MrBB
 • 29 Sep 2013 59 reviews 1 follower
Overall

My friendly was telling me that we are going to a very special place for launch where you will find a big cannon next to you. I thought he was joking till we actually arrived at the restaurant. And true enough; there is the Giant Cannon at Johore Battery.
 This restaurant is so hidden. No one will accidently walk in to this restaurant if you not already known about this restaurant. It is a truly hidden find near Changi Prison HQ. The location is a bit far from the normal crowd. But I bet there have many regular from the official from the prison HQ. I was told there are many near by residents coming to enjoy themselves with the free Karaoke room.
 Ok enough talking about the place. Now lets talk about the foods:
 The menu has a very wide range of choices, from local Chinese delicacy to western and Thai. There are just too many choices. I was happy to see such a wide range of choices but at the same time worries about whether can the quality of food can be deliver.
 We ordered a few dishes and here are some of the foods:
 Sambal Squid – This is one spicy sambal squid. You can pick the level of spiciness. We just go for the normal one and it is good spicy for me. The squid is fresh and the sambal sauces is sweet and spicy.
 Chicken kebab – Very nicely bbq chicken on a stick with vegetables. The kebab was perfectly cook where the chicken are still juicy and very nice charcoal smoky flavor.  This is a must have if you every come here!
 Maxicana Chicken – This is a very interesting dish, you have a nicely bbq chicken with peppers and onions stir-fried and served with some bread. The concept is almost like DIY burger. But the taste is wonderful. Again, a must have if you come here.
 The service here is friendly and they have alfresco area where is great for food ball beer night, or just simply chill out. This is such a wonderful place. The restaurant is surrounded by nothing but tress and one big cannon. Super relax and peaceful to have some great food. I would recommend this place if you want to chill out and enjoy some interesting and taste food.

Must tries: Maxicana Chicken, Chicken Kebab

After Work, Ala Carte, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Boys Night Out, Children/Family, Corporate Events, Dinner, Hidden Find, Relaxed
  • Chicken Kebab - very nice!
  • Maxicana chicken