HerPenandFork
 • 30 Aug 2014 22 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Crispy chicken, with moist meat. Definitely a place to check out for korean fried chicken lovers.

For the full review, go to http://herpenandfork.blogspot.sg/2014/08/choo-choo-chicken-no1-korean-fried.html

colourfulapple
 • 11 Aug 2014 22 reviews 0 follower
Overall
We ordered the whole chicken - the sweet and spicy flavours. The waiter said it serves 3-4 people.  The spicy flavored fried chicken looks deceiving. It caused our mouths to be on fire. We had to order another round of drinks to cool down. The sweet flavor was much better. The inside of the chicken is not as marinated as its outside. But I still find the fried chicken pretty good. The rice burger bulgogi was good with the kimchi, seaweed, mayo and bulgogi mix. The ddubbokki was alright. $4 for a very small portion with only 1.5 piece of fish cake. While we were there, we noticed 3 different groups of Koreans dining there, which means this place must be pretty authentic.

The place is pretty small so it is not the most comfortable dining experience, and it can get loud in an confined space.  But the small area also makes it easier to get the attention of the waiters.

Must tries: Rice burger, Rice burger bulgogi, fried chicken sweet flavour

After Work, Vibrant/Noisy

Chester Chua
 • 19 Jul 2014 14 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I never understood the hype with Korean fried chicken. Four Fingers sometimes tastes like fried chicken that was left overnight and fried again (ie, too dry). Chicken Up and Kko Kko Nara are decent, but not really worth the price.

Then I recently went to Seoul and ate Kyochon fried chicken. It completely blew my mind away! There is just this oomph that brings you to a totally different place.

I have since been on a search for something similar in Singapore. Choo Choo Chicken, while still nowhere near Kyochon, is the closest we can get. I tried all the flavours, and the soy and sweet ones are my favourite, and really set themselves apart from everyone else in Singapore.

This place is not just about fried chicken. Don't leave without trying their rice burgers! Very innovative concept.

Must tries: soy & sweet chicken.tender salad !!, CC Burger