Chez Petit Salut @ MBFC has closed.

Review for (Closed) Chez Petit Salut @ MBFC

4.1

EuropeanFrenchWestern
08 Apr 2013

Authentic french food in CBD

In simple worlds : The taste is very authentic, very deilious, and it just feel like back in homeland.

While being way beyond the many other French restaurant i tried here for reproducing an authentic taste it is nonetheless priced very decently. The lunch set is only 40+ and a full set dinner with wine will be around 100+ which is quite a very competitive for a French restaurant in Singapore.

Until i find better, this is now my default-to-go French restaurant.
They serve simple yet tasty freshly baked bread (I personnaly can't live without that)
You can find their menu on their website.

Will try take some picture next time i go.
Quail, lobster soup, foie gras

More reviews of Chez Petit Salut @ MBFC

The desserts are awesome

Overall, the lunch was great although none of us thought it worthwhile at all as the ingredients were somehow basic and in any case, the dishes weren't superb. Many of the selections under the set lunch also require topping up.

As for the dining environment, I find the unit a little small for the number of tables fitted in so it is no comfort or privacy to speak of for a place of such quality.

Read full review here:

Well done!

For full review, pls visit http://wendylimwendy.wordpress.com/2013/12/16/chez-petit-salut-marina-bay-financial-centre/

I never knew about this restaurant that is situated right below my office on the first floor (lift lobby). It’s located along the same row as dr. CAFE COFFEE, somewhere in the middle. The signboard is small and reflective, as you can see. If not for my colleagues, I never would have known that this restaurant even exists!

We were seated right at the back of the restaurant. The staff promptly cleared the 4th set of cutley (it was just 3 of us) and set the decoration pieces nicely in front of me how’s that for ensuring the most perfect ambience?

It was a great lunch – although I wasn’t really stuffed to the brim, the quality and taste of the food plus fantastic service was sufficient to warrant a high rating from us. Their servers were polite, professional and spoke very well. When the bread rolls were out late, the server came to us right away to inform us that we had to wait a while. And our warm water was topped up very promptly twice.

French dining at Marina Bay

As I was in the area, I decided to have lunch at MBFC. Looking at Chez Petit Salut, I decided to pay this fine dining establishment a visit as it was one of the few places that was opened for an early lunch at 11.

Once seated, I decided to go for the set lunch ($48). I started with the lobster bisque which was not as creamy but still had a strong shellfish flavour.

For my main course I had the seafood cannelloni. This is a very rich tomato based pasta with generous portions of prawns and scallop.

I also tried the Quail ($38). This was really well executed. It was a rather meaty quail with its juices retained. The quail was also stuffed with a very tasty mushroom cream mix which can be quite a heavy fix for lunch.

Dessert was a chocolate cake with a coffee ice cream. Quite a filling way to end the meal.

Overall, expect good quality and rich French food with acceptable service to match the vibe.