Reviews for Chikuwa Tei

AsianJapanese
Forrester Jasmine

Great Sushi!

This place serves up a wide variety of really delicious sushi. Their chef are able to customise your sushi but you will have to ask for it (I sat at the counter with my husband). I have been to this place since I moved over to Singapore June last year and it remains one of my favourite sushi restaurants.

There is a pretty wide expat following and I think they must be residents from the Mohamed Sultan/River Valley area.

They tend to be pretty busy but their staff try their best to accommodate. Come here if you like you like your sushi done well!

06 Dec 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Victim of their own success!

I made a reservation and received a confirmation email. Showed up at the correct time, but the restaurant was jam packed, with a large knot of people clustered at the entrance. There were no tables available, and I was told that I had to wait for my table. Ended up waiting 40 minutes, and realizing that the knot of people at the entrance were all in the same boat, all had made prior reservations which were not honored by Chikuwa Tei.

I was entertaining a friend from overseas, so I had to put up a good face, but this experience made me feel deeply cheated. Understand this: The food quality was very high, the price point was also very high, the ambiance was lousy (crowded and noisy tuckshop atmosphere), the service was only moderately good, but to top it all off, the restaurant management (reservations) was a total rip off. Not a word of apology was made to any of the patrons, no mention of the mess up was even spoken of. We were all given the cold shoulder.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I PAID THEIR PRICES TO COME OUT FEELING CHEATED! NEVER AGAIN!
12 Sep 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Great Sushi!

06 Sep 2014 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

Not sure what the fuss is about

Went tonight (a Friday night), food was very average at best and not the cheapist. People where waiting a long time for tables...and again having eaten the food, really not sure why. I often buy sushi at Giant for lunch, and can honestly say that compared to what I ate tonight, the Giant sushi is better!

I should also say the service was terrible...to the point of being comical.  Our food arrived before chopsticks, plates etc and had to persuade someone to get some for us... we had mugs with chips and it took an age to persuade someone to give us a menu when we first arrived

Would avoid this place.