Summary

Chargrilled fish burger, sausage roll View all

Exceeds Expectations, Good Burger

I really enjoyed my burger here, I found this place the second week I moved to Singapore and found it to be a good substitute for home.  I went there 3 times that week, but Then I started getting a belly so I need to curb it to once a week...oops.

the burgers are pretty tasty.  I've had the classic, the Charlie (loaded), and the southwestern.  The classic has been my favorite by far. The Charlie has a little too much going on in my opinion, but is definitely worth a try. The southwestern was very good and had a nice spice to it, but nothing beats a classic cheese burger.

the burgers are cooked well-done, i typically get mine medium rare.  With that said, your ordering a burger in a food village, so I didn't have the expectation for a perfectly cooked burger.  The quality ingredients and good taste was good for me.

The he place is clean and has the ambiance of an old style diner.  You place your order at the counter and then they ring you when it's available and you pick it up.  That's how these diners worked in the past.  Occasionally they bring the food out if it's really busy, which is a nice touch.  No other restaurant in the food village brings the food to you, so this place should not get negative reviews for following the same.

Other neat things, they have a loyalty card. Every 10 burgers you get a free order of fries.  They also give out really nice napkins, which may sound odd if you're new to Singapore. most food village restaurants don't provide napkins at all.

the fries are pretty good, but priced a little high.  You get an excessive amount of fries though. I think the standard sea salt fries at $4 and can easily be shared between 2 people. They have some premium variations too, but I haven't tried those.

they also have a student deal, a breakfast combo, and a happy hour combo all in the $10-$14 range.  The price a standard burger is $10.  It's a little high compared to what I am used to in US, but I recognize I'm not there and will pay the money to get a taste from home.

Most helpful reviews for Charlie & Co.

good burger but the worst service

Burger and onion rings but they made me wait 45mins for my burger in a restaurant that was 1/4 full and 6 kitchen staff. When I asked about my food, the waitress just gave me a blank look and walked off. When I approached the kitchen, there was no apology or any sense of urgency, just a "your food will be done in 5mins". I'll never eat here again and don't recommend anyone to

Great burgers..

We had chargrilled fish burger and burger of the day. Grilled fish burger was very light and super tasty. Drinks were equally good. But, not a fan of their fries. Quick service. Clean ambience.
All in all, would definitely visit again.

Great burgers..

All in all, would definitely visit again.

family of 5

Good value but it still cost $80 - Chips at $5 were a rip off but kids burger at $6 was good value as too often places will only sell adult burgers. The adult Southern burger ($11) was OK but the wife's Sausage roll was awesome. Lastly, I asked for some mayo for the French fries and despite there being half a dozen mayo options with the burgers all I got was "sorry, we don't have mayo, only ketchup" which seemed a but lazy and even MacDonalds, the paragon of streamlined standard service will find mayo for you...