Back to Cicheti52 Kandahar Street

Alfresco/Outdoor Dining4 votes

luxexplorer
 • 22 Aug 2014 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
coolly decorated little gem with nice wood oven pizza. heard the chef was fr another italian restaurant famous for this style of napoletena pizza.
worth re-visiting if in the area !
dessert also good.

Must tries: Bismark pizza

After Work, Birthdays
  • creme brulee
  • creme brulee

Dan-Meng Chen
 • 24 Jul 2014 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Came here for lunch with a friend who lives in the neighborhood. I had been craving wood oven pizza and she said recommended Cicheti. We ordered 2 pizzas - Bismark and Carbonara. The former is a favorite of other reviewers and the latter was recommended by the waitress. The Carbonara totally blew us away. We absolutely loved the caramelized onions that formed part of the topping and we soacked up all the egg yolk with our leftover crust. Perfection! We were sad that the pizzas got cold after awhile.

We shared the salted chocolate cake for dessert. Fantastic choice!! I am a big fan of molten lava cakes in general and this one did not disappoint. The portion is quite big - perfect for 2 ladies to share. The melted chocolate oozed out once we dug in. There was just the right amount of salt added to boost the flavor, and the generous scoop of vanilla gelato accompanied with crumbles complemented it perfectly. Heaven in a mouthful!

Only gripe is that the kitchen is small so once the place hits capacity service can potentially get slow. Hopefully they have more help for peak hours.

Must tries: Salted chocolate cake, Carbonara Pizza, Bismark pizza

• Carbonara Pizza

DouglasTan
 • 20 Jul 2014 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Sometimes we find a place where everthing clicks to make the evening really special. This is what happened at Cicheti.
The menu didnt look very big but what we ordered was delicious. Fat prawns swimming in a rich sauce of olive oil herbs and garlic. Juicy meatballs and succulent calamari.
The pizza (bismark and carbonara) was done to perfection--or rather, imperfection - - with areas of rich toppings amidst slightly charred dough. Just like its done in Italy.
The four of us shared a TBone and salt baked sea bass and pear salad.  The meat was Juicy and done just right.  Great ambience. The only serve Peroni beer. Desserts were great too - - choc salt cake and creme brulee a must.
We highly recommend this wonderful place but reservations advised.