Summary

Ma La Mutton Bee Hoon, Pork Belly in Garlic Sauce & Wang Lao Ji "drink", Set Meal and additional dishes, mutton hot pot, the meats View all
Dinner, After Work View all

Prefection

Went missing for months and no review for so many places i went.

Ok manage to clear my stuff. On enjoy my clearing leaves but have to plan some stuff with my wife.

Well it's was a Saturday afternoon and confused on what to eat but the rain caught my mind Steamboat!! Not bugis not china town not lavender but at Balestier the land of Buk Kuh Teh wars. What click my mind, a month back we were looking at Lamp and lights for our new home and get some quotation and we went to this mission and ate my Rochor Beancurd. Beside the stall there the sign board written mutton steamboat. So something new for us. I was wondering is it that mutton steamboat i tried in China so we must try it one day!

And there we tried it. Ambience is normal and no school eateries, owner is china couple very friendly and kind enough to explain to us on what their service and menu. Well they only have Set menu and some side dishes. We order a Set Meal for 2 Person and 2 side dishes of Pork Belly with Garlic Sauce & Ma La Mutton Bee Hoon Soup.

The soup is well broth and No MSG taste you can tell its was boiled since this morning and the herbs is well flavour. After the indrigents is cooked with soup, its blend the flavour and its great. For the Pork Belly its very tasty and not salty at all, its wrap with Cucumber and with the sauce or Garlic and soya sauce. Yummy!

Lastly Ma Lao Mutton Bee Hoon Soup i asked for less spicy and overall it's superb.

The Meat is tender and fresh with no over night meat smell and they are using the laksa bee hoon and very nice!!.

I would recommend Wang Lao Ji drink its a herbal tea brew in China give it a try.

I spend alot and for the meal as i called at 7 cans of Wang Lao Ji.

Overall everything is great and superb no MSG and health and compare to those steamboat stall. I should called this restaurant is FAR MUCH BETTER.

Go give it a try and its worth of $$. I'm going back again for sure!!

Most helpful reviews for Chuan Yang Ji Mutton Soup Steamboat

Horrid Service. Not family friendly

Went there with my 2 elderly parents, who are both close to 80 years old to this restaurant to eat their lamb noodle soup. The restaurant turned us away saying that they only were willing to serve steamboat for dinner on Sunday. If we ordered anything else other than their steamboat, we would not be welcome. Horrible service. Not family friendly. The service down here is miles apart compared to the excellent service staff at Hai Di Lao.

Worth a visit

If you are a fan of mutton, this place is certainly worth a vist.

The soup is strong and meat is tasty. I will prefer if i have some prawns & seafood to go with it but the set meal does not come with that.

I am someone who likes the mutton smell so some people might not like it so well.

Anyway, i will prefer the ma la steamboat with mutton than this mutton steamboat itself.

Good!

No bad smell, healthy.

btw, you can get 10% off via booking from Ninelogic.com, why not.

Good stuffs!

Went for this steamboat after introduction from the people here.

This is probably the only Mutton soup steamboat can be located in Singapore. Small place, 4 medium tables and 3 small tables, plus 4 outdoor tables.

If you are mutton lovers, when you step in, a very strong mutton smell just filled up yr nose, and make you hungry.

For $38 serving for 2 is enough, and you have the flexbility of changing the set menu (same value), mutton is good (although I prefer those better grade mutton in China), soup is great, especially the waitress recommended to drink the soup before we put anything into the steamboat, so that we could taste the differences.

Ordered a cold dish, cucumber, taste is not too bad, I will prefer more spicy.

As for the sauce, ok for the chilli, but the sesamee sauce is a bit too dilute (maybe for the liking of Singaporean), need to take their special powder, can take it dry or add into other sauce, there is a special spice (Zhi Ran) being added, this spice is normally used in BBQ mutton in China, that taste is pretty unqiue.

Not too sure whether is weekday the reason, not many tables occupied.

With the time we spent there, including us, only 13 customers taking up 5 tables, mainly are couples.

It was observed that that every table will have China people. This is a place for them to taste their hometown food.

Overall, good dining last night, enjoy it, especially have not take any mutton soup steamboat for a long while.