Back to Cherry GardenMandarin Oriental Singapore, 5 Raffles Avenue

Weddings3 votes

Morsels of Delice
 • 12 Sep 2014 44 reviews 0 follower
Overall
The ambience is so classy and the service is so immaculate. It is easy to be impressed with this place based on these alone.

As for the food, there are hits and misses. The dim sum items are just ordinary lacklustre stuff that lack the variety, creativity and depth, not exactly what I expect from a high end restaurant. Exception being the steamed bamboo and prawn dumpling with gold powder (luxurious) and conpoy dumpling (full of fresh seafood flavours), as seen in my photos.

Brunch is good value, in which one can try many of their signature dishes (kurobuta pork is flavourful and good, drunken prawns soaked in herbs and wine infused soup, are extremely fresh) in the brunch (avoid the Patin fish though, it tasted fishy), which are really tasty and not bad. Not to mention, there is free flow of dessert, which is the best thing about this brunch since the avocado dessert is so heavenly good. Talking about the avocado dessert, it is served in a mist of dry ice, 100 points for presentation on this one! The taste is very refreshing and unlike any other dessert I had tasted, so actually, I like it quite a lot.

Worth to go for the brunch. If only the place don't have this restrictive two slot timing thing ... I would have like this place more (I actually do not dine for a long time since I have no patience to hang around a place for long, but I still hate to have a time limit slapped on me).

For photos, visit my blog at http://morsels-of-delice.blogspot.sg/2014/09/cherry-garden-brunch-is-great.html

Rennegoh
 • 19 Aug 2014 18 reviews 0 follower
Overall
For more information and images:http://rygohxx.blogspot.sg/2014/08/cherry-garden-mandarin-oriental-hotel.html
Cherry Garden (Cantonese Cuisine) presented with artistic modern flair located at Mandarin Oriental Hotel near Marina Square.
I will highly recommend Cherry Garden’s charcoal-roasted BBQ meat platter (樱桃烧味拼盘).The roasted BBQ meat platter includes Roasted duck, Roasted pork belly and Kurobuta Char Siew. I can tell you this is the dish I would HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to everyone. The Kurobuta Char Siew is tender and fragrant. Both Roasted pork belly and duck skins are crispy and I'm sure all of your going to love it like my friends and boyf.

And of course the wasabi prawn is my next favourite dish-Cooked with tangy sweet sauce and wasabi sauce and topped up with fresh mini mango and fish roe which I totally enjoy every bite and be careful of the wasabi sauce as it might perks you up a little.

Must tries: Wasabi Prawns

• Cherry Garden’s charcoal-roasted BBQ meat platter

Madame Chewy
 • 06 Aug 2014 113 reviews 7 followers
Overall
For pictures and full review, pls visit:

A couple of months back, my family visited Cherry Garden for dim sum brunch to celebrate Mother’s Day.  Located at Mandarin Oriental, this sophiticated Chinese Restaurant offers Cantonese Cuisine with an artistic modern touch. It’ impossible not to be impressed by the decor of this place. The entrance itself is very grand while the main dining area is classically designed with charcoaled teak panels to resemble an Oriental courtyard. We loved the tranquil ambience as well as the warm, attentive service.

Most buffets think they can get away with quantity and neglect quality. Cherry Garden sets itself apart by using fresh premium ingredients to elevate the standard dim sum fare. In addition to their drool-worthy morsels, the dim sum buffet brunch offers a selection of appetizers, soups, mains and desserts. It takes a while for dishes to arrive, so do exercise caution when ordering in between dishes to prevent over-ordering.

For quality dim sum in an exquisite setting, Cherry Garden is your best bet! My In-laws, hubby and myself enjoyed ourselves immensely. While prices a veer a little towards higher end, the ingredients, cooking skills and technique is well worth the $68++.

Must tries: Wasabi Prawns, dim sum, Cherries in Nu er hong dessert

Anniversary, Birthdays, Brunch, Business Dining, Children/Family, Fine Dining, Lunch, Romance/First Dates