Nobunaga
 • 08 Dec 2010 18 reviews 1 follower
Overall
Went missing for months and no review for so many places i went.

Ok manage to clear my stuff. On enjoy my clearing leaves but have to plan some stuff with my wife.

Well it's was a Saturday afternoon and confused on what to eat but the rain caught my mind Steamboat!! Not bugis not china town not lavender but at Balestier the land of Buk Kuh Teh wars. What click my mind, a month back we were looking at Lamp and lights for our new home and get some quotation and we went to this mission and ate my Rochor Beancurd. Beside the stall there the sign board written mutton steamboat. So something new for us. I was wondering is it that mutton steamboat i tried in China so we must try it one day!

And there we tried it. Ambience is normal and no school eateries, owner is china couple very friendly and kind enough to explain to us on what their service and menu. Well they only have Set menu and some side dishes. We order a Set Meal for 2 Person and 2 side dishes of Pork Belly with Garlic Sauce & Ma La Mutton Bee Hoon Soup.

The soup is well broth and No MSG taste you can tell its was boiled since this morning and the herbs is well flavour. After the indrigents is cooked with soup, its blend the flavour and its great. For the Pork Belly its very tasty and not salty at all, its wrap with Cucumber and with the sauce or Garlic and soya sauce. Yummy!

Lastly Ma Lao Mutton Bee Hoon Soup i asked for less spicy and overall it's superb.

The Meat is tender and fresh with no over night meat smell and they are using the laksa bee hoon and very nice!!.

I would recommend Wang Lao Ji drink its a herbal tea brew in China give it a try.

I spend alot and for the meal as i called at 7 cans of Wang Lao Ji.

Overall everything is great and superb no MSG and health and compare to those steamboat stall. I should called this restaurant is FAR MUCH BETTER.

Go give it a try and its worth of $$. I'm going back again for sure!!

Must tries: Ma La Mutton Bee Hoon, Pork Belly in Garlic Sauce & Wang Lao Ji "drink"

Buffet, Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, Boys Night Out, Girls Night Out, After Work, Hidden Find

Escada Koh
 • 08 Oct 2010 4 reviews 0 follower
Overall
If you are a fan of mutton, this place is certainly worth a vist.

The soup is strong and meat is tasty. I will prefer if i have some prawns & seafood to go with it but the set meal does not come with that.

I am someone who likes the mutton smell so some people might not like it so well.

Anyway, i will prefer the ma la steamboat with mutton than this mutton steamboat itself.

Must tries: Set Meal and additional dishes

Dinner, After Work, Vibrant/Noisy

Ah John
 • 05 Oct 2009 7 reviews 0 follower
No bad smell, healthy.

btw, you can get 10% off via booking from Ninelogic.com, why not.