Back to Chabuton#B2-01, 313 @ Somerset, 313 Orchard Road

amandalingg
 • 27 Oct 2014 4 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Read a lot of bad reviews but it turn out to be quite a pleasant place for their set lunch worth $12.30. The soup was quite flavorful and the fried oyster tasted quite nice. definitely won't visit without the set lunch cause it's not delicious enough to make me pay $13.00 and above for a bowl of ramen.
For more photos & details: http://amandalingg.wordpress.com/2014/10/27/chabuton-ramen/

live2eat.travel
 • 05 Oct 2014 83 reviews 0 follower
Overall
My lunch set of Junior Chabuton Tonkotsu Ramen with Hitokuchi gyoza and konnyaku jelly was mostly good – broth was rich and creamy but a tad oily and salty, thin noodles were springy and tender chashu slice had a melt-in-the-mouth texture. Skin of gyoza was thin though it was not crispy enough and the filling was nothing to rave about. Loved the sweet grape and peach jelly, a perfect end to my meal. See full review and pictures at http://live2eatdottravel.blogspot.sg/2014/09/chabuton.html

Lovely Food
 • 03 Oct 2014 7 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Chabuton took over the space which belonged to Ramen Kagetsu Arashi at Tampines 1. My colleagues and I went to try after receiving a flyer on a newly opened ramen shop with details of a Michelin Starred Chef printed on it.

We tried to order the lunch set as advertised on the flyer but the staff informed us that there is no lunch set this week. (then why do you put that on the flyer?) So we proceed with ordering ala carte instead.

We realised that some of the staff from Ramen Kagetsu Arashi are now working for this Chabuton. One of them is an elder lady whom someone complained about her attitude (http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/ramen-kagetsu-arashi-tampines-simei/review/id-0c650200/) forcing her own preference on customers. We too had the similar experience with her. We tried to order a particular ramen, but she kept insisting that the other ramen is nicer and less oily. I wonder if she brought the same attitude to this new company.

The ramen tasted normal, no 'omph', no 'wow'.. In fact it tasted like the ramen from Rame Kagetsu Arashi. I wonder if the kitchen staff are all the same? I thot I saw some Michelin Starred Chef's name on the flyer? He is even "King of Ramen", surely they can do better than this?

Anyway, the ramen was a great disappointment. Service was no better... We were seated near the cashier so we saw what happened there. An elderly lady tried to use a voucher for her meal. The cashier explained that she cannot use it for some reason. Of course the elderly lady tried to talk her way through and also to get the cashier to explain the logic behind the voucher. A crowd built up while this was happening. The cashier or other staff did not bother to get the elderly lady aside to explain and then to serve the other customers who are in the queue to make payment. In my opinion, they're very disorganised. Thumbs down.

I dont think i will ever go there again..