muffins RAWKS too. :), sandwiches View all
Lunch, Breakfast View all

Caramel Charlotte

Simple review of the Caramel Charlotte Ice Cream Cake :

Most helpful reviews for Cedele (Novena Square)

Standard dropped after reno.

Shortage of staff is apparent. Staff are not very polite and after queueing 15mins we find out there's no salad. Staff didn't bother to suggest another item just served person being me

Three words - blueberry hazelnut cheesecake.

Food/Drink 4 | Value 3 | Ambience N/A | Service 3

I only buy take away from this outlet whenever I go work out at the Novena area, because it helps to satisfy that dastardly post-workout carb craving for evil decadent pastries!

But seriously, blueberry hazelnut cheesecake. First time I saw this variety on display here.

Since I was craving cheesecake and since it was between this confection and the more boring New York cheesecake, it was a no brainer.

But ooh. The cheesecake was actually good! I didn't taste hazelnut, but creamy cheese. Just the way I like my cheesecake. And with little full blueberries embedded into the cake.

Worth coming back to buy (provided the variety remains available)!

Only thing is service is a little spotty. It's not that an attitude thing, but more like I guess some of the staff are newer and aren't as sure of what to do. No biggie if you're not in a rush.

Look! No French Toast Today!

No…no no… it’s no April’s Fool joke! I’m really not kiddin’!

Out if my trademark boring fashion of having French Toast at Hong Kong café in Novena *yawn*, decided upon a much healthier version of lunch in lieu of many more indulgent meals later in the week. The body was also needing some restorative food after many decadent days of wine and dine.

Torn between the pronounced aroma of the bubbling soups, and the not-so-humble sandwiches that scream of health, I decided on the Soup and Sandwich Set ($14.80 ~ comes with a drink) (actually I was only being Greedy keke). Wanted something sweet lol so chose the exotic-sounding Morrocan Spiced Carrot Soup, hoping to re-nact the “O.M.G.A.W.D heavenly soup” moment. The soup is also purported not to contain cream or roux. Gluten-free? Hmm…how would I know? :p Nevertheless it was a mean bowl of soul-fetching soup. Robust and full-bodied and tasting like home cooking, I could particularly make sense of the pureed carrots amongst the sweet vegetal brew. Deliriously tasty!

Seemed like my taste buds were conjuring up funny ideas that day…coz on unimaginative days I would have plunge straight to the smoked salmon renditions *boring* anywhere, but the Turkey Brie with Cranberry here seemed curiously fetching. And I was glad I opted for this with Wholemeal Walnut Bread, coz mua haha I became an Instant Cedele Convert!

Cranberry Sauce and Turkey are good friends. Whoever brought them together as a pair is a real genius! I like the tart tang of the cranberry against the savory ham. The thick layer of brie cheese was also not overly salty. Very creamy in fact, it marries well with the turkey ham. Oh! Did I mention how the walnut bread R.A.W.K.S.?? I don’t believe it myself. Coz more often than not, I do not favor wholemeal (read: healthy :p), savory or breads in any ways that needed some chomping, often opting for conventional refined whites or sweet loaves. But this walnut bread sure clinches for me the moment I sunk my teeth onto its rustic cushions. Speckled with diced walnuts, this healthful bread exudes a nutty flavor with a earthy lingering fragrance. So distinctively flavorsome and aromal, I literally buried my face in it entirely after taking *a few* evidences of it. :p

One ample and health-giving lunch. Obviously…I will be back!

o_O Ahh…that Chocoolate Truffle cake in the distant cake display looked evil. So so nefariously immoral, it really made me wince. >.

No service, keep running out of stuff

Can't figure out why they keep running out of stuff. Soups can "run out" before lunch even starts. What the...

Service....what service? I stand at counter, staff do their own work. Burger King service much better.

Side Note: Carrot cake so dry and nasty I never want a slice no matter from which baker or country ever again. I rather eat carrots straight up. Screw healthy carrot cakes. Pass me the CAI TAO KUEH!