Reviews for Chikuwa Tei

3.8

AsianJapanese
SayWhat

Recommended for its chirashi

Had a craving for chirashi the other day and after searching around, we finally decided on Chikuwa Tei where we had the Special Chirashi set.   The meal started with a chawanmushi, which was chock full of ingredients and was pretty delicious.   The chirashi don certainty did not disappoint. Price-wise, I would have to say that it was worth the premium price as compared to a normal chirashi set (S$68 as compared to a normal chirashi don at S$25). Each slice was thick and fresh. I personally felt that the salmon and ikura hit the right spot. Special mention also goes out to the otoro (tuna belly), which made the meal really memorable.   Service wise, the waitresses were very friendly and our orders were served quickly. They were also prompted in refilling our tea. Thumbs-up!
01 Mar 2015 • 4 reviews • 0 follower

Recommended for its chirashi

04 Feb 2015 • 10 reviews • 0 follower

Quality Japanese food at affordable price

Impressed with the Chirashi set which was at a reasonable price of $25++ which comes with very thick slices of sashimi, which were very fresh - normally i dont like tuna and mackeral but the sashmi was so fresh, i didnt taste any fishiness.

Was also impressed with the tempura soba set $14++ - the soba was very Q as it was served on ice cubes.

Was quite shocked by the price tag of the yuzu tea thou - it was $5++ which was quite a hefty price tag, probably cos they added pieces of yuzu in the drink (but still i think it doesnt justify the price).

overall i would visit this place again and again. very good quality and the price was very affordable.
24 Dec 2014 • 17 reviews • 0 follower

Still one of the better jap food eateries in Singapore

Have been here several times and there have been hits and misses! Sometimes the chirashi don is amazingly satisfying, but at times the sashimi has not lived up to my expectations. They are opening up a second outlet, I hope they maintain the standard! By far one of the better chirashi dons I have had for $30 (incl of GST and service charge) and below.

Similar Listings