Reviews for Chikuwa Tei

AsianJapanese
Address: #01-01, 9 Mohamed Sultan Road, 238959
24 Nov 2015
Overall

Value for money Chirashi Don!

Fell in love with the unpretentious, generous serving of fresh, succulent, CHUNKY sashimi!! Very value for money!!
My friend had the Wagyu beef set. Needless to say, the slices were broiled to perfection and the juicy meat simply melts in your mouth.
Would come back again for more!! :)
chirashi, Chirashi Don, wagyu beef

More reviews of Chikuwa Tei

Very Bad Experience

It's was a bad encounter in my life! Made a reservation to this restaurant for dinner with colleagues. Menu two menu for 7 people, expected we share the menu. It's okay, when we started to order food we are being told that we've only 1.5 hour to have dinner. So, we had bargain and agreed with the waitress and supervisor to arrange us to other table as we will stay abit longer enjoy our food. But, the supervisor scolded the waitress in front of us for unorganized! It's okay, she show us a black face and in a very unhappy tune. I think we deserve a better service because I will pay a 10% service charge to the restaurant! I think this kind of service is suck! They don't even worth for a star restaurant. We will never ever step in this restaurant.

Chirashi/sashimi

Thick slices of fish. Very fresh fish. Like the miso soup too. Has a lot of kelp although its a very small of soup.
Overall

Good food but SUPER BAD SERVICES!

Went for dinner with my friends on 3 Jul 2015 (Friday). Everything was good at the beginning with a waitress wearing orange uniform serving us to our table. Quality of food is acceptable for the price.
 1. It is hard to get any of the waitresses to refill our drinks.
 2. The horrible part comes:-
 Towards the end of our dinner, as we were chatting and I was still eating, another waitress passed us the bill. We were surprised as we did not asked for it especially not when I was still eating and we have plans to order dessert. Without asking for permission or informing us, another waitress wearing green uniform just pushed the next table to join with ours, and said out loud to another waitress that this will be for a group of 5/6 customers. What sort of attitude is that? Chasing us off? Furthermore, throughout the whole dinner we were there, she never once presented a smile. Not a single one and instead presented us with an agitated look.
 Firstly, how can you throw us the bill when we did not ask for it in order to chase us off?
 Secondly, you do not even have the courtesy to inform or ask politely whether you can join the table to ready for another group.
 Thirdly, after knowing we were not going to leave (since I was not done with my food), the waitress still showed her frustration by pushing the other tables around to try to arrange such that she can allow other customers to sit down. To a point, she placed a chair at the walkway between the next table and our table, preventing my friend from getting out. Chikuwa Tei, I do understand alot of customers come to your restaurant for your good food. I suppose you should also look hard into giving good service too.

Extremely disappointing

Food is mediocre and extremely "without-frills". Overpriced too. If I could give a zero for service and ambience, I would. After pointing out the discrepancies between the picture and the actual food (the appetizer was missing), the waitress told me "now don't have already" and walked away. I questioned her on that, and the manager came and VERY rudely told me that my appetizer had already arrived. It turned out to be three dismal pieces of fruit, whereas the picture had showed some octopus.