Reviews for Cicheti

EuropeanItalian
howinston

Good Pizza and Pasta at Khandahar Street!

I have passed this restaurant several times in the past months and I came for lunch recently.

The lunch menu is smaller than the dinner menu (which has an expanded small plates and pasta menu)

We went for a pizza and pasta to give the food a try:
- The Bismark Pizza: $23 - This was a tomato based pizza with buffalo cheese, mushrooms and bacon with a sunny side up egg in the middle. It is good. The pizza crust is unique with a slighhhtly chewy texture. I learnt from the manager that they rest the dough for at least 5 hours before using it to make pizza to order.
- Rigatoni with Smoked Duck: $23 - This was my first time eating with smoked duck. I wished there were more pieces of smoked duck. There were also sliced sundried tomato in it. The sauce was more orangey, as they used tomato paste with cream in the sauce. Its good.

There are items on the menu that I spotted that I am keen to try on my next visit, such as their small plates menu in the evenings and their Carbonara pizza.

The quality of food is good and we will definitely be back here again.

Recommended!
Uni Pasta
18 Jan 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Not Happy.

Pretty unhappy with this restaurant. At first, everything was going well. The burrata was excellent but then my uni pasta arrived. Words cannot explain my disappointment. There were barely any uni in it and for some reason it tasted like bad Hokkien Mee. Had I known that it would cost me $30 a plate I would have ordered something else. The dessert was great! Until I found a hair in it. For whatever reason the waiter didn't believe me, I didn't get an apology, just dirty glances. Never coming back here again.
The Chef and The Oven
30 Dec 2014 • 211 reviews • 3 followers

Good Pizza and Pasta at Khandahar Street!

We went for a pizza and pasta to give the food a try:

The quality of food is good and we will definitely be back here again.

Recommended!
07 Nov 2014 • 579 reviews • 22 followers

Authentic Neopolitian pizza

For photos, please hit up http://thehungrybunnie.blogspot.sg/2014/10/cicheti.html

The pizzas at Cicheti are done Neapolitan-style; they're distinctively thicker and consequently chewier than the typical thin-crust pizzas we're so used to. An absolute nightmare for dieters but heaven for carb-lovers.

Seating at the tiny shop-house space is extremely limited so it's best to secure reservations, or be prepared to be turned away. Service was excellent though, attentive and friendly. Our water glasses were always kept brimming to the full.

We had:

1) Gamberi Grassi ($13): a quartet of fat juicy prawns grilled with smoked butter, and sided by a crusty baguette toast for mopping up every last bit of the luscious butter.

2) Pizza Carbonara ($23) topped with bacon, fior de latte cheese, cream, parmesan, onions, black peppercorns and a sunny side up egg was sumptuous. We especially loved smearing the runny egg all over the pizza.

3) Pizza Procuitto e Rucola ($25): burnished with melted fior de latte, parma ham, arugula and showered with grated grana cheese was just lovely, with the pungent saltiness of the parma ham ribbons contrasted with the peppery bitterness of the arugula gree