Back to Cherry GardenMandarin Oriental Singapore, 5 Raffles Avenue

Weddings3 votes

Rennegoh
 • 19 Aug 2014 18 reviews 0 follower
Overall
For more information and images:http://rygohxx.blogspot.sg/2014/08/cherry-garden-mandarin-oriental-hotel.html
Cherry Garden (Cantonese Cuisine) presented with artistic modern flair located at Mandarin Oriental Hotel near Marina Square.
I will highly recommend Cherry Garden’s charcoal-roasted BBQ meat platter (樱桃烧味拼盘).The roasted BBQ meat platter includes Roasted duck, Roasted pork belly and Kurobuta Char Siew. I can tell you this is the dish I would HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to everyone. The Kurobuta Char Siew is tender and fragrant. Both Roasted pork belly and duck skins are crispy and I'm sure all of your going to love it like my friends and boyf.

And of course the wasabi prawn is my next favourite dish-Cooked with tangy sweet sauce and wasabi sauce and topped up with fresh mini mango and fish roe which I totally enjoy every bite and be careful of the wasabi sauce as it might perks you up a little.

Must tries: Wasabi Prawns

• Cherry Garden’s charcoal-roasted BBQ meat platter

Madame Chewy
 • 06 Aug 2014 109 reviews 7 followers
Overall
For pictures and full review, pls visit:

A couple of months back, my family visited Cherry Garden for dim sum brunch to celebrate Mother’s Day.  Located at Mandarin Oriental, this sophiticated Chinese Restaurant offers Cantonese Cuisine with an artistic modern touch. It’ impossible not to be impressed by the decor of this place. The entrance itself is very grand while the main dining area is classically designed with charcoaled teak panels to resemble an Oriental courtyard. We loved the tranquil ambience as well as the warm, attentive service.

Most buffets think they can get away with quantity and neglect quality. Cherry Garden sets itself apart by using fresh premium ingredients to elevate the standard dim sum fare. In addition to their drool-worthy morsels, the dim sum buffet brunch offers a selection of appetizers, soups, mains and desserts. It takes a while for dishes to arrive, so do exercise caution when ordering in between dishes to prevent over-ordering.

For quality dim sum in an exquisite setting, Cherry Garden is your best bet! My In-laws, hubby and myself enjoyed ourselves immensely. While prices a veer a little towards higher end, the ingredients, cooking skills and technique is well worth the $68++.

Must tries: Wasabi Prawns, dim sum, Cherries in Nu er hong dessert

Anniversary, Birthdays, Brunch, Business Dining, Children/Family, Fine Dining, Lunch, Romance/First Dates

fatpig
 • 20 May 2014 467 reviews 68 followers
Overall
It was meant to be a catch up dinner and although my last experience at Cherry Garden was forgettable (due to the less than ideal quality and quantity of food), I decided to give the restaurant yet another chance.

I was still very much taken by the classic oriental decor with the dark wooden beams, red lanterns and pavilion like dining corners. Definitely a great place for a quiet and romantic date (that's if your date is into oriental fixtures).

Peking Duck - The 4 of us started off with a side order of half a peking duck; Carved table side with both skin and flesh intact and wrapped in a relatively thin and toasted crepe.Although not exactly the "traditional" way to enjoy peking duck (which usually places emphasis on the skin), I enjoyed it quite a bit thought the skin could have been a little more crisp. Great start!

Cherry Garden's Hot & Cold Sampler - We swopped the braised beef in the hot sampler in favour of roasted pork due to religious constraints on the part of my dining partners. Though crackling crisp to a fault, the roasted pork was a tad too salty and porky for my liking. The other hot sampler was a scallop with salted egg yolk which I personally found to be average due to the sweetness of the scallop being overwhelmed by the egg yolk. I like salted egg yolk but I do think its a waste of such a huge scallop.
Drunken Chicken in hua diao and rose dew chinese wine made up the cold sampler and as much as I don't fancy chilled chicken soaked in wine, this was pretty decent. Lightly chilled for a more crunchy texture, the chicken spotted a light alcohol aftertaste which went down pretty smoothly.

Superior Broth with Shrimps, Scallops, Crabmeat, Conpoy, Maitake Mushrooms & Vegetables - Flavourful yet light with a variety of fresh ingredients, the soup was good to the last drop!

Braised Twelve Head Whole Abalone & Sea Cucumber with Premium Oyster Sauce - The twelve head abalone was good for 2 mouthfuls; Chewy and not overcooked. Served up with a piece of sea cucumber on a bed of vegetables. Nicely flavoured from the oyster sauce.

Wasabi-aioli Prawn with Salad of Duck Julienne & Jellyfish - Sporting a thin coat of flour smeared in wasabi, the prawns were deliciously crunchy without the wasabi taste coming on too strongly. The accompanying salad of duck and jellyfish was pretty nice as well; Firm slivers of duck coupled with the crunchiness of jellyfish.

Oven Baked Honey Marinated Cod Fillet with Black Pepper - First looks, the cod looked uncannily like a piece of salmon due to the reddish exterior. But it was cod alright, boasting a velvety and naturally sweet flesh accentuated only by the honey marinate and the mildly peppery and aromatic black pepper sauce.

Due to the word limit, please see my entire review and pictures here.