Chester Chua
 • 19 Jul 2014 14 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I never understood the hype with Korean fried chicken. Four Fingers sometimes tastes like fried chicken that was left overnight and fried again (ie, too dry). Chicken Up and Kko Kko Nara are decent, but not really worth the price.

Then I recently went to Seoul and ate Kyochon fried chicken. It completely blew my mind away! There is just this oomph that brings you to a totally different place.

I have since been on a search for something similar in Singapore. Choo Choo Chicken, while still nowhere near Kyochon, is the closest we can get. I tried all the flavours, and the soy and sweet ones are my favourite, and really set themselves apart from everyone else in Singapore.

This place is not just about fried chicken. Don't leave without trying their rice burgers! Very innovative concept.

Must tries: soy & sweet chicken.tender salad !!, CC Burger

Dinner, Hidden Find, Lunch, Relaxed

chin chai jiak
 • 18 Jul 2014 30 reviews 0 follower
Overall
For menu, more photos and full review, click here

Choo Choo Chicken at Bali Lane (just beside a famous cafe Stateland Cafe) is one such restaurant selling Korean-style fried chicken. They offer mainly three style of fried chicken – Whole Chicken, Chicken Strips and Chicken Wings and they come in various authentically-Korean flavours like Soy, Spicy, Sweet, Crispy and Garlic.

I ordered their chicken wings with two (Spicy / Soy) flavours and it cost S$29.90 nett for a total of 16 pieces of fried chicken. Their wings are fatter and fuller compare to Four Fingers and it’s juicer and not as dry. Choo Choo Chicken applies a rather generous coat of sauce on their succulent crispy wings and the meat tears off from the bones with little effort.

The soy flavour has a tinge of garlicky soy sauce fragrance. It’s lightly sweetened and the soy sauce doesn’t overpower the natural sweetness of the juicy wings.The spicy flavour has a fiery zesty aroma but it’s taste less mild than it’s smell. It has a good blend of sweet spicy sauce that is finger licking good.

Caleb Lim
 • 12 May 2014 243 reviews 39 followers
Overall
I visited Choo Choo chicken to use my Groupon voucher and we (2 adults + 2 kids) shared a $29.90 fried chicken. We had the chicken done half on soy seasoning and half in original seasoning. The soy one is really good! I would have liked to try the spicy options but my kids preference took priority.

This is a small half shop house lot that takes max of 24 pax in compact mode, you will also get a fried food smell on your clothes if you linger to long.

I had korean fried chicken at a eatery ay Bukit Timah SC and their portions is larger with a thicker and crispier batter, at similar price. So my search for yummy korean fried chicken continues....