Reviews for (Closed) ChillOut@Cosford

Western
MrBB

Safest place to dine with Big Cannon by your side.

My friendly was telling me that we are going to a very special place for launch where you will find a big cannon next to you. I thought he was joking till we actually arrived at the restaurant. And true enough; there is the Giant Cannon at Johore Battery.  This restaurant is so hidden. No one will accidently walk in to this restaurant if you not already known about this restaurant. It is a truly hidden find near Changi Prison HQ. The location is a bit far from the normal crowd. But I bet there have many regular from the official from the prison HQ. I was told there are many near by residents coming to enjoy themselves with the free Karaoke room.  Ok enough talking about the place. Now lets talk about the foods:  The menu has a very wide range of choices, from local Chinese delicacy to western and Thai. There are just too many choices. I was happy to see such a wide range of choices but at the same time worries about whether can the quality of food can be deliver.  We ordered a few dishes and here are some of the foods:  Sambal Squid – This is one spicy sambal squid. You can pick the level of spiciness. We just go for the normal one and it is good spicy for me. The squid is fresh and the sambal sauces is sweet and spicy.  Chicken kebab – Very nicely bbq chicken on a stick with vegetables. The kebab was perfectly cook where the chicken are still juicy and very nice charcoal smoky flavor.  This is a must have if you every come here!  Maxicana Chicken – This is a very interesting dish, you have a nicely bbq chicken with peppers and onions stir-fried and served with some bread. The concept is almost like DIY burger. But the taste is wonderful. Again, a must have if you come here.  The service here is friendly and they have alfresco area where is great for food ball beer night, or just simply chill out. This is such a wonderful place. The restaurant is surrounded by nothing but tress and one big cannon. Super relax and peaceful to have some great food. I would recommend this place if you want to chill out and enjoy some interesting and taste food.
07 Dec 2013 • 1 review • 0 follower

stay away!

Really bad experience. We went as group of 4. 3 of us had cold steak, fries and mashed potato. Never try the ice Mocha and ice Chocolate, basically almost tasteless and not even least sweet. Will be the first and the last time patronizing chillout. Seriously.
look what I found - Big Cannon
29 Sep 2013 • 59 reviews • 1 follower

Safest place to dine with Big Cannon by your side.

19 Sep 2013 • 172 reviews • 2 followers

Hidden Gem in the East

The next time you are in the East, do check out this restaurant located at Changi.

The restaurant is located on Cosford Road, right next to a World War 2 replica of a big gun, called Johore Battery.

This is a nice quiet place and out-of-the-way location to chill out with your friends for dinner and drinks and they are also open for lunch and dinner.

On their menu, they have local and western dishes, alongside a range of drinks (coffee, beer, wines and hard liquor).

We tried the following:
- Hainanese Beef Stew (Had nice pieces of beef, tripe and tendons. It was very well done and came with a serving of rice and home-made chilli
- Crispy Batter Fish & Chips (The batter on the fish was light and crispy)
- Mexicana Chicken (This is like a dish you will find in a Mexican Restaurant, with a nice crispy grilled chicken topped with sauteed onions and capsicum, with buttered fried bread and a spicy salsa on the side)

On EPL nights, they screen live matches and this is a great place to chill out with your friends over drinks and football. There is also a Karaoke room (no extra charge, but must make reservations) and free Wifi. Car park is also readily available and free!