Summary

Salted chocolate cake, cioppino, Bismark pizza, Polenta almond torta, Crema bruciata, manzo alla griglia, Carbonara Pizza, Gnocchi Funghi, Grilled Octopus, Rigatoni with Smoked Duck, Squid Ink Tagliatelle, Tagliatelle carne, The Bismark Pizza, pasta of the day, salt baked sea bass View all
After Work, Anniversary, Ala Carte, Dinner, Birthdays, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Business Dining, Chillout, Girls Night Out, Lunch, Relaxed, Hidden Find, Night Out View all

Brilliant Italian

I tried Cicheti because a friend of mine compared it to Oso in terms of quality and that's a pretty bold statement in my book.  In the end, I'd say Oso and Cicheti are two very different restaurants but I'd now say there are two great Italian spots in Singapore.  Cicheti is a more casual and intimate place for great italian food.  It's a small place which gives it a fantastic ambience.  Meanwhile, being in the middle of Kampong Glam is a nice touch in terms of character.  Most importantly, the food is phenomenal.  We started with the meat balls and the bruschetta and then ordered a Pizza Margherita and the lamb ragout pasta.  I'll definitely be going back.

Most helpful reviews for Cicheti

This place makes a happy foodie really really upset.

One of the most upsetting dinning experience I have ever had.
A joyous occasion turns out to be really traumatizing.

Had been really excited about the visit with a close group of friends because of the good reviews.
Personal experience just differs so much:(

Food is really average, over hyped.
Service is so bad, felt like we were not good enough to be there because the resturant has too high a standard for average people like us.

Will never be back for more of those unreasonable ridicules and reprimandations that really reflect badly on our growing service industry.

for what's worth, the restaurant interior is well designed but seriously?

Very bad service

The food is just OK, I have tasted nicer food at other Italian Restaurant. The pizza and dessert are average. The pasta should be improved (it looks like horfun and mee pok). In overall the food is overprice.
In addition to that, the service is very very bad and below standard.
While other seats were empty, they let us share 2 small seats for 3 people.
When we kept asking for 1 more chair (it was very inconvenient to share 2 chairs for 3), they gave us a lecture on how high their standard is. Really??
It was my first time going there and it will be my last one.
I will not recommend this restaurant to anyone, there are thousands better restaurants out there.

Overpriced, overpriced and overpriced.

Food was just average. Service was disappointing. Maybe the food was nice, however their service ruined all the food and our precious gathering time. There are a lot of nice Italian restaurants out there with better service.

Small bites,big on flavours!

A delightful gem of an italian restaurant+bar situated along the streets of kandahar,just 10mins walk from bugis station. A rustic,contemporary designed interior with an open-concept kitchen and full view of the wood-fired oven welcomes you. Especially love the ambiance up at the 2nd level whr it houses the bar. Soothingly dim but at the same time well-lit, makes diners feel relaxed and even romantic.Not to mention the convenience of having a washroom just 20steps away. Food was placed and served relatively fast even when we're seated upstairs,with the friendly waitress, Eunice, checking on us every now and then. They have dishes catered for everyone,whether u're looking for a more substantial meal or just fingerfood. For small bites,I'd recommend the polpette di carne garna,which are meatballs in a divine tomato based sauce,u have to try it! The mussells were fresh and tender,I call it medium-rare mussells. The steak was also done perfectly med-rare,just as I like it. Ciuppino, is another must-eat. It's a really wholesome seafood stew,with all the flavours of the squid,prawns,fish simmered( for god-knows how many hours)and becoming this delectable bowl of hearty soup!not to mention that the seafood in it comes in chunks and are still very much tender. The bismark pizza,which has a runny sunny side up is one of my many favourites,the dough is thin and light but has a crisp edge to it,all because it's handmade/knead by the chefs,flavorsome indeed! To end on a sweet note,highly recommended are the warm salted chocolate cake,with the oozing lava of chocolate and I promise you won't feel "gelat" or too sweet as it's cleverly balanced out with a hint of sea-salt. Polenta almond torta cake would be next on my list,cake is moist and non crumbly,with a slight crunch on the exterior. And if u're looking for something light/non-cake or for the folks,try the herb jelly grappa, it's refreshing and unique with the fusion of herbs instead of just plain ol' jelly and fruits,whatsmore it's served in a pretty glass jar( fitting for photos/instagramming!) But heck,as I'm churning out this review I'm yearning for the oozing lava chocolate cake and meatballs. I'm going back soon for my fix of Cicheti!

Cute little hangout place - great desserts and drinks!

Was there with my girlfriends, and it seemed like they just opened a bar/loungey area on the second floor. There were some traditional italian cocktails, but for the most part its a bespoke bar. The bartender served us a "christmassy" cocktail, which was seriously delicious and a fraction of the price of those fancy cocktail at most bespoke bars like maison or bare stories. Not forgetting, before that, we had this pasta dish with meatballs, like a fancier spaghetti and meatballs - oh my god so good. Dessert definitely DID NOT disappoint, between the molten salted chocolate cake and the creme brulee ice cream with candied bacon, we girls were just quiet. No words, just pure enjoyment. With mains, dessert AND drinks, it ended up being about 40 bucks a person, so reasonable. Definitely coming back here again.