Daily: 11:30 - 15:00
Daily: 17:00 - 22:00
As its name suggests, this is a traditional Chinese restaurant, one that specialise in vegetarian cuisine and dim sum. House specialities include deep-fried beancurd and salted chicken. It also provides catering services for functions and events.
Decided to try out this restaurant sometime ago, even though I am more of a "predator" (meat lover).
I tried the Mushroom Sea Cucumber Abalone with Oyster Sauce, Vegetarian Pork with Winter Melon, Deep Fried Prawns w/ Oats and the Yam Ring with Vegetable.
Must say, that the experience blew me away. Never expected vegetarian dishes can taste so good. The chef has actually been able to deliver a range of delactable dishes without using meat.
Would recomend this to anyone who wants a different dining experience (unless ofcourse you are already used to vegetarian cuisine) ! This indeed changed my perception of vegetarian cuisine.
Wifey decided to bring her granny out for dinner and what better place then granny's all time favourite Lao di fang which use to have many outlets around the island...
Visited the place on 20-Nov-11. Ordered the following dishes
1) Spare ribs: $8.80
- Mock spare ribs which taste like dry beancurd skin curled up with sweet and sour sauce. Taste crunchy and appetizing with a slight sour taste, goes very well with the brown rice.
2)Oyster sauce w Veg: $8.80
- First taste of the mushroom on top of the veg, one word..."fresh"..you can literally taste the mushroom as though it is freshly picked from the farm....
3) Deep fried Matsutake mushroom: $10.80
- Deep fried mushroom with cereal and some dried chilli, taste very much like cereal prawn but too many of it will make one feel greasy.....
4) Fried Beancurd from dim sum section: $3.80
- This is Wifey's favourite dish when she last visited LDF while it has an outlet in causeway point. A simple dish, fried toufu with very crispy outer layer and juicy fillings. There is a hole in the middle of the toufu which is filled with a black sauce..."i thought it taste like black pepper sauce but wifey says there is also brown bean paste sauce in it as well"...Well. not sure who is right but it taste quite nice
Total bill with the Rice, Towel and Tea +++ GST is $48 for 3 pax.